Age of Civilizations
Sign in to follow this  
doggy_dog

Custom civ ideology name fix?

Hi, I'm new to this forum ( Not new to AOC tho ) and I have kinda encountered a pickle, everytime I make a custom civ, the names for the other ideologies will always end with _m , _f , _h etc.
( except for democracy ). Does anybody know how to fix this? And how to customize the names? Thanks.

2 minutes ago, doggy_dog said:

Hi, I'm new to this forum ( Not new to AOC tho ) and I have kinda encountered a pickle, everytime I make a custom civ, the names for the other ideologies will always end with _m , _f , _h etc.
( except for democracy ). Does anybody know how to fix this? And how to customize the names? Thanks.

_m =monarchy _f=fascism _h=horder 

1 minute ago, MatijaVojnic said:

_m =monarchy _f=fascism _h=horder 

Hi Matija, I also have a question to ask, do you know how to remove these letters at the end of the name?
It looks ugly in game when you change the ideology.
Thanks!

1 minute ago, doggy_dog said:

Hi Matija, I also have a question to ask, do you know how to remove these letters at the end of the name?
It looks ugly in game when you change the ideology.
Thanks!

Hey doggy! 

I am not getting that problem. Could you send me a screenshot? I will try to help you.

Just now, MatijaVojnic said:

I never saw an error such as that. You can click on civilization name in diplomacy menu and you will be able to rename it. Hope I helped! Please let me know if that helped.

Thank you for trying to help! I will try and code my way into making it work. Thanks :classic_biggrin:

2 minutes ago, doggy_dog said:

Thank you for trying to help! I will try and code my way into making it work. Thanks :classic_biggrin:

you need to press that (which I marker red) and just rename it! Let me know if I helped

Untitled.png

On 1/13/2019 at 7:54 AM, doggy_dog said:

If you want to do it permanent

It's easy, you just have to go to language, then civilizations, then select Bundle.propieties (for english) add the name, then just add the name, example:

Chiapas = Chiapas

and that's the name you are going to have everytime, you can actually put different names for other ideologies, example: 

Chiapas_c = People's Republic of Zapata
Chiapas_f = Zapatist National Liberation
Chiapas_u = Zapatist State

(this will only works if you use the Game Editor Civilization creator instead of the original one)

I hope this works for you,

In case you have other language activated you have to find the Bundle.propieties in your language

That's all

Edited by SuperGion915

20 hours ago, SuperGion915 said:

If you want to do it permanent

It's easy, you just have to go to language, then civilizations, then select Bundle.propieties (for english) add the name, then just add the name, example:

Chiapas = Chiapas

and that's the name you are going to have everytime, you can actually put different names for other ideologies, example: 

Chiapas_c = People's Republic of Zapata
Chiapas_f = Zapatist National Liberation
Chiapas_u = Zapatist State

(this will only works if you use the Game Editor Civilization creator instead of the original one)

I hope this works for you,

In case you have other language activated you have to find the Bundle.propieties in your language

That's all

Dude! Thanks so much, It worked, finally a fix for this, thanks man 😄

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Semyon
      Как удалить Созданную мной цивилизацию?/How to remove the civilization I Created?
      Я уже убирал папки с этими странами из игры, но на их месте в игре появлялись какие-то теги и вместо флага знак вопроса/I have already removed the folder with these countries from the game, but in their place in the game there were some tags and instead of the flag question mark
    • By Lucas L
      I have seen that Lukasz has added the Crimea peninsula as a part of Ucrania, when the Crimea peninsula is now under Russian occupation (Republic of Crimea) so I decided make some scenarios and leaders about the annexation of Crimea by the Russian Federation.
      Some new things:
      -Leader of Ucrania during the provisional government during the Crisis of Crimea of 2014 (Arseni Yatseniuk)
      -The Prime Minister of the Republic of Crimea Serguei Aksionov.
      -Scenario of the Crisis of Crimea (2014) In this scenario, I added the Republic of Crimea as a vassal state of Russia with the best relations, and Ucrania is near to the war with the Republic of Crimea and Russia.
      -I also added the Republic of Crimea in a Europe scenario on 1 january of 2019 (created by me), as a vassal state of Russia.
      About technology: all the civilizations have the standard technology level, 0,45.
      Update 26/03/2019:
      I'm from android and I can't share a download link until the Workshop arrives, but I can share some pictures with you (the first three pictures are of the scenario ''Annexation of Crimea by the Russian Federation'' in 2014, and the other picture it's from the Republic of Crimea in my created map of ''Europe on 1 january of 2019'')
      PICTURES:
      https://imageshack.us/i/poy31yW1p
      https://imageshack.us/i/pnlewPoup
      https://imageshack.us/i/poof9BYPp
      https://imageshack.us/i/pm9C8TmWp
      Release: waiting for Workshop...
      Thank you for reading!
    • By Shrimpy5678
      SEPARATISTS V3
      ‼️NOW WITH 400+ CIVILIZATIONS ‼️
      ❗60+ NEW CIVILIZATIONS❗

A brief foreword:
      Hello Everyone,
      This scenario has been in development for quite a while and I've reached the first major milestone in this project. Its come a long way since V1, but this is not the end for the scenario. Anyways, thank you for your continued interest and support for SEPARATISTS and I hope you enjoy this version. 
      Thanks,
      Shrimpy5678
      What's new?
      Well, I'm glad you asked!
      Added Asia Added Saint Pierre and Miquelon Changed North American borders Updated some flags What is the future of SEPARATISTS?
      Here's a general plan:
      V4: add form-able civilizations, such as separatist movements that come from ancient kingdoms/empires
      V5: add events (will be primarily for larger civilizations)
      V6/Final: add more events (for smaller civilizations), review borders, etc.
      Future: I'll continue to run general maintenance on SEPARATISTS, but won't make larger changes.
      HEY! THAT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!!!
      If you find an error in one of the borders that you want changed, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. If I missed a secessionist movement, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I'd also appreciate if you link me to a source about the movement. I want this scenario to depict all separatist movements as accurately as possible (with the standard AOC2 map).
      Pictures:
      Full Map: Africa: North and Central America: Europe: Middle East: South America: South Asia: East Asia: North and West Asia: \ Oceania: DOWNLOADS:
      Civilizations
      File:
      SepV3_Civs.zip
      Instructions:
      Open the SepV3_Civs zip folder Open the SepV3_Civs folder Open File Explorer Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Age of Civilizations II\game\civilizations_editor in File Explorer Copy everything in the SepV3_Civs and paste it into civilizations_editor Replace the files (if prompted) Scenario:
      File:
      SepV3_Scen.zip
      Instructions:
      Open the SepV3_Scen zip folder Open the SepV3_Scen folder Open File Explorer Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Age of Civilizations II\map\Earth\scenarios in File Explorer Move 1562988474400yhoimcbd and paste it into scenarios Replace the files (if prompted)  
    • By Shrimpy5678
      SEPARATISTS V2

by Shrimpy5678
      A brief foreword:
      Hello Everyone,
      This is the second version of my separatists scenario. The original only included Europe, but this one includes North and South America, Africa, The Middle East, and Oceania. Don't worry, I've already begun working on Asia, which should be completed very soon 😉. I will be releasing the full map in V3.
      Here's some stuff you should know about this scenario:
      This scenario has 55+ custom civilizations The scenario currently has no form-able civilizations, but I intend to add them The info for these separatist movements comes from Wikipedia, so if you see an error, LET ME KNOW AND I WILL FIX IT If you find some flags that look really bad (badly compressed, blurry, etc.), let me know about them, because I have a lot of flags to redo.  When Asia is finished, I will continue to add in civilizations that I may have missed. I intend on making events, but this is not one of my top priorities I don't have a final release date yet, but I intend on having one when V3 is released. If you have any ideas or suggestions, I would love to hear them.  I took a break from developing this scenario after I released V1, but recently I got a burst of motivation to work on this project again. I'll continue to work on the scenario as long as I'm motivated.
      Thanks,
      Shrimpy5678
      Pictures:

Europe: North and Central America: South America: Africa: Middle East: Oceania: DOWNLOADS:
      Civilizations:
      file:
      Separatist_Civilizations.zip
      Instructions:
      Open the Separatist_Civilizations zip folder Open the Separatist_Civilizations folder Open File Explorer Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Age of Civilizations II\game\civilizations_editor in File Explorer Copy everything in the Separatist_Civilizations and paste it into civilizations_editor Replace the files (if prompted) Scenario:
      file:
      Separatist_Scenario.zip
      Instructions:
      Open the Separatist_Scenario zip folder Open the Separatist_Scenario folder Open File Explorer Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Age of Civilizations II\map\Earth\scenarios in File Explorer move the 1562988474400yhoimcbd folder into scenarios Replace the files (if prompted) HEY YOU! IF YOU LIKE THIS SCENARIO AND WANT TO SUPPORT ITS CREATION,
      RATE THIS SCENARIO (5 stars please 😄)
      REPLY IF YOU HAVE SUGGESTIONS/CONCERNS
      SHARE THE SCENARIO 
      THANK YOU!

• By PakoGerteMX
      ⚠ Topic en progreso ⚠
      Guía para jugar con distintas naciones:

Naciones tribales:
      Consejo: La mejor manera de empezar con este tipo de gobierno es gastar todo tus ingresos en investigación para que puedas civilizar rápidamente tu nación y con ello conquistar rápidamente tus vecinos tribales como pasa con el Imperio Azteca.

Jugar con Alemania Nazi:
      Consejo: Descarga o haz un escenario de la SGM ya que el escenario defecto está muy des balanceado.
      En el inicio del escenario, no tengas guerras con las naciones más poderosas como la Unión Soviética, Francia o Reino Unido. Recomiendo si quieres conquistar ir por tus pequeños vecinos pero gastar tus ingresos en la población para que estas generen más dinero y puedas reclutar mayor población en conflictos grandes es más efectivo. Posteriormente un truco también más efectivo  es mandar una amenaza. Puedes llegar a avasallar una nación por más poderosa que sea si tienes un ejercito grande, dejar pasar la tregua y anexionar todo el territorio.

Trucos en partida ya iniciada:

Cambiar la civilización con la que juegas _________✔_________
      Existen dos maneras de cambiar la civilización que controlas:
      - Una es formando civilización, con las mismas por defecto que están en el juego o creando una nueva en el editor de juego. 
      - Otra manera es, darle en liberar un vasallo, seleccionar el territorio que desees, seleccionar jugar como vasallo lo liberas y empiezas estabilizando TODO el territorio ya que no posees núcleos, cuando la civilización este totalmente estabilizada podrás declarar la independencia.

Poner a civilizaciones en contras de otras 
      ¿Cansado de las fastidiosas guerras con naciones muy poderosas? ¿Quieres declararle la guerra a un país pero tiene un vasallo? Entonces el siguiente truco te gustara:

Solo selecciona oferta de comercio a la civilización que quieras hacer que declare la guerra a otra, dale dinero para que declare la guerra a la nación que desees. Este "xploit" es muy bueno ya que incluso puedes hacer que los vasallos declaren la guerra a su dueño.

¡No dudes en decir si los trucos presentados te sirvieron!
      Me ayudarías mucho si compartes este topic con algún amigo que es nuevo o que podría ayudarle estos consejo.

En un futuro incluiré imágenes