Age of Civilizations
Fun

2 words. Online Multiplayer.

Yeah but a question, how would it work, do you have a limited time to do your turn? And if you do, then a player can declare war on you in the last 5 seconds and you wouldnt have time to recruit, and if every player has a separate turn, it would take too long for a turn to pass and when you declare war on someone who has already done his turn, it is simply unfair. Please explain

59 minutes ago, steffan said:

Yeah but a question, how would it work, do you have a limited time to do your turn? And if you do, then a player can declare war on you in the last 5 seconds and you wouldnt have time to recruit, and if every player has a separate turn, it would take too long for a turn to pass and when you declare war on someone who has already done his turn, it is simply unfair. Please explain

Thats the point,every single turn take too long to wait. Maybe it can work in small campaign maps like australia ,balkans and ,mid-east so that decisions can be made faster.

7 minutes ago, steffan said:

I think it should be like Civ where every human player can take their turn at the same time and you use RNG to determine who's orders get carried out first when the next turn button is hit by all players. 

21 minutes ago, TheFirstHi said:

I think it should be like Civ where every human player can take their turn at the same time and you use RNG to determine who's orders get carried out first when the next turn button is hit by all players. 

I agree with that!

1 hour ago, TheFirstHi said:

I agree with that too.  And in AOC3 he could make it purely grand strategy and do away with the turn-based system (I have no problem with it, I just don't think it's the best for a multiplayer game).  It's also been confirmed before that AOC3 will have different unit types.  

1 hour ago, TheFirstHi said:

I agree with that tho I'm a bit unsure how it will be pulled of with a game like AoCII.

1 hour ago, Sonicsweden1 said:

I agree with that tho I'm a bit unsure how it will be pulled of with a game like AoCII.

I believe the way @Łukasz Jakowski has the game coded, it fits well into the model because whenever you give an order to your army, it loads the order into a queue and then executes them based on either RNG or input order depending on your selection in the options. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Awesomer2715
      I've got two ideas for colonization:
      Named colonies. Instead of making an area called the country's name on it, make it relate to the region it colonizes. (Ex: Spain colonizes Sicily, 'Spanish Sicily') Make the AI vassalize their colonies. Most games I have that include colonization are not so interesting because it's just the countries that start off. It would be nicer if the AI vassalized their colonies, so there would be more nations. It could also make the game more interesting by having the colonies declare themselves independent, which would start a war of independence. Any other suggestions for colonization will be added here if requested. Also your opinion on them would be quite appreciated. Thanks
    • By ElectricSquid7
      Have you ever found the wrong leader shows up for the wrong scenario? The current mechanic the game uses is that is chooses the leader born closest to the date of the scenario. However, I suggest introducing Reign Dates - start and end dates for a leader's reign. Say, for example, you had Wilhelm II of Germany as a leader. Wilhelm was born in 1856, but you had a scenario set in 1880. In real history, Wilhelm didn't come to power until 1888. However, in this scenario, Wilhelm would be the leader of Germany due to his birthdate. However, if you set the begin of his reign to 1888, then he wouldn't come to power until 1888, just like real life. Say you also wanted to add the end of his reign to be 1918 - come 1918, his reign would end.
      With the reign system, the problem of having the wrong leader for the wrong scenario would end. You could add ever US president, and because of the Reign system, they would each be able to take power in order. Tired of having Abraham Lincoln in charge of the US in 1836? The Reign system can end that!
      Now, what if you don't enter a start date or end date? The game could simply resort to its original design, that being the system of choosing a leader based on their birth date.
      I, personally, think this is a good idea, and I hope Lukasz sees it and considers it.
    • By ky13_m0k
      This could be a great modifications to the existing cheat code commands, as maybe the sandbox mode could be changed in a way where everything is actually a cheat. What I mean by that is there could be a unlimited amount of money, not just 9 Million Gold, unlimited movement/diplomacy points and not just 99.9, population, army, etc (you get the idea), what’s more, in the country that we play as, all our provinces could have like every possible structure and building already constructed for and stuff.
      Furthermore, I think that if sandbox mode is disabled or somewhat not modified, the cheat code commands (e.g typing army would add 300 soldiers, movement would add 0.X (forgot the actual value) points, etc) could be changed to where as we type for example, army 99999, would thus add 99999 soldiers to the selected province, just like how movement 99999 would add 99999 points, etc, universal to other similar commands like army, population, diplomacy, etc.

please take this add on into consideration, and it would make this game a lot more fun!
    • By Awesomer2715
      It would be nice if a demilitarization mechanic would be added to the game. A few possible options for demilitarization would be:
      National Demilitarization: In a specified province, only a certain/specified country is not allowed to put troops on it. (Ex: Demilitarization of the Rhineland) International Demilitarization: In a specified province, no country is allowed to put troops on it (Ex: Antarctic Treaty prohibits any nation from colonizing it, so preventing troops entering would prevent it from being colonized) Partial Demilitarization: In a specified province, a specified number of troops are allowed to be in it at a time (Ex: As a result of the Yom Kippur War, Egypt was limited a number of troops that can be put in the Sinai Peninsula.) It would be even better if it would be possible to make demilitarization a possible option of a peace treaty, and a remilitarization option for events.