GMC_dude

14. WINNIE THE PARAMOUN LEADER
  15. Nubbie

Nubbie

16. Simon Wilford

Simon Wilford

• Similar Content

• By Chairman Baad
      TCBC was a very niche mod that only catered to my own interests. It was meant to be a personal mod that I could enjoy myself, and then give others a small chance to enjoy. But as time went on, I quickly became too stressed out and depressed to continue developing my mod any further. I didn't want to make updates or create any new content. I also had barely any time for development when I had several other projects and life events going on. But I have observed the behavior of some community members towards other modders who haven't yet released or updated their own mods. Some would simply ask "Release date?" or "Update?" Others would add a few more words: "When is the mod being released?" or "When is the next update?"
      But the worst I have seen comes from the people who bash and harass the modders and try to rush development. This has been happening to ivr17, the creator of Addon, in an effort to get a beta or an early release. This kind of attitude towards the people who place their blood, sweat, and tears into the content they serve you is nothing short of rude and disrespectful. As a community, we need to acknowledge that harassing modders to try and get a release date or update just cannot and should not be accepted. This is something I never want to deal with, and so in not being able to make any new updates, I felt like I would end up facing the mob. So with my lack of time and will to make updates, combined with the playerbase harassing other modders for updates and releases, I had no other choice but to only develop for myself from now on and kill the mod for everyone else. 
      Unfortunately, even after the deletion of the TCBC thread, I continue to receive messages about the mod. "Re-release TCBC". "Bring TCBC back". "Please go back to TCBC mode @Chairman Baad". But the truth is that the more I receive messages like this, the less I want to re-release the mod. It didn't have a ton of scenarios. It didn't have a lot of formables. There were barely any events and most of them felt unfinished. I felt like I didn't even have something worth releasing anyway. So why even bother with these requests? Other mods can provide the same sense of satisfaction that TCBC did, but on a much greater scale. Developers can put out more content in a week than I can in a month due to my lack of time. I have no place in a community saturated by mega-mods like Conquerors and Bloody Europe. And if I do release the mod, Addon and Age of Imperialism will wipe out any hope of its survival. 
      But this can be accepted. 
      I mentioned at the start that TCBC was a niche mod. It was only created to pique my own interests. A mod like that should have no hope of becoming popular with the community. That's why I could embrace this if I wanted. I could state something like "hey, this mod was only made for my own interests, so you might not enjoy it as much as other mods" in the mod description. And even if the game is dead/dying, a lot of what I do is related to dead games anyway, so modding this one turned out to be right up my alley.
      But even if I announce the purpose of the mod, what would stop people from trying to force me to make updates? The answer: Silence them completely. If I post in the Mods subforum, I have no control over the people's messages. But if I post in this club, I can lock my threads to stop people from nagging me and chanting "update" over and over. When you're dealing with a crowd of impatient players, going full 1984 on them might be your only escape. And that's exactly what I'm gonna do. I don't care if people don't like it. If you're gonna shout at me to release updates or put out more leaks, then I'm not even gonna bother with you.
      There are a few more problems before I can re-release my mod, but I can't solve them all on my own. I need everyone's co-operation for these last few.
      From MYSELF:
      I need more time to finish the stuff I implemented during private development. I have a couple events with missing loc, and I'm planning to replace a scenario. Once I get all that finished up, then I can put up a new download link. But that's the most I'm willing to do. Updates for the mod depend on everyone. From the COMMUNITY:
      We all need to stop nagging modders for updates and release dates. Even a simple "update?" repeated often could get to someone, as it did for me when I saw it happening to others and became worried for myself. Think of it this way: Questions about updates and release dates only take time away from development since a modder will have to answer the question to avoid people assuming the worst. From the MODDERS:
      It is clear that Lukasz won't update AoH2 any longer. That means he won't fix any of the major bugs in the game. But there are more and more modders who are accessing and editing the code directly! If we try hard enough, we can fix the bugs and make AoH2 greater than it ever was! The most critical one for TCBC is the event save bug. That's the one where saving and reloading a game clears all taken decisions, which can screw up "decision taken" events.  If all of us can work on these three things, I'm certain that a new Collection can be born. I say "a new Collection" because if I re-release the mod, it probably won't even be "The Chairman Baad Collection" anymore. But until then, instead of a new version or a download link, all you get is... you guessed it... 
    • By Chairman Baad
      This is a set of 17 additional sounds from HoI4 for use with Hearts of AoH2 or any other HoI4-styled mod. Like my previous sound pack, there are some sounds that replace ones from vanilla AoH2, and some sounds to replace ones you only hear in HoAoH.
      Additional Sound Pack for HoAoH2.zip
    • By Chairman Baad
      This is a set of 12 additional sounds from EU4 for use with Conquerors or any other EU4-styled mod. Some sounds replace ones from vanilla AoH2, while others were picked to replace sounds you normally hear in Conquerors.
      Additional Sound Pack for Conquerors.zip
    • By Chairman Baad
      This is a set of 15 sounds from Victoria 2. It works best with a Victorian Era-themed mod. Unfortunately Vic2 didn't give me a lot to work with, so I had to make do with what I had. As such, a lot of sound files were simply copied instead of being all unique sounds. But in spite of everything, I hope this sound pack adds some flavor to your gameplay.
      Vic2 Sound Pack.zip
    • By Chairman Baad
      This is a recreation of the Sabaton Soundtrack DLCs for Hearts of Iron IV. The loading and console music are the normal songs from Kevin MacLeod. Everything else is Sabaton songs.
      PC (.zip) - Android (.obb)
      The original DLCs from HoI4 are here and here.
  • Popular Now

• Our picks

• Tell a friend

Love Age of History Games? Tell a friend!