Age of History 3

Wersjon

How to create map (Step by step)

I've added section for creating PROV files:

CREATING PROV FILES
1. If you haven't saved your PROV files, no worries! you can bring them back 😛 , but it might take time here is how:
2. Open mapAoC2_v2.txt and search for line ID*2+1 (If you have id of missing province 100, search for line 201), this line, and line below are the lines that you need to recreate PROV file:

PQCo48G.png
3. Copy them into file called ID (make sure that it isn't .txt file, because that might crash your game)
4. place after last number in first line semicolon - ;, and delete space between them.
4.1 - Before:

4.2 - After:
2020,2040,2055,2034;5000,2000,3000,4000
5. Congratulation's you have recreated your PROV file 😛
Short video (OS is still in polish language, rest is in english):

Edited by Wersjon

I just made 50 provinces,put them in a file,and then copied into the game file,then the game crashed.I can't switch to the map I made.What did I do wrong?

The following is the game file,could you check it for me?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I fixed it.I accidentally skipped one when I was sorting.

Edited by Francis Underwood

23 minutes ago, Francis Underwood said:

I just made 50 provinces,put them in a file,and then copied into the game file,then the game crashed.I can't switch to the map I made.What did I do wrong?

The following is the game file,could you check it for me?

Age_of_Chinese_Civilizations - 副本.rar

Copy every province from \Update into  \data\provinces somewhere and somehow provinces got destroyed/errored/pwned idk how to call them.
you need to program them once again (connections,growth rate, continents etecera):

9E4F9A345E3254542BD2B036A88B3D5CA7155D5B

4 minutes ago, Francis Underwood said:

Just skipped one province number.:classic_tongue:

That might explain why moving from update to provinces worked 😛

Edited by Wersjon

3 minutes ago, KaMiKaZe said:

Background have a default size to use? 

You can use any resolution for background, just make sure that both L and R files are having same resolution.

3 minutes ago, KaMiKaZe said:

I still having crashes, but i think it is because of the background ;-;

Make sure, that 2 files Left and Right are having same resolution, and in map files called correctly

On 1/11/2019 at 11:33 PM, Wersjon said:

Have you cut it in half? (Left and right?)

@WersjonHow in hell do you make a 2nd province in the editor? I make a single province, rename it to 0 and I put it in the editors province folder. Now the editor won't start again. I click on it and nothing happens.

2 minutes ago, Sneaky said:

@WersjonHow in hell do you make a 2nd province in the editor? I make a single province, rename it to 0 and I put it in the editors province folder. Now the editor won't start again. I click on it and nothing happens. 

There is one free space in "editor_data\Provinces\mapAoC2_v2.txt" file, delete it.
image.thumb.png.545ed6b680658936b8d3b74a4c8b072d.png

Edited by Wersjon

2 minutes ago, Wersjon said:

There is one free space in "\COMa\Ashan\editor_data\Provinces\mapAoC2_v2.txt" file, delete it.

Right. Next thing.

I put both of my provinces in the maps folders in games (provinces scale 1 and 3, update and updateB), i updat ethe config.json to 2 provinces, I have a GoT_L and GoT_R in map/backgrounds, both of which are 3330x3900, yet the game still crashes when I try to open the map in map editor

1 minute ago, Sneaky said:

Right. Next thing.

I put both of my provinces in the maps folders in games (provinces scale 1 and 3, update and updateB), i updat ethe config.json to 2 provinces, I have a GoT_L and GoT_R in map/backgrounds, both of which are 3330x3900, yet the game still crashes when I try to open the map in map editor 

Delete copied provinces from scales.

6 minutes ago, Sneaky said:

Done. Now it gets further but it still crashes at the end of the loading screen. 

Can you share me files? I need only map files.
if not send me screenshot of "config.json", \data\provinces, update

Edited by Wersjon

8 hours ago, Wersjon said:

Make sure, that 2 files Left and Right are having same resolution, and in map files called correctly

Yeah, they are with the same resolution and i used the same app that you used to create the backgrounds (Photo Filtre 7)

Edited by KaMiKaZe