Jump to content
Age of Civilizations
Chexier

Chexier's Present Day Mod - Modern World, but improved

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, WUWU897 said:

How should I download this? Should I get a new AOC2 and replace the files there?

 

Just download, extract and replace the files. I'm also going to add new countries soon.

EDIT: I'm having a bad time with the map editor, it's unplayable for me, so I won't be adding new provinces until it's fixed. If you want to, you can download my mod and modify the provinces the way you like.

Edited by Chexier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey man. Kosovo is Serbia. I know that more than half countries of NATO recognizes Kosovo but its Serbia. You probably won't change it but Kosovo is hearth of Serbia. You can read history. Main Serbian events happened in Kosovo. Nice map btw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MatijaVojnic said:

Hey man. Kosovo is Serbia. I know that more than half countries of NATO recognizes Kosovo but its Serbia. You probably won't change it but Kosovo is hearth of Serbia. You can read history. Main Serbian events happened in Kosovo. Nice map btw.

He's doing what goverments control. NOT what the UN even sees as a country. Kosovo does control it's lands, so it's going to be there. No need to get mad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Chexier said:

Just download, extract and replace the files. I'm also going to add new countries soon.

EDIT: I'm having a bad time with the map editor, it's unplayable for me, so I won't be adding new provinces until it's fixed. If you want to, you can download my mod and modify the provinces the way you like.

I don't know how the map editor works, so shrug .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MatijaVojnic said:

Hey man. Kosovo is Serbia. I know that more than half countries of NATO recognizes Kosovo but its Serbia. You probably won't change it but Kosovo is hearth of Serbia. You can read history. Main Serbian events happened in Kosovo. Nice map btw.

Kosovo was a important part of serbia, but in the present day it's not controlled by the serbian government, but by the kosovo govt. I want to make my map realistic, so why commit changes that will make my map less accurate?

6 hours ago, MatijaVojnic said:

What is with Canada, Why it has that flag

You probably didn't replace the flags and flagsH folder. You should do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Baked Beans said:

can other countries join NATO or CSTO without inviting them or is that not a a feature?

Considering how factions work in AoC2, the nations will probably not join any of the factions as they would be too big. They are programmed in a way where only 2 to 3 nations would be even near accepting joining a faction due to other allies. I am pretty sure unless Chexier re-scripted the alliance system, the factions will not get any bigger. He might add scripted events though, which might give other nations a chance to join either faction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you planning on adding events? If yes id like to suggest some
-Sea of Azov crisis event chain that could lead up to Russia-Ukraine war or even NATO-Russia war
-Escalation in the balkans over Kosovo making its own millitary (dont know exactly whats happening but it should be easy to research)
-Uyghurs declaring independence from china and forming East turkestan republic,then china gets event to declare war to reclaim it or to let them be (uyghurs are muslims located in the north west of china,the chinese goverment has a large millitary presence there,they send uyghurs to "re-education" camps,they have heavy CCTV and surveillance presence etc)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2019 at 10:19 AM, ($Jake$) said:

Considering how factions work in AoC2, the nations will probably not join any of the factions as they would be too big. They are programmed in a way where only 2 to 3 nations would be even near accepting joining a faction due to other allies. I am pretty sure unless Chexier re-scripted the alliance system, the factions will not get any bigger. He might add scripted events though, which might give other nations a chance to join either faction 

Good idea. I will add events for joining factions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chexier said:

Good idea. I will add events for joining factions.

That's what I am doing with my ATDF Scenario. It's a pretty big pain in the ass though, prepare to copy a lot of the same events over and over again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, IHazWedz said:

Are you planning on adding events? If yes id like to suggest some
-Sea of Azov crisis event chain that could lead up to Russia-Ukraine war or even NATO-Russia war
-Escalation in the balkans over Kosovo making its own millitary (dont know exactly whats happening but it should be easy to research)
-Uyghurs declaring independence from china and forming East turkestan republic,then china gets event to declare war to reclaim it or to let them be (uyghurs are muslims located in the north west of china,the chinese goverment has a large millitary presence there,they send uyghurs to "re-education" camps,they have heavy CCTV and surveillance presence etc) 

I will focus on adding events for Ukraine and Russia mainly. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/3/2019 at 2:37 PM, MatijaVojnic said:

What is with Canada, Why it has that flag

Actually canada has the wrong flag, but I will fix it soon. Just delete can_m.png from your flags and flagsH folders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Similar Content

    • By Tuyuko
      I've decided to continue making the 1960s scenario mod using the already existing addon+ mod. Why? Well funny story, on Saturday I downloaded the mod out of curiosity, however I did not expect it to fully wipe all my game progress. This includes the 1960 scenario data. So, I had to remake the entire thing, which took awhile, but I did it. Thankfully, all the custom leaders survived, but things like the custom ideologies I added are gone. Luckly, I have them saved in the scenario mod folder, but I'll have to find a way to reintegrate them into the game.
      Heres some screenshots of what the scenario looks like now

       

       

       
       
    • By Tuyuko
      I have decided to include more ideologies in this mod in order to make it more historically accurate among other features.
      Heres a few screenshots showing off the new ideologies.
       https://imgur.com/a/rCrqOQW
      The new Ideologies that will be included are
      - Marxism
      - Stalinism
      - Leninism
      - Marxist-Leninism
      - Maoism
      Some other ideologies that I plan to include and are still working on are
      - Titoism (For Yugoslavia)
      - Juche (For North Korea)
      - Burmese Socialism (For Burma)
      - Hoxhaism (For Albania)
      To add more flare to these ideologies, I will also be including unique alternate flags for these ideologies that some countries will have. Not all will have unique flags for every ideology, but some will.
      These flags will all be custom made by me.
      In addition to all this, I'll also be adding more releasable nations to the scenario such as all 50 US states and the Canadian provinces.
      As for a release date, I can't say but just know it will be done sometime this year. 
      Heres some mod progress:
      Scenario itself - Done
      Cores - Half Done
      Leaders - Still Working on it!
      Ideologies - Half Done
      Flags - Still Working on it!
      Events - Still Working on it!
       
    • By alexrenesito34
      !NEW UPDATE! today I bring you a new update of the scenario where I add a total of more than 47 historical events in addition to updating the map and adding more nations such as the colonies of Canada and adding the British company of the East Indies the events are in Spanish but in update 4 I will put in English for those who do not understand Spanish
       
       
       
       
       






      1846 0.3.rar
×
×
  • Create New...