Age of Civilizations
Armolitskiy

The strength of the troops. Łukasz Jakowski look!

I have an idea. One could add such a parameter as the strength of the troops.
It depends on the level of technological development of the country. One could also add the possibility of creating some kind of new building that will increase the strength of the army.
Because of this parameter, it will be possible to defeat 1000 troops, who have a small force, with the help of 500 units of troops, who will have great strength.

Edited by Armolitskiy

So why didnt america defeat Vietnam, they had advanced technology. I think the current combat system is fine tbh

On 1/19/2019 at 1:37 AM, Armolitskiy said:
I have an idea. One could add such a parameter as the strength of the troops.
It depends on the level of technological development of the country. One could also add the possibility of creating some kind of new building that will increase the strength of the army.
 Because of this parameter, it will be possible to defeat 1000 troops, who have a small force, with the help of 500 units of troops, who will have great strength.

4 hours ago, Strangefancypants said:

So why didnt america defeat Vietnam, they had advanced technology. I think the current combat system is fine tbh

I think, they just fought in the jungle, on the territory of Vietnam

9 hours ago, Strangefancypants said:

Guys, it was a rhetorical question i know how the Vietnamese defeated America. I said that as in i dont agree with the suggestion 

But the current combat system is not realistic. I know that the game itself is not realistic, but you can also improve the fighting system ...

Edited by Armolitskiy

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By EmpirePlanner145
      Instead of building a army using money, scrap that and have it being that it require that province's population to build a army.
      This will make so that your gold can not quickly build a army in one turn. 
      Example, you select provinces that will build a army for you based off of the population the province has.
      Population of 25000, would be able to recruit a army of 1500 but it would take 3 turns.
      Each turn makes 500 units
      There needs to be a new building so that you can train a army. The higher the level the building is the faster and more units you can build.
      The cost would increase the military upkeep.
      This would allow a nation prepared for war, have a higher chance of winning.
      Even if you are a small nation but have time to build up a army without costing gold would be ideal in terms for war.
      A Big Nation will always out produce units because of gold but take that away then this allows a small nation to take down a big nation or at least get them to agree to a peace deal in the small nation favor.
      Having these buildings in the game would allow strategic planning since now you know where you should plan your attack.
      You would want to take out their building so they cant counter attack or build a army close enough.
      With what we currently have a Nation with a high budget can build a army of 2500 in one turn, which is annoying because you probably was prepared for war but suddenly they out number you.
    • By TheSpicePhantom
      Collect all Troops to a specific Spot In a configurable Radius >=1 and <=15 Select a province that is set as a "Go To" spot, this is where all troops in a radius of up to 15 Provinces will move to in 1 Button Click This is very useful if you conquered a country with a lot of troops and split every time you get a new land
        Move all Troops to a specific Spot Worldwide! Select a province as a "Go To" spot. This is useful if you need to support Allys or Vassals that fight somewhere else. I had this issue in a game where i as Germany joined an alliance with Russia and Austria and they fought China and i had no way of moving all my troops quick enough to stop that fight, Russia was almost lost twice!
        Annex Countries that are not a vassal Like Russia did it with the Crimea Potential Risk of starting a War with that country. Depending on Economy e.g. if that country can afford to pull a war. Potential Risk of starting a War with friends of that country. Depending on existing friendly Nations with the country you try to annex. If there are no Friends, have fun calling it your new land. Potential Risk of starting a Revolution in these Provinces after Annexation. Does NOT depend on Economics or Stability. Stability Drops to 1% no matter what... Small Bonus to the Military and Economy in adjacent Provinces Less Upkeep Cheaper / Quicker building of Farms and workshops/shops Less income during War Unable to build Forts Minus Stability, that's not a thing, so Stability instantly drops to 1%.
      Diplomatic Negotiation. Takes at least 10 and a maximum of 25 turns. Less Risk of starting any form of War. Medium Risk of starting a revolution. If Revolution is the case, negotiations will be slowed down by another 10 rounds. Depends on Economics and Stability If Economy is decently high: Add up all economic Values and devide by the amount of Provinces, subtract 20%. If Average Stability is >=40% If the province has been raided before,  Higher Chance of Integration of the other population Integration doesn't drop to 1% Base Integration of 40% if troops are in an adjacent Province to that country Troops will be lost if negotiations are positive, therefor Integration Bonus Theoretical Integration of Half the Province Value -0.002% per 20 People Example Value = 99% devided by 2 == 49.5% People = 4630 People devided by 20 == 231.5 ~= 232 Multiply 232 with 0.002 == 0.464% 49.5% - 0.464% == 49.036% <-- New Integration Level This has a heavy impact on Countries with big Population numbers! Population over 499950 will always be 1% Integration Only if no troops in adjacent Provinces (from your Nation!) Provoke a Revolution in other Countries Pay the population You need to be Enemies with the opposing Country You need to have a Ministry of Foreign Affair built in your Capital New Type of Building that lets you interact with the different needs of another Country Also lets you provoke Revolutions in enemy Nations Can only be built in your Capital city, will be destroyed if you move capital to different Province This will be expanded over Time!
  • Popular Now