Age of History 3

I might consider releasing this mod in "builds", starting with the current version I have being Alpha Build 1. Then the version after that is Build 2, and then comes 3, 4, and so on.

The only problem with doing builds is that Android players would have to constantly redownload the mod just so that they'll always have the latest build. For PC players, I can just release the updated content by itself and have them patch their game. Piece of cake.

So if I do decide to start doing builds instead of a closed alpha/beta release, I'll most likely make them PC-only. Android players shouldn't have to struggle with always staying up-to-date. Unless they know how to properly modify the game files.

And I'd have to remove every reference to the actual mod name...

When do you plan to get a Release date for this mod or just the beta. (By the way idk if beta comes after alpha or alpha comes after Beta.)

Edited by Falloutrim

1 hour ago, Falloutrim said:

When do you plan to get a Release date for this mod or just the beta. (By the way idk if beta comes after alpha or alpha comes after Beta.)

The release date is when it's ready. Oh, and alpha comes first.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle

I'm most likely going to require Android players to get permission to download the mod. This is because with Android, I have no choice but to send the mod as an extracted AoC2 app. This could get me into hot water with Łukasz, since it's basically like illegally distributing AoC2 for free.

So I'll have to make them show proof that they bought AoC2 on Google Play before I let them download the mod. At least I'll know that they legally own the game this mod is for. 

Right. I think the closed alpha poll's gone on long enough, so I'll end it there. We got 44 yes votes and 14 no votes. So I'll start picking people on my Discord for the closed alpha tomorrow, if not now.

Edited by Chairman Baad

Here's what you can expect with the Project Imperator open alpha (compared to the closed alpha):
• Bug fixes for China
• New decisions for France and Brazil
• A brand new "nighttime" map background
• Updates until the main story goes past 2030

On 6/9/2020 at 7:21 AM, Chairman Baad said:

Also no more Abyssinia forming in every single playthrough. Ethiopia has to work for that now.

If you use addon+ then that's not really an issue. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Age of History Games