Age of History 3
Valixor

Codex Dacanium: Terra (BETA 1.0 RELEASED!)

FULL MAP PROGRESS PART 6: THE SUN SHINES OVER THE FULL MAP

It's a great day for War of the Eight Continents, today, all provinces of the full map are 100%, I repeat, 100% COMPLETE!!! This is by far the biggest map I've created, with 9,424 provinces, including over 8,750 land provinces, it's almost 5 times my previous record, when the T.O.R. Ravenfield map was finished with 1,890 provinces. The provinces aren't just repeats of the old maps in quality, they have much smoother and less spiky borders, and a long way from the old provinces in continuity too, with every pixel of the background completely covered in at least one province.

Next, the usual setting sea provinces, making connections, terrains and growth rates, and creating the first test scenario... I'll also copy the existing province cities, terrain and growth rate from the first and second demos into the full map to speed up the process.

cETsXYn.png

ALPHA PROGRESS PART 1: WATCH YOUR TERRAIN

Today, I finished the basic terrains for the full map, together with some cities. Eventually, more terrains will be added, including but not limited to the ones mentioned in this post I made at the end of May. Development will be less active through the remainder of the month, but I hope to finish the first scenario (375 BCE) by the end of this month, then a few more through October, and eventually release the alpha somewhere in December 2021. Then, I'll move on to doing the main gameplay change for WotEC, time-based province movement, alongside a bunch of other code changes.

My28qG5.png

Just typical development stuff, more named capitals and a couple of new civilizations. 309 out of 8,729 cities done (3.53% complete), though I'll remind the alpha definitely won't have 8,729 cities on release! Yeah, even the most desolate regions where you don't expect any human habitation will have named cities upon release of the final version.

fivTE1i.png

SdyRDeg.png

Edited by Valixor

ALPHA PROGRESS PART 2: CIVILIZATION CONFETTI

It's been a long time since the previous Progress Update, so I would like to show the progress done on the first full-map scenario, 375 BCE. As of now, there are 528 civilizations, and will probably be over 750 after all other civilizations have been added.

8t30Mqs.png

h0OcuGS.png

Just this map alone contains a huge and varied set of civilizations, probably the most of any canon WotEC scenario; before this timepoint, there will be fewer civilizations and more tribes as the scenarios are set before many areas are fully settled, and the same goes for later timepoints as civilizations become larger and more unified. All civilizations are set to be added to the first scenario in early October, with the other scenarios showcased through October to December.

ALPHA PROGRESS PART 3: I'M SURE IT'S GROWN OUT NOW...

Welcome to the third progress update on the continuing development of the WotEC Alpha. In the week following the second progress update, I've finished the first scenario, and just today a second scenario, 268 BCE.

Here's the finished 375 BCE scenario:

tOzdPU4.png

6a2Hb1L.png

And some previews of the 268 BCE scenario:

(I'm sure the Augustian Empire has grown out of grow-)

FJoQPLz.png

(Did I say "grown out"? Belhar's at war with Xapaloto again...)

vJGItxS.png

(Everything the light touches is our Balanic Empire.)
(What about Seijeren, Tharetaal, Qar'aan... I could go on?)
(We don't say that here.)

qU32Jmz.png

12 minutes ago, Valixor said:

ALPHA PROGRESS PART 3: I'M SURE IT'S GROWN OUT NOW...

Welcome to the third progress update on the continuing development of the WotEC Alpha. In the week following the second progress update, I've finished the first scenario, and just today a second scenario, 268 BCE.

Here's the finished 375 BCE scenario:

tOzdPU4.png

6a2Hb1L.png

And some previews of the 268 BCE scenario:

(I'm sure the Augustian Empire has grown out of grow-)

FJoQPLz.png

(Did I say "grown out"? Belhar's at war with Xapaloto again...)

vJGItxS.png

(Everything the light touches is our Balanic Empire.)
(What about Seijeren, Tharetaal, Qar'aan... I could go on?)
(We don't say that here.)

qU32Jmz.png

the true chad

On 1/24/2020 at 11:32 AM, Valixor said:

** Talking about spies and nukes, the localization for which still exist. And making an unofficial patch to fix many of the game's bugs

⠀⠀⠘⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡜⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠑⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡔⠁⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠢⢄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⠴⠊⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⡀⠤⠄⠒⠈⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣀⠄⠊⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠿⠛⠛⠛⠋⠉⠈⠉⠉⠉⠉⠛⠻⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿ ⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠋⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿ ⣿⣿⣿⣿⡏⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣤⣤⣤⣄⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⢿⣿⣿ ⣿⣿⣿⢏⣴⣿⣷⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⣿⣿ ⣿⣿⣟⣾⣿⡟⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⢢⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿ ⣿⣿⣿⣿⣟⠀⡴⠄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿ ⣿⣿⣿⠟⠻⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠶⢴⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿ ⣿⣁⡀⠀⠀⢰⢠⣦⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⠀⣴⣶⣿⡄⣿ ⣿⡋⠀⠀⠀⠎⢸⣿⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣴⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠗⢘⣿⣟⠛⠿⣼ ⣿⣿⠋⢀⡌⢰⣿⡿⢿⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⠿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⣧⢀⣼ ⣿⣿⣷⢻⠄⠘⠛⠋⠛⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢿⣧⠈⠉⠙⠛⠋⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿ ⣿⣿⣧⠀⠈⢸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠟⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⢃⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣿⣿ ⣿⣿⡿⠀⠴⢗⣠⣤⣴⡶⠶⠖⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⡸⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿ ⣿⣿⣿⡀⢠⣾⣿⠏⠀⠠⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠉⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿ ⣿⣿⣿⣧⠈⢹⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣰⣿⣿⣿⣿ ⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⠈⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣠⣴⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿ ⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣠⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿ ⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣴⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿ ⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⣄⣀⣀⣀⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿ ⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⡄⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿ ⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⠀⠀⠀⠙⣿⣿⡟⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿ ⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠇⠀⠁⠀⠀⠹⣿⠃⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿ ⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠛⣿⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢐⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿ ⣿⣿⣿⣿⠿⠛⠉⠉⠁⠀⢻⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⠈⣿⣿⡿⠉⠛⠛⠛⠉⠉ ⣿⡿⠋⠁⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⡴⣸⣿⣇⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⡿⠄⠙⠛⠀⣀⣠⣤⣤⠄⠀

On 10/4/2021 at 6:43 AM, Chairman Baad said:

⠀⠀⠘⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡜⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠑⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡔⠁⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠢⢄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⠴⠊⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⡀⠤⠄⠒⠈⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣀⠄⠊⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠿⠛⠛⠛⠋⠉⠈⠉⠉⠉⠉⠛⠻⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿ ⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠋⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿ ⣿⣿⣿⣿⡏⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣤⣤⣤⣄⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⢿⣿⣿ ⣿⣿⣿⢏⣴⣿⣷⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⣿⣿ ⣿⣿⣟⣾⣿⡟⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⢢⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿ ⣿⣿⣿⣿⣟⠀⡴⠄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿ ⣿⣿⣿⠟⠻⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠶⢴⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿ ⣿⣁⡀⠀⠀⢰⢠⣦⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⠀⣴⣶⣿⡄⣿ ⣿⡋⠀⠀⠀⠎⢸⣿⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣴⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠗⢘⣿⣟⠛⠿⣼ ⣿⣿⠋⢀⡌⢰⣿⡿⢿⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⠿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⣧⢀⣼ ⣿⣿⣷⢻⠄⠘⠛⠋⠛⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢿⣧⠈⠉⠙⠛⠋⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿ ⣿⣿⣧⠀⠈⢸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠟⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⢃⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣿⣿ ⣿⣿⡿⠀⠴⢗⣠⣤⣴⡶⠶⠖⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⡸⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿ ⣿⣿⣿⡀⢠⣾⣿⠏⠀⠠⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠉⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿ ⣿⣿⣿⣧⠈⢹⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣰⣿⣿⣿⣿ ⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⠈⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣠⣴⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿ ⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣠⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿ ⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣴⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿ ⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⣄⣀⣀⣀⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿ ⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⡄⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿ ⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⠀⠀⠀⠙⣿⣿⡟⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿ ⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠇⠀⠁⠀⠀⠹⣿⠃⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿ ⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠛⣿⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢐⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿ ⣿⣿⣿⣿⠿⠛⠉⠉⠁⠀⢻⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⠈⣿⣿⡿⠉⠛⠛⠛⠉⠉ ⣿⡿⠋⠁⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⡴⣸⣿⣇⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⡿⠄⠙⠛⠀⣀⣠⣤⣤⠄⠀

what's this

Here's all the full-map scenarios I've completed over this week, in in-game temporal order:

Old Caranese Period (600 BCE)

jYKCTROl.pngINAJOgfl.png

Rise of the Augustian Empire (268 BCE)

N5gLtvRl.pngAHQ0rwml.png

First Qah'sanni Unification (189 BCE)

jQ2r7iCl.pngymHbZpLl.png

Conquest of Elvon (113 BCE)

O9Ls0zz.pngdq6n8oil.png

Clicking on the images will lead you to the full-resolution version.

Edited by Valixor

ALPHA PROGRESS PART 4: FORWARD THROUGH TIME

Development of WotEC is still going at a steady pace, with three new full-map scenarios added this week. The finished scenarios are: Great Caranese Rebellion (1 CE), Augustian Succession War (327 CE), and Decline of Augustian Empire (474 CE).

Great Caranese Rebellion (1 CE)

rYAdpLE.pngYItSgVO.png

Augustian Succession War (327 CE)

tLzcJav.pngvmkSfCl.png

Decline of Augustian Empire (474 CE)

oGsjsZQ.pngw9XgwoS.png

Next scenario is Age of Darkness (592 CE), which will take longer than usual because of the large number of new civilizations. As always, more images can be found on the Discord server, in the channel #⤆-wotec-stuff-⤇.

Here's three more scenarios (2 full map, 1 regional) I've made over the previous 10 days:

Age of Darkness (592 CE)

SHci3NH.pngWOCtyoe.png
Founding of the Neo-Augustian Empire (702 CE)

QepyN2T.pngiB8RcyA.png

Augustian Succession War - regional version (324 CE)

68LeEbS.png

There are now 15 completed scenarios (10 full-map, 5 regional).

ALPHA PROGRESS PART 5: A THOUSAND YEARS OF PROGRESS

War of the Eight Continents is still gaining new scenarios, and lots of them. Five new, detailed scenarios, four full-map and one regional, in total 20 (14 full-map and 6 regional), have been done in the last 10 days, with hundreds of new civilizations added since the previous post. There will be four more full-map scenarios, mostly in modern times, as well as two or three regional scenarios, done until release.

As for the release date, I can tell you it will be on the 2nd anniversary of the beginning of development of the T.O.R. Mod, the precursor of WotEC, the day the first civilization for it was created, the day the first provinces slowly popped into existence, the day a long and winding path began that would eventually lead to this moment... Alpha 1.0 will be released (assuming no major issues are found around release), on...

6th of December, 2021.

Alpha 1.0 will be fully standalone, without the need for having an existing AoH installation, and will feature a recoded capitulation system, a color randomizer for the civilization editor, and new levels of buildings with rebalanced stats. In the Beta, the real coding will begin, aiming to achieve the biggest task of WotEC: a time-based movement system, bringing WotEC closer to the Paradox strategy games that Age of History tried to imitate.

There will be at least one more post (not a progress post though) on the last scenarios for the Alpha.

Scenarios:

Height of the New Qahanar (815 CE)

mHhCAck.pngzY5PkVC.png

Charlotian Campaign (regional) (839 CE)

FjNAdtU.png

Nordian Invasions (879 CE)

Jv8TGqD.pngl3DebSH.png

Sack of Tonarium (942 CE)

iaEV58A.pngIVNCZC2.png

Turn of the New Millennium (1000 CE)

miO3MyE.png

yHoS9zd.png

On 2/5/2020 at 8:22 AM, keyle said:

I really like your share. I regularly download mod boards at GBWhatsApp 2022 there are lots of good mods there. But now I'm interested in your writing in great detail. thanks

Your site has all the beautiful apps. Keep sharing more useful content.