Age of History 3
PyroitzNestorMakhno

The Old Era: An Age of History Two Mod - 0.1.12c (Action and Echo)

The Old Era

Hello,

Im relatively new to the modding community here, but I have been working on a project... actually more of a fever dream.

That project is The Old Era, a mod which asks the question "What if a mod creator threw a bunch of formable nations on a map and made a story around it?" Im proud to say that the answer to that is something completely nonsensical, but something I hope has a good story and will make people scratch their heads at.

Because of this, i am looking for ideas for country event trees, with more info on the discord:

Mod Download (Sorry for No Events, I had an Issue with the mod. Also the link works now): Sorry for the lack of Hype, my scenario isn't showing up and I need to fix that.

Discord: https://discord.gg/E7ZNZQQEPJ

Currently, Action and Echo is 75% complete.

[Pyroitz!] Nestor Makhno

Sneakpeaks of the more recent variety

The_German_Civil_War_-_Final_Sneakpeak_Part_One.thumb.jpg.8558162fb299b88a4bbe1066d258be9e.jpg

The_German_Civil_War_-_Final_Sneakpeak_Part_Two.thumb.jpg.3eff068c30ddf28520228f466d653dd9.jpg

896391275_AmericanCivilWar-PreCivilWar.thumb.jpg.e462700853105812106eac106e2ad978.jpg

Edited by PyroitzNestorMakhno

WEEKLY UPDATE

Today, I started working on events for Europe's dominant power, the Großdeutscher Bund.

The Bund will consist of 7 component states in an alliance: The Deutches Kaiserreich, led by the Militaristic Fredrick III von Hohenzollen, is the current leader of the bund, with elections taking place every four years to determine the Leader of the Bund.

In the Kaiserreich's event tree, you will be able to lead the Großdeutscher Bund in one of three directions:

1) Federalization, and the proclemation of the Großdeutches Kaiserreich;

2) To the Collapse of the Bund, leading its component states to break away and a bloody German civil war to begin

3) The Status quo can be maintained.

The Kaiserreich will also have colonies in Africa and the Middle East, which decisions on the homefront will either lead to their growth and survival - or their collapse.

-----------[PROGRESS CHECK FINISHED]-----------

WEEKLY UPDATE:

Not much new this week, just a progress log.

- Started adding leaders to the Großdeutscher Bund and its component states

- Began work on portraits for said leaders (if anyone can provide any help that would be fantastic)

- Continued to work on the events for the Kaiserreich's colonies

Next week, I hope to do more - school is starting to pick up, and with that means I have less time to work. However, I hope that I will be able to continue working, and thanks to all of the people that have joined the discord for the flags and some ideas - that has been a lifesaver.

On 10/18/2022 at 1:46 PM, PyroitzNestorMakhno said:

10/17/2022

Events:

- Added Skeleton Events for the British Empire, the French Republic, sudwestAfrika, Ostindien, Madagaskar, and the Midwestern American State

Misc:

- Made one leader portrait im proud of. This is taking longer than anticipated.

-Finished Subideologies

Update to The Mod

3/2/2023-5/23/2023

Events:
- Full content until 1985 for the German Federation and Confederation paths
- Russian Historical Path until 1982 added
- Skeleton Content for the German Civil War (all major powers, Hanover, and Bavaria can unify Germany)
- Yockey Post ACW content added until 1984
- Italian Historical path until 1984 added
- Dynamic Collapse of German, British, and Italian Africa added (It's pretty buggy right now, will need a lot more attention, and may not be included in the first release)
- Alternate Content for Byzantium, France, Hungary, Italy, Russia, and Sweden Added in case of German Civil War
- Sweden (Historical Path 1980-1985), France (Historical Path 1980-1985) Russia (Tsarist 1980-1984, Technocommunist 1980-1984, Historical 1982-1984) and Byzantine (Pre-Balkan War 1980-1982) Skeleton Content  added
- Collapse of the Mongol Empire added and Northern Chinese Warlords added
- Dissolution of the Bulgarian Tsardom added (1986)

Music:
- All soundtracks have been added (3/20/2023)
- Music Actually plays (4/1/2023)

Misc:
- Leader Portraits/Pictures added for German, Italian, American, Russian, British, French, Iberian, Byzantine, Bulgarian, Turkish, Swedish (just one, it's hard to find pictures of swedish politicians), and Hungarian Leaders
- Renamed many states and added new states
- Changed the bonuses of some terrain and added some new terrains
- Started working on the title screen
- Got Lore mostly done, but it can change
- Added Leaders for most countries
- Add some ideologies

Sorry for the long delay between updates, I had an issue where the device my project was on stopped working and I had to restart everything. Because of that, apologies for the long delay in updates.

I want to release the first version of the mod sometime soon, hopefully within the next month. I've had a lot of things come up recently, including finals and work giving me 30+ hours a week; among other things. It will be done when I feel it is polished, and right now it isn't. Things don't work the way they should sometimes, and since that frustrates me as a player I am endeavoring to make sure things work right 95% of the time, since with the engine and resources provided by AOH2 that is the most you can hope for.

Again, sorry for the delays, but with summer rolling around, I should be able to continue this at a much quicker pace.

On 5/30/2023 at 8:44 AM, PyroitzNestorMakhno said:

3/2/2023-5/23/2023

Events:
- Skeleton Content for the German Civil War (all major powers, Hanover, and Bavaria can unify Germany)
- Dynamic Collapse of German, British, and Italian Africa added (It's pretty buggy right now, will need a lot more attention, and may not be included in the first release)
- Alternate Content for Byzantium, France, Hungary, Italy, Russia, and Sweden Added in case of German Civil War
- Sweden (Historical Path 1980-1985), France (Historical Path 1980-1985) Russia (Tsarist 1980-1984, Technocommunist 1980-1984, Historical 1982-1984) and Byzantine (Pre-Balkan War 1980-1982) Skeleton Content  added

Music:

Misc:
- Leader Portraits/Pictures added for German, Italian, American, Russian, British, French, Iberian, Byzantine, Bulgarian, Turkish, Swedish (just one, it's hard to find pictures of swedish politicians), and Hungarian Leaders
- Add some ideologies

Sorry for the long delay between updates, I had an issue where the device my project was on stopped working and I had to restart everything. Because of that, apologies for the long delay in updates.

I want to release the first version of the mod sometime soon, hopefully within the next month. I've had a lot of things come up recently, including finals and work giving me 30+ hours a week; among other things. It will be done when I feel it is polished, and right now it isn't. Things don't work the way they should sometimes, and since that frustrates me as a player I am endeavoring to make sure things work right 95% of the time, since with the engine and resources provided by AOH2 that is the most you can hope for.

Again, sorry for the delays, but with summer rolling around, I should be able to continue this at a much quicker pace.

Ok

3/2/2023-5/23/2023

Events:

Music:

Misc:
- Add some ideologies

Also I How Must Ideologies Do The Mod Have 

3/2/2023-5/23/2023

Events:

Music:

Misc:
- Add some ideologies

It is July

C

On 7/17/2023 at 6:27 PM, Honex said:

It is July

You are correct; sir. You see... I had a bit of an issue trying to get the mod to work and during the process of trying to make it work, I broke it and could no longer return it to functionality (because the data deleted itself when I tried to reinstall for whatever reason) so I had to restart.

17 hours ago, PyroitzNestorMakhno said:

C

You are correct; sir. You see... I had a bit of an issue trying to get the mod to work and during the process of trying to make it work, I broke it and could no longer return it to functionality (because the data deleted itself when I tried to reinstall for whatever reason) so I had to restart.

Damm

Time for another Update Everyone

No, the mod is not dead. The work continues.

Here is everything that has been accomplished in the past bit, which is more easily seen on the discord.

6/8/2023 - 08/24/2023
- Finished Recreating Map
- Began trying to figure out how to export the scenario without breaking things again
- Added more leaders (no portraits yet, those will be included once I add events

- Finished German Content through 1982 (First Phase for Germany Complete)
- Changed the Afrikan Revolt to the Pan-African Liberation Front
- Added events for China once Ghengis II dies (Qingdao Clique, Qing, and Deutsch-China minor content added; New Han Collapse and warlords added)
- Added minor content for the Khanate of Siberia (arrival of the Russian Exiles and Provisional Russian Republic Elections (5 Paths))
- Added Skeleton content for the Russian Empire, removed the Communist path for the Russian Empire (moved to Khanate of Siberia)
- readded Skeleton Content for France and the Frankenreich in the event of the GCW
- Fixed some problems with the GCW (Northwestern Germany wouldn't unite under the Military Junta)
- Readded the American Civil War
- Many fixes to events, minor and major

- Finished German Content for the Status Quo Path (stay as the Kaiserreich with minor changes)
- Fixed all the events previously relating to the Afrikan Revolt to the Pan-African Liberation Front Civilization
- Suspended Progress on the Provisional Republic of Russia until I can make the elections work correctly
- Readded all pre ACW content for America 
- Readded Skeleton content for Yockey until 1985
- Changed Cascadia to the Republic of Alyeska and added skeleton content for them
- Added minor content for the American nations Yockey will interact with (relating to his path only)
- Readded Historical paths for Sweden and Russia
- Removed Technocommunist path from the Russian Empire and moved it to the Provisional Republic of Russia (the only path that works right now for them)
- Readded alternate content for Hungary, France, Italy, and Sweden in case of the German Civil War
- Readded the Collapse of the Mongol Empire
- Added content for Qingdao until 1984, and post 1984 for the KMT (until 1986)
- Added content for both Qingdao and Deutsch-China in case of the German Civil War
- Added skeleton content for Free Poland and Ukraine for the GCW
- Added skeleton content for Lithuania

- Added White Army VS Russian Provisional Republic (Russian Right wing vs the Democratic Coalition)
- Changed the Russian Empire so it only has different flavors of Monarchy, because it made more sense lore wise.
- Added skeleton content for the Sahara conflict and its various outcomes following the collapse of Deutsch-Westafrika
- Added Skeleton content for the North Russian Republic and Sweden relating to the 3rd Great Northern War
- Added Skeleton Content for Mexico
- Added pre-WW3 conflicts for the Kaiserreich's two non civil war paths
- Added skeleton content for the Russian Empire relating to Alexei's death and the succession
- Added skeleton content to Russia and Germany relating to the struggle over Lithuania
- Added skeleton content for the Fourth French Republic relating to the situation in Africa
- Added skeleton content for the French State relating to both Napoleonic paths (succeed vs fail to reestablish the Empire(
- Added skeleton content to the French State so it can get back its territories from Britain, whether peacefully or via war.
- Added a bunch of new events relating to the Pan-African Liberation Front's struggle to drive the Germans, British, and Italians from Africa
- The Pan-African Liberation Front now can be reborn if any of the Colonies are overthrown
- Germany's African and Asian possessions now collapse in the event of the German Civil War
- Finished skeleton content for the major powers in the German Civil War, but will have to deal with bugs
- Made the New Han and Kazakh Khanate collapses work as intended

This has been a huge project, but overall, progress is pretty good. Things may be ready to release a version soonish if all goes according to plan. No I will not give a date, as the last time I moved to finish with a date I broke my mod.

If you wish to see more regular progress updates or sneakpeaks, join the discord. Its in the mod description.

[Pyroitz!] Nestor Makhno

4 hours ago, PyroitzNestorMakhno said:

Time for another Update Everyone

No, the mod is not dead. The work continues.

Here is everything that has been accomplished in the past bit, which is more easily seen on the discord.

6/8/2023 - 08/24/2023
- Finished Recreating Map
- Began trying to figure out how to export the scenario without breaking things again
- Added more leaders (no portraits yet, those will be included once I add events

- Finished German Content through 1982 (First Phase for Germany Complete)
- Changed the Afrikan Revolt to the Pan-African Liberation Front
- Added events for China once Ghengis II dies (Qingdao Clique, Qing, and Deutsch-China minor content added; New Han Collapse and warlords added)
- Added minor content for the Khanate of Siberia (arrival of the Russian Exiles and Provisional Russian Republic Elections (5 Paths))
- Added Skeleton content for the Russian Empire, removed the Communist path for the Russian Empire (moved to Khanate of Siberia)
- readded Skeleton Content for France and the Frankenreich in the event of the GCW
- Fixed some problems with the GCW (Northwestern Germany wouldn't unite under the Military Junta)
- Readded the American Civil War
- Many fixes to events, minor and major

- Finished German Content for the Status Quo Path (stay as the Kaiserreich with minor changes)
- Fixed all the events previously relating to the Afrikan Revolt to the Pan-African Liberation Front Civilization
- Suspended Progress on the Provisional Republic of Russia until I can make the elections work correctly
- Readded all pre ACW content for America 
- Readded Skeleton content for Yockey until 1985
- Changed Cascadia to the Republic of Alyeska and added skeleton content for them
- Added minor content for the American nations Yockey will interact with (relating to his path only)
- Readded Historical paths for Sweden and Russia
- Removed Technocommunist path from the Russian Empire and moved it to the Provisional Republic of Russia (the only path that works right now for them)
- Readded alternate content for Hungary, France, Italy, and Sweden in case of the German Civil War
- Readded the Collapse of the Mongol Empire
- Added content for Qingdao until 1984, and post 1984 for the KMT (until 1986)
- Added content for both Qingdao and Deutsch-China in case of the German Civil War
- Added skeleton content for Free Poland and Ukraine for the GCW
- Added skeleton content for Lithuania

- Added White Army VS Russian Provisional Republic (Russian Right wing vs the Democratic Coalition)
- Changed the Russian Empire so it only has different flavors of Monarchy, because it made more sense lore wise.
- Added skeleton content for the Sahara conflict and its various outcomes following the collapse of Deutsch-Westafrika
- Added Skeleton content for the North Russian Republic and Sweden relating to the 3rd Great Northern War
- Added Skeleton Content for Mexico
- Added pre-WW3 conflicts for the Kaiserreich's two non civil war paths
- Added skeleton content for the Russian Empire relating to Alexei's death and the succession
- Added skeleton content to Russia and Germany relating to the struggle over Lithuania
- Added skeleton content for the Fourth French Republic relating to the situation in Africa
- Added skeleton content for the French State relating to both Napoleonic paths (succeed vs fail to reestablish the Empire(
- Added skeleton content to the French State so it can get back its territories from Britain, whether peacefully or via war.
- Added a bunch of new events relating to the Pan-African Liberation Front's struggle to drive the Germans, British, and Italians from Africa
- The Pan-African Liberation Front now can be reborn if any of the Colonies are overthrown
- Germany's African and Asian possessions now collapse in the event of the German Civil War
- Finished skeleton content for the major powers in the German Civil War, but will have to deal with bugs
- Made the New Han and Kazakh Khanate collapses work as intended

This has been a huge project, but overall, progress is pretty good. Things may be ready to release a version soonish if all goes according to plan. No I will not give a date, as the last time I moved to finish with a date I broke my mod.

If you wish to see more regular progress updates or sneakpeaks, join the discord. Its in the mod description.

[Pyroitz!] Nestor Makhno

Demo please

Hello again. We are back with another status report.

As of Today, everything I want to do with the first release is finished. However, I can't upload the file because my internet is shot and I don't want to use up my data. The cable for the internet should be replaced on Monday, and after that point the mod should have version 0.1.0 released to the forums.

[Pyroitz!] Nestor Makhno

On 11/4/2023 at 3:40 PM, PyroitzNestorMakhno said:

As of Today, everything I want to do with the first release is finished. However, I can't upload the file because my internet is shot and I don't want to use up my data. The cable for the internet should be replaced on Monday, and after that point the mod should have version 0.1.0 released to the forums.

[Pyroitz!] Nestor Makhno

Now It Sat Nov 18 So where It Is

On 11/4/2023 at 3:40 PM, PyroitzNestorMakhno said:

[Pyroitz!] Nestor Makhno

👋