Age of History 3

Suzema

Age of Elder Scrolls

6 minutes ago, Suzema said:

Working on something + thinking about events... 

In lore, most of Yokuda was destroyed and sank into the ocean in 1E 792 because of some civil war between particularly powerful warriors (a group of Ansei called the Hiradirge). Does the shown area represent that sunken part of the continent?

8 hours ago, Valixor said:

In lore, most of Yokuda was destroyed and sank into the ocean in 1E 792 because of some civil war between particularly powerful warriors (a group of Ansei called the Hiradirge). Does the shown area represent that sunken part of the continent?

You almost right, this is Yokuda, but I kinda replaced the lore with my headcanon, as I did in almost all parts of mod. In my headcanon, Yokuda wasn't sunken, but almost all of yokudans (redguard ancestors) was banished from Yokuda by sinistral elves, I will elaborate that later

On 12/1/2021 at 9:31 PM, Suzema said:

You almost right, this is Yokuda, but I kinda replaced the lore with my headcanon, as I did in almost all parts of mod. In my headcanon, Yokuda wasn't sunken, but almost all of yokudans (redguard ancestors) was banished from Yokuda by sinistral elves, I will elaborate that later

Hi, I love the ideas of head cannon that you implemented into the game, and it easily moved my head from Tamriel to explore more. However I wanted to ask, what is your personal lore about Abyssia? By playing the mod, I can see it has cultures that appear lost to time and given a second chance to become something great, and it fascinates me the head cannon lore you created for the continent.

On 12/8/2021 at 10:17 PM, Nomad14 said:

Hi, I love the ideas of head cannon that you implemented into the game, and it easily moved my head from Tamriel to explore more. However I wanted to ask, what is your personal lore about Abyssia? By playing the mod, I can see it has cultures that appear lost to time and given a second chance to become something great, and it fascinates me the head cannon lore you created for the continent.

Well, Abyssia is a homeland of bird-mans (same ones, that lived in Rumare islands before Topal the Pilot came here).
These bird-mans lived in primitive tribes for ages, but then in 2E 563, Crimson Ship arrived to shores of Octava island.
In official lore this ship vanished into the Abecean Sea, after it was chased away from all Tamriel ports. In "Pirates of the Abecean" book it said, that some pirates find that ship full of dead Kothringi.
Well, I change this at my headcanon. "Pirates of Abecean" is just a legend, thats not true, Crimson Ship did sailed away to Abecean Sea and arrived to Abyssia, where Kothringi started to settle up, confronted by common bird-man tribe and some Sekhimers, that also start to expand their territory (elves, that splitted from Aldmers along with Altmers and Maormers, living in Fyrradh archipelago. Also, they are ancestors of Yokumers, but it's a different story).
This constant war conflicts between Kothringi, Sekhimers and bird-mans increase weapon and armor development in all of three races.
Bird-man tribes start to unify and create proto-countries, Kothringi increase their population in geometrical progression, Sekhimers starts to fortify their own homeland.
In start of Third Era, Kothringi pushed away Sekhimers and bird-mans from Octava islands and start campaign to conquer Fyrradh and Tipinu. 
They semi-conquered Fyrradh, made some colonies on east and made elves to their vassals. 
In the same time, Maormers started a campaign to banish lizard-bulls people from Pyandonea. It was successfull, and those lizard-bulls migrated into eastern Tipinu.
They didn't face much of resistance from bird-mans and they establish their own country Thur-Sai.
Being supressed from all sides by different conquerors, bird-mans start to increase their weaponry and population, to save their independence.
Also they start to unify under one banner, tribe of Lothinar was the initiator.
So, to the start of Fourth Era, country of Tipinu was established, Lizard-bulls controlled the east of Tipinu archipelago, Kothringi controlled the north, Sekhimers unified into one country and start a rebellion against Kothringis, gaining their independence.
Abyssia is the islands, where two native races and two intruders in constant conflict with each other, and that conflict force them to progress.

I hope I explained everything well, if you have questions, ask, I will try my best to answer

Edited by Suzema

Also answering this question in advance, how did enough Kothringi survived this trip to revive entire nation, didn't they have a Knahaten Flu?

Well, this ship was big enough to place more than 500 of Kothringi, and yes, they did have this flu. But the thing is, Knahaten Flu is a decease, and in Elder Scrolls there is a daedric lord of that, Peryite . 

While they sailed into Abecean Sea, they're start to pray to Peryite and he made a deal with Kothringi, that they will always obey and pray to him in exchange for cure of Knahaten Flu. Peryite didn't "cure" them, but gived them immunity, they become symptomless decease carriers, and they use it to they advantage in wars, because other races didn't have immune to that flu. That's how they're survived and that's why they have dragon in their flag (Peryite is most often depicted as dragon). 

Edited by Suzema

(This text is a headcanon and only relates to the lore of the modification)
Yokuda. A land of rugged deserts, high mountains and tropical coasts.

The Redguards, one of the human races of Tamriel, regard Yokuda as their homeland. However, certain circumstances occurred that forced them to leave their native land and arrive in Tamriel.
Legend has it that as a result of the civil war in Elden Yokeda (the empire of the Yokudan people), which was accompanied by a war with the empire of the left-handed elves (Yokumer), the Yokuda continent was destroyed and flooded, and the archipelago west of Tamriel is the remnants of their legendary homeland.
The reality is very different from the legend. Indeed, the civil war and the war with the elves took place and it was they who caused the mass migration of the Yokudan to the east. However, the continent was not destroyed. He came under the complete control of the Yokumeri empire. It is not known what caused the legend that Yokuda sank. Probably the ancestors of the Redguards thus tried to discourage their descendants from searching for their true homeland and from attempts to return it. It is possible that the horrors of that war led them to believe that their land was cursed and that they no longer had a place there.
However, the Yokudans did not completely disappear from Yokuda. Among them there were many people who were ready to cooperate with the elves. These people became the founders of the so-called "mountain emirates" - vassal countries of the Yokumer Empire, located in various mountain ranges in the north of Yokuda. A short time later, from a historical point of view, the first dynasty of the empire collapsed as a result of the war of succession, the outcome of which was the rise of a new dynasty, which was never able to fully unite the continent, as their predecessors did. In addition, no subsequent states were able to do it again, and the Yokudan people more than once raised revolts against the elves.

In addition to the Yokumers and Yokudans, Orcs also live in Yokuda. Their fortresses are located along the western ridges. Throughout history, some of them, with the support of external forces, managed to create small kingdoms from their fortresses, and some were much less fortunate.

The existence of this continent remains unknown to the inhabitants of Tamriel and all other continents. Likewise, the inhabitants of Yokuda know very little about the existence of other lands.

hpWW4nty9ZA.jpg?size=794x1059&quality=96&sign=c99db00c6df0f557dfa6cea81cfcd043&type=album

Друг, отличный мод, однако никак не удается воспользоваться им, все делаю по инструкции, 2 шага, распаковал НЕ в папку с игрой, открыл файл JAR при помощи Java, и просто ничего не происходит (Файл JAR имеет иконку пустого листа, однако JAVA установлена) обновил JAVA, затем переустановил JAVA, меж этим перезагружал пк, результат тот же, удалял и снова распаковывал файлы, все что только можно придумать пробовал, подскажите может кто сталкивался

Friend, an excellent mod, but I can't use it in any way, I do everything according to the instructions, 2 steps, I unpacked it NOT into the game folder, opened the JAR file using Java, and just nothing happens (The JAR file has an empty sheet icon, but JAVA is installed ) updated JAVA, then reinstalled JAVA, in the meantime I rebooted the PC, the result is the same, I deleted and re-unpacked the files, I tried everything I could think of, can anyone tell me

Снимок экрана (373).png

Edited by Blvck_v
Добавление информации

46 minutes ago, Blvck_v said:

Друг, отличный мод, однако никак не удается воспользоваться им, все делаю по инструкции, 2 шага, распаковал НЕ в папку с игрой, открыл файл JAR при помощи Java, и просто ничего не происходит (Файл JAR имеет иконку пустого листа, однако JAVA установлена) обновил JAVA, затем переустановил JAVA, меж этим перезагружал пк, результат тот же, удалял и снова распаковывал файлы, все что только можно придумать пробовал, подскажите может кто сталкивался

Friend, an excellent mod, but I can't use it in any way, I do everything according to the instructions, 2 steps, I unpacked it NOT into the game folder, opened the JAR file using Java, and just nothing happens (The JAR file has an empty sheet icon, but JAVA is installed ) updated JAVA, then reinstalled JAVA, in the meantime I rebooted the PC, the result is the same, I deleted and re-unpacked the files, I tried everything I could think of, can anyone tell me

Снимок экрана (373).png

Попробуй ещё раз переустановить java, в окне установки найди и поставь галочку "ассоциировать .jar файлы с java", если не помогло, то попробуй это - как ассоциировать .jar с java

Ребят, столкнулся с проблемой запуска JAR файла после распаковки архива, с учетом наличия корректной версии JAVA, нашел решение, уместность и корректность которого, вероятно смогут прокомментировать знающие люди, так или иначе данный способ позволил мне запустить игру.

1. Откройте блокнот

2. Пропишите в нем команду java -jar AoES.jar

3. Сохраните блокнот в формате bat в папку с модификацией как показано на скриншоте (Если нет возможности редактировать формат файла после точки используйте Google, там простые манипуляции, алгоритм которых я не вспомню)

4. После сохранения в папке модификации появится соответствующий файл, кликните дважды по нему

Снимок экрана (373).png

Снимок экрана (375).png

Снимок экрана (376).png

Снимок экрана (378).png

Снимок экрана (379).png

New update for Age of Elder Scrolls - 2.4

List of updates:
New continent on main map - Yokuda;
Continent Lyg now more elaborated on scenarios;
+36 form.civs
+1 new scenario and 2 removed (local scenarios of Oblivion Crysis and Dagoth Ur)
Scenario "Dagoth Ur (3E 427) now remaded into "The End of Third Era (3E 425) and have 7 events for Cyrodiil (in future updates amount of events will increase)
+88 new civs
+3 new landscapes
+50 national bonuses, added a short description for all of them
+Small fixes and changes in all mod aspects
+Code changes like in Bloody Europe II ver.1.1.8

You can download new update at first page of this topic

Hello guys! The mod doesn't launch for me, it crashes immediately on startup.

I have jre1.8.0_311 and try to start the mod with AoES.jar. The mod was unpacked to the empty separate folder all according to the instructions

3 minutes ago, Lanjane said:

Hello guys! The mod doesn't launch for me, it crashes immediately on startup.

I have jre1.8.0_311 and try to start the mod with AoES.jar. The mod was unpacked to the empty separate folder all according to the instructions

Did you download recent version of mod? Does AoES.jar have java icon?

Just now, Suzema said:

Did you download recent version of mod? Does AoES.jar have java icon?

Yes, it's the most recent version from Yandex.Disk and AoES.jar has java icon.

I created the bat file and added the "pause" command to bat to see what happens. Here's what shows in the log:

C:\Games\Age of Elder Scrolls>java -jar AoES.jar
Cp1251
Exception in thread "LWJGL Application" com.badlogic.gdx.utils.GdxRuntimeException: Couldn't load file: UI/XH/buttons/menu.png
        at com.badlogic.gdx.graphics.Pixmap.<init>(Pixmap.java:147)
        at com.badlogic.gdx.graphics.TextureData$Factory.loadFromFile(TextureData.java:98)
        at com.badlogic.gdx.graphics.Texture.<init>(Texture.java:100)
        at age.of.civilizations2.jakowski.lukasz.ImageManager.addImage(Unknown Source)
        at age.of.civilizations2.jakowski.lukasz.AoCGame.create(Unknown Source)
        at com.badlogic.gdx.backends.lwjgl.LwjglApplication.mainLoop(LwjglApplication.java:149)
        at com.badlogic.gdx.backends.lwjgl.LwjglApplication$1.run(LwjglApplication.java:126)
Caused by: com.badlogic.gdx.utils.GdxRuntimeException: File not found: UI\XH\buttons\menu.png (Internal)
        at com.badlogic.gdx.files.FileHandle.read(FileHandle.java:136)
        at com.badlogic.gdx.files.FileHandle.readBytes(FileHandle.java:222)
        at com.badlogic.gdx.graphics.Pixmap.<init>(Pixmap.java:144)
        ... 8 more

2 minutes ago, Lanjane said:

Yes, it's the most recent version from Yandex.Disk and AoES.jar has java icon.

I created the bat file and added the "pause" command to bat to see what happens. Here's what shows in the log:

C:\Games\Age of Elder Scrolls>java -jar AoES.jar
Cp1251
Exception in thread "LWJGL Application" com.badlogic.gdx.utils.GdxRuntimeException: Couldn't load file: UI/XH/buttons/menu.png
        at com.badlogic.gdx.graphics.Pixmap.<init>(Pixmap.java:147)
        at com.badlogic.gdx.graphics.TextureData$Factory.loadFromFile(TextureData.java:98)
        at com.badlogic.gdx.graphics.Texture.<init>(Texture.java:100)
        at age.of.civilizations2.jakowski.lukasz.AoCGame.create(Unknown Source)
        at com.badlogic.gdx.backends.lwjgl.LwjglApplication.mainLoop(LwjglApplication.java:149)
        at com.badlogic.gdx.backends.lwjgl.LwjglApplication$1.run(LwjglApplication.java:126)
Caused by: com.badlogic.gdx.utils.GdxRuntimeException: File not found: UI\XH\buttons\menu.png (Internal)
        at com.badlogic.gdx.files.FileHandle.read(FileHandle.java:136)
        at com.badlogic.gdx.files.FileHandle.readBytes(FileHandle.java:222)
        at com.badlogic.gdx.graphics.Pixmap.<init>(Pixmap.java:144)
        ... 8 more

Probarly the mod didn't downloaded entirely, maybe because of internet problems, try to put this file into Age of Elder Scrolls/UI/XH/buttons, if problem stays, try to delete mod from your PC and download it again from different link

menu.png

I cannot wait to play the update when my new pc gets here. My old one died. By the way, mods are possibly the sole reason why i love this game, thank you!

Edited by Nomad14

On 9/27/2021 at 4:23 AM, Suzema said:

This is a bug for 4 and lower core processors for Android, I don't know how to fix it 

it's caused by bloody europe code, the way it's implemented on other mods broke it, but on bloody europe itself the black screen doesn't happen.

3 hours ago, Yahudi said:

it's caused by bloody europe code, the way it's implemented on other mods broke it, but on bloody europe itself the black screen doesn't happen.

It has nothing to do with BE code, this bug was even on first versions of this mod with old map, when there was no code changes at all

My theory is that background resolution can't be too much bigger than size of original Earth background, and also it probarly has to deal with weight of map, weight by itself is not cause, but maybe is an influencing factor 

I'm gonna do some research on that in a week or so

Edited by Suzema