Jump to content
Age of Civilizations
Reich

Map Editor 2.0

Recommended Posts

I cant open the jar file, it just opens one cmd window for 1 second and then nothing. (i didnt touch anything in settings or in editor data file)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/7/2020 at 11:30 PM, HistoryFan said:

are buttons different???

they are not. When you press enter, instead of closing the editor to move province and send it to the belonging place you will have a province named 0, then one 1, then another names 2, and you will be able to move all of them at once

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/26/2020 at 3:53 AM, GyLala said:

Wow Awesome! fastest Map Editor 2.0 😄

Can you tell me how to use the editor? I tried it and I didn't knew the use of Y and some other keys, can you tell me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, krauser3ful said:

Does anyone know if I can edit an already created map and how?
Let me explain, I want to edit the AOC1 map that is already in the game, but I don't know how to do it, could someone help me?

Sure you can,at first you need the provinces of the map,but without a data,just coordinates of the points,you will also need to have them in one text file so they will appear in the map editor.

So,there are keys for doing such a stuff as replacing points,but that's kinda weird made,so when you replace the points of one province,they are getting replaced just in the map editor data file.The way to do that isn't that hard,for example you edited the 0 province,you should go to the map editor data file and copy the first two lines,then paste them in the 0 province,but there is one difference,in the map editor data there are two lines for one province,so in the province files it's all in one line,but there is ";" seperating two different lines for the data file,so when you paste it,go to the start of the second line,click backspace and add ";".

Then you can move that same province in the "update" and "updatePB" and update it.

(Note that there are keys for deleting a province,removing points,adding points,etc.Also if you move points of connected provinces,you have to update them both.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, kokakolabrooooo said:

Sure you can,at first you need the provinces of the map,but without a data,just coordinates of the points,you will also need to have them in one text file so they will appear in the map editor.

So,there are keys for doing such a stuff as replacing points,but that's kinda weird made,so when you replace the points of one province,they are getting replaced just in the map editor data file.The way to do that isn't that hard,for example you edited the 0 province,you should go to the map editor data file and copy the first two lines,then paste them in the 0 province,but there is one difference,in the map editor data there are two lines for one province,so in the province files it's all in one line,but there is ";" seperating two different lines for the data file,so when you paste it,go to the start of the second line,click backspace and add ";".

Then you can move that same province in the "update" and "updatePB" and update it.

(Note that there are keys for deleting a province,removing points,adding points,etc.Also if you move points of connected provinces,you have to update them both.)

I understood everything perfectly, thank you.
But do you know how I could get the province without data, or at least the coordinates of the provinces of the AoC1 map that comes in the original game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, krauser3ful said:

I understood everything perfectly, thank you.
But do you know how I could get the province without data, or at least the coordinates of the provinces of the AoC1 map that comes in the original game?

Well in the normal map editor you can get the provinces and their data from aoc2 map,but idk for aoc1,maybe we can mention lukasz so he can give it (if he sees this)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, kokakolabrooooo said:

Well in the normal map editor you can get the provinces and their data from aoc2 map,but idk for aoc1,maybe we can mention lukasz so he can give it (if he sees this)

It would be wonderful, because I don't know how to get the coordinates of the AoC1 map and I have tried everything.

Anyway thank you very much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...