Age of History 3
($Jake$)

Greater Europe Map v0.75 - DEMO out now

Poll  

397 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 3/20/2020 at 12:02 AM, ($Jake$) said:

Actually shouldn't take too long as I have the province map finished, it's just copying the map I'd put under it which isn't too bad.

Could you give me the map to me, a copy without the layers just the provinces only?

6 hours ago, New Britain Mapper said:

Could you give me the map to me, a copy without the layers just the provinces only?

If I wanted a complete province map I'd have to stitch one from the different layers I have in place. Right now I had to backtrack and work on drawing a map of Europe since I realized that I can't be using my province map as the background in-game and that I'll have to draw the provinces from the province map onto an actual geographical map of Europe ://. This will take some time but still it shouldn't take extremely long, like the province map itself did. 

Added a poll feeling that most people would be tired of still waiting for this mod after a year of development.

Also, here's a screenshot of the work-in-progress background map. I'm drawing it at 1/2 of the resolution of the province map to save time & make the game run smoother, and in the end it should still look good.

I have a few layers of different maps (Height maps, Rivers, etc.) and I draw under them.

Sorry for the slow progress of the mod over the past year, it's my first proper mod and I don't put all my time into it as I am a very busy person. Nevertheless, over the next week as I am free of school and work, I will hopefully finish the province & background map and I will start putting in the provinces in the editor. I am confident that I will have a playable version of the mod (even if it's only a small demo!) in May, if not earlier.

image.thumb.png.8af04259e1843b40212daf8bfaaeac39.png

Edited by ($Jake$)

1 hour ago, ($Jake$) said:

Added a poll feeling that most people would be tired of still waiting for this mod after a year of development.

Also, here's a screenshot of the work-in-progress background map. I'm drawing it at 1/2 of the resolution of the province map to save time & make the game run smoother, and in the end it should still look good.

I have a few layers of different maps (Height maps, Rivers, etc.) and I draw under them.

Sorry for the slow progress of the mod over the past year, it's my first proper mod and I don't put all my time into it as I am a very busy person. Nevertheless, over the next week as I am free of school and work, I will hopefully finish the province & background map and I will start putting in the provinces in the editor. I am confident that I will have a playable version of the mod (even if it's only a small demo!) in May, if not earlier.

image.thumb.png.8af04259e1843b40212daf8bfaaeac39.png

Remember the editor map and the background map must be the same sice. you must scale it 😉

Also, about the poll... I don't know what do you mean with less detail, are you making a 10kx12k Map? then yes tho idk

It looks awesome btw haha

Edited by Ànex i Rux

20 hours ago, Ànex i Rux said:

Remember the editor map and the background map must be the same sice. you must scale it 😉

Also, about the poll... I don't know what do you mean with less detail, are you making a 10kx12k Map? then yes tho idk

It looks awesome btw haha

The original province map was 15,000 by 10,000 pixels, I am making the background map at 7,500 by 5,000 pixels. All the provinces are still large enough at 3,500 by 2,500 but anything under that starts screwing up smaller provinces like San Marino, Vatican, Monaco and Liechtenstein. Once the background map is finished, I'm going to copy the province map into it and I'll use that for the editor. I'll use the province-less version for the actual game.

This all means that the province map and background maps can be anywhere between 15000x10000 and 3500x2500, with the only difference being a drop in detail (if it's lower) or a drop in performance (if it's higher). For comparison, the current in-game background map is smaller than 2000x1000, and it doesn't seem to be a problem.

well. about provinces, i recommend you doing the background for the editor basing on the maps found in omniatlas.com. It is a project about doing super-realistic maps of the world. Europe maps start in 1815 so there are no maps about the middle ages, you will have to take them from other sources, but it has the best maps about WWI and WWII. Specially don't use Geacron, it was made for political reasons.

In omniatlas there are europe maps about the roman empire with their provinces. Currently work in progress.

If names in the map bothers you zoom in with the ctrl+scroll

Edited by Ànex i Rux