Age of Civilizations
Verl

More fleshed out colony system.

So right now colonies are really dumbed down and inaccurate.

What Lukasz should add is:

• Have actual colony countries (like in EU4 where after a while of colonising you get to form one big vassal that can colonise and is less autonomous than a regular vassal).
  • Have said colonial countries declare independence after a while (Have the liberty desire tick slowly up, and as you enter the 1700s and 1800s have the liberty desire tick up more faster).
  • Let that liberty desire rate vary from continent and historical period (like having Africa not really want independence till the 1960s)

I think this list is pretty good, you would say?

maybe instead of all colonies eventually declaring independence, have a way to make them stay loyal, for instance places like Canada where loyal to Britain. Maybe another to ease relations is to introduce a tax system with the colonies, being able to tax oversea ares more/less compared to mainland, like with the editor with technology. 

4 minutes ago, Boblik said:

maybe instead of all colonies eventually declaring independence, have a way to make them stay loyal, for instance places like Canada where loyal to Britain. Maybe another to ease relations is to introduce a tax system with the colonies, being able to tax oversea ares more/less compared to mainland, like with the editor with technology. 

Yeah, like having a colony system.

From totally dependent (like an African colony) to near-virtually independent (like Australia and Canada before the 80's)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By South Mapping
      Scenario isn't my

AOC2.rar
    • By hamhacker_exe
      What if Roman Empire colonize Amerika?

join HG chat if you want send suggestions or help 😉 
      Click this link if you want join
      AOC MAP.zip
    • By FrenMapper
      656/5000     Problems with the colonies I was playing the ww2 scenario with Germany, but I realized that it was impossible to attack France and the United Kingdom, due to their vast territories that made them gain a lot of man power. I then tried, thanks to the Editor, to create vassals, so that the two powers still had colonies, but that these did not affect so much man power. However, this has led to another problem. Now, if the colonies intervene in the war, at the end of the peace treaties it is possible that the Indian Raj has annexed some territories in Germany, or that French Morocco now has some territories in Italy. Please resolve.
    • By viktor77727
      I don't know if it's just me or a common bug but I added Belarussian cores in Poland so that only Belarus can revolt around Minsk but instead of that I got Lendian revolts...in 2000's. Can you please make that only civilizations that have a core in a province can revolt in it? The other day I also got Slovenian revolts...in Vienna (they didn't cover any Slovenian provinces) which spread up to Berlin - I never added any Slovene cores.