Jump to content
Age of Civilizations
Fun

2 words. Online Multiplayer.

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Lativ said:

I think it's expensive and quite time taking, otherwise Łukasz would certainly add it. Let's just wait for AoC3

Or we could wait for an update in the future. Keep in mind, FAAAR into the future. Like a year later or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah but a question, how would it work, do you have a limited time to do your turn? And if you do, then a player can declare war on you in the last 5 seconds and you wouldnt have time to recruit, and if every player has a separate turn, it would take too long for a turn to pass and when you declare war on someone who has already done his turn, it is simply unfair. Please explain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, steffan said:

Yeah but a question, how would it work, do you have a limited time to do your turn? And if you do, then a player can declare war on you in the last 5 seconds and you wouldnt have time to recruit, and if every player has a separate turn, it would take too long for a turn to pass and when you declare war on someone who has already done his turn, it is simply unfair. Please explain

Thats the point,every single turn take too long to wait. Maybe it can work in small campaign maps like australia ,balkans and ,mid-east so that decisions can be made faster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, steffan said:

Yeah but a question, how would it work, do you have a limited time to do your turn? And if you do, then a player can declare war on you in the last 5 seconds and you wouldnt have time to recruit, and if every player has a separate turn, it would take too long for a turn to pass and when you declare war on someone who has already done his turn, it is simply unfair. Please explain

I think it should be like Civ where every human player can take their turn at the same time and you use RNG to determine who's orders get carried out first when the next turn button is hit by all players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, TheFirstHi said:

I think it should be like Civ where every human player can take their turn at the same time and you use RNG to determine who's orders get carried out first when the next turn button is hit by all players. 

I agree with that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheFirstHi said:

I think it should be like Civ where every human player can take their turn at the same time and you use RNG to determine who's orders get carried out first when the next turn button is hit by all players. 

I agree with that too.  And in AOC3 he could make it purely grand strategy and do away with the turn-based system (I have no problem with it, I just don't think it's the best for a multiplayer game).  It's also been confirmed before that AOC3 will have different unit types.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheFirstHi said:

I think it should be like Civ where every human player can take their turn at the same time and you use RNG to determine who's orders get carried out first when the next turn button is hit by all players. 

I agree with that tho I'm a bit unsure how it will be pulled of with a game like AoCII.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sonicsweden1 said:

I agree with that tho I'm a bit unsure how it will be pulled of with a game like AoCII.

I believe the way @Łukasz Jakowski has the game coded, it fits well into the model because whenever you give an order to your army, it loads the order into a queue and then executes them based on either RNG or input order depending on your selection in the options. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...