Age of Civilizations
Sign in to follow this  
Guest XeNoCaTZ

Mac update

Guest XeNoCaTZ

Hello, I'm a Mac User and I see the game was Only for Windows but can the team of this game can upload for MacOSX ?

9 minutes ago, XeNoCaTZ said:

what do you mean ?

Open iTerm2 or any terminal that you have in your system, and then execute the following commands:

1. cd ~/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Age\ of\ Civilizations\ II/
  2. java -jar AoC2.jar

Command 1 changes your current working directory to ~/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Age\ of\ Civilizations\ II/ (dir where the game is installed for Linux) however, this may not work because the dir does not exist, if that happens, you will need to search what is the steam directory for macOS. It's a Unix system, so things should be similiar.

If command 2 doesn't work, that means you don't have java. You will need to install it from the website. Download Java.

I think he should at least make it available on steam, I can't update the game because I need to crack it to open the files, otherwise I need to use a pendrive which is also an hassle... I would like if he just up made it available, with a warning that it may be buggy... Even though I don't see any bugs...