Age of History 3

Capodastr

Norrvägen | Age of Civilizations 2 | Update is coming

On 5/9/2020 at 12:46 AM, Reich said:

Norrvägen is modification is dedicated to one of the most interesting parts of the World in terms of history - Scandinavia.

Norrvägen will give you the opportunity to plunge into Scandinavian history, feel like one of the founders of the Viking Age and be the ruler of any existing state in Scandinavia at different times. It is planned to create at least 20 scenarios of different scales, whether it is the entire map, strewn with tribes and clans, or local conflicts, seasoned with events. Well, a few alternatives do not hurt.

The main feature of the mod is a new map, currently consisting of 2261 provinces. The map province template was created by me personally, drawn by hand based on data from various historical sources, and includes a fairly accurate historical and modern administrative division.
From the images below, you can see that the map includes not only Scandinavia, but also Britain, the Northern parts of Russia and Germany, as well as part of the Baltic States. These lands were added for historicity. For example, England and Baltica are present for the reason that the Vikings often organized campaigns in England and the Baltic States, which seriously affected the history of these peoples.
In addition to the typical work on the map, I will create an atmospheric soundtrack, thematic interface, and other nice "accessories" to the mod.

Innovations of mod:
 New worked map of Northern Europe (2263 provinces). There are borders for 10 centuries of history on this map;
• About 1700 cities;
 Two backgrounds: Minimalistic (main) and Realistic (alternative);
• 11 Scenarios:

- Regional Conflicts (2017);
- Great Northern War (1700) ;
- Swedish War For Independence (1521);
- Kalmar Union (1397);
- 1164;
- William The Conqueror (1066);
- New Millennium (1000);
-  Christianization Of Denmark (980);
- Rage of Normanns (850);
- The Beginning of The Viking Age;

• Great scenario "Rage of Normanns" with a lot of events;
 95 formable civilizations;
 Edited and new added terrain types;

► Gameplay innovations:
 New leaders with portraits (some of them were colored by me);
 New Ages in game timeline system;
• New Governments:

- The monarchy was divided into two forms of government: Absolute and Elective. I don't think there's much to tell.
- Chiefdom is the main ideology for the countries of the "ancient" eras. In fact, it is a collective image of various jarldoms and small tribal unions.
- Tanistri is a form of government for the Irish and Scottish clans, of which there are many in some scenarios.
- Althing is a unique form of government for Iceland. The Althing is one of the oldest parliaments in the world: at first, the word Althing meant people's meetings of the first Icelandic settlers, where various issues were resolved and future plans of the communities were discussed. Now the Althing is called the Parliament of modern Iceland.
- Theocracy - a form of government based on religious principles. It will be a unique government for the Teutonic Order, etc.

Edited game code. For example, we added feature of changing leaders (check here).

► Other innovations:
• More than 500 new civilizations;
• UI was changed. It is still original UI but in pleasant black and white shade. Also a new font;
 Atmospheric music (40 tracks) and changed sounds.

Pleasant Pallet of Civilizations Colours.

Snimok_ekrana_555.png?extra=sG9wshLiQ2PI

Snimok_ekrana_556.png?extra=LHpmq9VQiMyn

Snimok_ekrana_557.png?extra=2WQpIhSFjSmR

Snimok_ekrana_558.png?extra=z4u__A9oADqz

Snimok_ekrana_559.png?extra=27L122duGhgx

Snimok_ekrana_560.png?extra=XVcWfijO3U8Z

Snimok_ekrana_561.png?extra=S84rdBqZkdtc

Snimok_ekrana_562.png?extra=lDFFL2ngBh-1

Snimok_ekrana_563.png?extra=FkpESWL8Gs8J

Snimok_ekrana_564.png?extra=pIq_8vAvfT7p

858264228_(2804).thumb.png.d60625ab2780574607855ccada9c8119.png

Snimok_ekrana_4482.png?extra=Sp9j10rR208

Snimok_ekrana_569.png?extra=5PoIEn8nrHrK

ideoly.png?extra=0TB632RIRFUenxBTEFYDK_e

Pisk.png?extra=BRKv6IUdGXYGnVtw1f5fb5tNT

Norrvägen will be released in february 2021. You can also find some information in our VK group.

uaua.png?extra=eCHIwTf4jOjQBpZmFC1Nx9XIj

Check updated description of the mod

Hi ^^ 

Quick suggestion about the music: you could try adding some tracks from Sabaton's Swedish album (i.e. Carolus Rex),for extra energy if someone plays as the Swedish Empire ^^

It's nice to see the mod coming along,best of luck mate.

17 hours ago, Dolphin General said:

Man how do you edit the scripts???? I want to edit some variables to help some friends on a mod. And I've already tried to edit and gets a lot of errors.

good question

13 hours ago, Reich said:

Work on secondary lines of events not affecting to main plot. Micro-plot events in the scenario will provide an opportunity to learn something interesting from Scandinavian history.

O7j9CSnYBVw.jpg?size=1920x1080&quality=9

cant you release like and alpha?

1 hour ago, Reich said:

Because I am not Jakowski and I prefer finish my work to logical end.

(Not looking for an argument,just saying)

I mean,I get Paul's point. A lot of games get pre-released in an alpha or beta phase and then develop further via updates or DLCs. But then again I get your point too,which makes sense.

2 hours ago, Commieslav said:

(Not looking for an argument,just saying)

I mean,I get Paul's point. A lot of games get pre-released in an alpha or beta phase and then develop further via updates or DLCs. But then again I get your point too,which makes sense.

I don't want makes "spoilers" before the mod have been released.