Age of History Games
Reich

Norrvägen | Age of Civilizations 2

Work on governments. 

Here are the forms of government:

● The monarchy was divided into two forms of government: Absolute and Constitutional. I think there’s nothing special to be said.
● Chiefdom is the main ideology for the countries of the "ancient" eras. In fact, it is a collective image of various jarliness and small tribal unions.
● Tanistri is a form of government for the Irish and Scottish clans, of which there are a great many in some scenarios.
● Alting is a unique form of government for Iceland. Alting is one of the oldest parliaments in the world: at first, the word Alting meant the popular gatherings of the first Icelandic settlers, at which various issues were resolved and further plans of the communities were discussed. Now the Parliament of modern Iceland is called Alting.
● Theocracy is a form of government based on religious principles. It will be a unique form of government for the Teutonic Order, etc.

So far, these are all forms of governments that we have added at this moment. It is worth noting that the default governments were not left aside and were rebalanced. What you see in the screenshots below is not the final form of the characteristics of governments, everything will gradually be adjusted.

If you have any thoughts about the forms of government that can be added to the mod on logical and historical grounds, then be sure to write to us in the comments.

W.I.P

OopLQ_7ZDeE.jpg

yh-lgHsbipo.jpg

dVzynaELmOE.jpg

10V5uJrCE3A.jpg

yAr5DnTk0U8.jpg

Work on events has begun.
I will tell you right away that I do not copy CK2. From crusaders, I will only take pictures of events (they are too beautiful), and the events themselves will be based on real historical events and characters.

Snimok_ekrana_4482.png?extra=Yl4BmrXPUSw

Edited by Reich

The release of the mod is postponed to the fall due to a large amount of unfinished work. I want you to play the finished product, not the stump. It's easier to finish than to make excuses.

Thanks everybody for support!

Great attention is paid to the leaders in Norrvägen.
I decided that the portraits of the leaders should depict people, and not, as is often indicated in other sources, features drawn as if by a five-year-old child.

For example, below are examples of several works. The first image is the "evolution" of the portrait of the leader, Harald Fairhair, the first king of all Norway. Most often, including AoC II, its image is represented by what you see on the left. This did not suit me, but I remembered that somewhere in Norway there was a monument to this character. I found a photo of the monument on the Internet (in the middle of the image in the post) and with the help of graphic editors I processed it, coloring the portrait and giving Harald a more natural look in the art style. The result is what we see on the right.

I also created a portrait of the father of King Harald the Fair-haired - Halfdan the Black (both of them have a nickname due to the appearance of their hair). The progress of the work and the result can be seen in down of post.

work in fremgang!

9-DPwfATaMA.jpg

Rmxzy24KvMo.jpg

1 hour ago, Reich said:

Great attention is paid to the leaders in Norrvägen.
I decided that the portraits of the leaders should depict people, and not, as is often indicated in other sources, features drawn as if by a five-year-old child.

For example, below are examples of several works. The first image is the "evolution" of the portrait of the leader, Harald Fairhair, the first king of all Norway. Most often, including AoC II, its image is represented by what you see on the left. This did not suit me, but I remembered that somewhere in Norway there was a monument to this character. I found a photo of the monument on the Internet (in the middle of the image in the post) and with the help of graphic editors I processed it, coloring the portrait and giving Harald a more natural look in the art style. The result is what we see on the right.

I also created a portrait of the father of King Harald the Fair-haired - Halfdan the Black (both of them have a nickname due to the appearance of their hair). The progress of the work and the result can be seen in down of post.

work in fremgang!

9-DPwfATaMA.jpg

Rmxzy24KvMo.jpg

AWESOME

gonna play this for sure *even tho I am not Nordic*

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Chairman Baad
      If you've seen or created an event before, you'd understand the various issues behind the event text. Why can I only see part of the text in the event creator? Why did the description I just wrote get deleted when I added a trigger? Why are all the events in a different language? For many mods, these issues are common in scenarios with events. Luckily, there's a better way to display event text: event localization! Inspired by the system in Hearts of Iron IV, and originally demonstrated in The Chairman Baad Collection (rest in lack of content and peace) before being used in Norrvägen and The Second Great War, event localization alleviates all of the issues present with the standard way of event writing.
      So how do you use event localization?
      Event localization is a process that's simple for even a first-time modder.
      Go into your AoH2 directory, go to game/languages/, and open Bundle.properties. (the English language file for AoH2) Write your event's title, description (if you plan to add one), and outcomes under a tag for each piece of text. Be careful not to use the same tag for more than one event.
      Here's an example with the Turkish defensive pact event from TCBC. In this example, _t corresponds to _title, _d is for _description, and _o1 and _o2 are for _outcome1 and _outcome2 respectively. Replace each tag and description with your own, and make sure to save your changes! tur_azeripactexp_t = Defensive Pact with Azerbaijan Expiring tur_azeripactexp_d = Our agreement for mutual security with Azerbaijan is set to expire on the 16th of August. However, we have the option to renew the agreement and extend it until 2030. The only catch: both parties must agree to a renewal. What should we do? tur_azeripactexp_o1 = Appeal for a renewal. tur_azeripactexp_o2 = Let it expire.        3. In the AoH2 event creator, instead of writing your event text like you normally would, write the tags corresponding to the ones you added in
                 Bundle.properties.
      And that's it! You've just set up an event using event localization! During gameplay, if your event pops up and you see the event tags instead of your text, go into the settings and reselect your game language. This reloads the Bundle files so that your text will appear the next time you see the event.
      Now how does this solve the issues with normal event text?
      Let's go over that, shall we?
      Why can I only see part of the text in the event creator? By writing your event text in Bundle.properties, you are relieving yourself of this issue by using a text editor instead of the event creator. Unlike the event creator which doesn't let you scroll through your text, a text editor will let you see your text in full, allowing for longer descriptions and clear writing.
      Why did the description I just wrote get deleted when I added a trigger? It is frustrating to spend a few minutes writing an event description only to lose it upon adding a new trigger. But with event localization, you don't have to spend another few minutes retyping your description from the beginning. The next time you lose your description, you can simply retype the description's tag rather than the description itself, saving you some precious time in the event creator.
      Why are all the events in a different language? Ah yes, the classic "events only support one language" issue. This is probably the biggest advantage of using event localization: events can support multiple languages! Let's say that you want your event to support Turkish and English. By writing your English event text in Bundle.properties and your Turkish text in Bundle_tr.properties, players will see the event text in the correct language whether they're playing in English or Turkish. No more confusion or duplicate scenarios for each language!
      Now that you know the steps and advantages of using event localization, I hope you consider using it the next time you add events to a mod or scenario!
    • By CrisC123z
      The map is in process, It starts from 500 BC to the modern age of 2021 but I have only finished it until 300 BC
      If you want to support me in this Map write me
      if you want to play it
      Game speed to minimum
      aggressiveness of the game to a minimum
      and choose Greece or Macedonia
      If you use this Map on video or publish it elsewhere, please leave credits.
      The scenario is in Spanish, if you want to translate please write to me

1618790538190ljqsoelc.rar
    • By ivr17
      Developement progress: vse normalno
      Addon - is a mod that develops the idea of original game many times, without changing its basic principle.
      FEATURES:
      ~60 new detalized historical scenarios for each period of human statehood; Sattelite map to choose from; A huge number of new formable states; A large number of new provinces (Including Antarctica); Many new cities; Over 1000 new states; 7 new harmoniously fitting types of goverments; New aesthetic fonts; Russian and English language support; Events; Other stuff. More news and information in our group
      Full release is planned in first half of 2021 year

• By Italian PeC
      The grandest project in age of history 2's history yet. 
      This mod, made from the maker of "The Second Great War" will revolutionize and forever change the way you play age of History 2, by making the game into an entirely new experience, more difficult yet more interesting.
      The mod will focus on the concept of Empire in the modern era's terms, like colonial empires and expansionist states, as well as a new and more in depth look into your country and what events happened to it between the eras.
      The mod will add over 30 new scenarios, hundreds of new countries, alternate histories, real histories and much more.
      THE MAIN FOCUS:
      The main starting date is in 1815, just after the Congress of Vienna. This mod introduces objectives which your nation will need to complete to gain bonuses and the upper hand on other countries of the era, through the new ideology-based system of "industrialization". Following 5 ideologies, the development level of your country will go from uncivilized, to civilized, to non-industrialized (where European and colonial nations start as) , to partially industrialized, and finally industrialized. These ideologies will allow for greater growth and bigger armies as you upgrade them, bringing to armies on the hundreds of thousands being a normality in AOI (Age of Imperialism)'s battles.

Aggressiveness has also been reworked, with the minimum now being 0% , which is highly suggested for scenarios with events.

Among other things, AOI will include:
      - a new exclusive map created by the fusion of all terrain maps from the popular game Victoria II👑
      - over 200 new provinces to make borders look better and create better "greater countries"⚔️
      - 30 new scenarios 💥
      - 5 scenarios of the 30 will include events ( for example the highly anticipated realistic world war 1 scenario, and the world war 2 scenario coming straight from The Second Great War mod, so you will be able to delete that mod since this one will include it in it's entirety)⚜️
      -1 completely new "CONGRESS OF VIENNA" scenario with objectives, revolutions, industrialization mechanics, new colonial mechanics , historical and alternate history events and much more.⚙️
      - A completely new UI✅
      - new music🎶
      This project is being worked on by a small modding team (Starfruit, Greenlion, James, stefan ecc...) headed by Italian P&C, so the progress, although slow, will keep going forward. It is my intention to release the mod this summer, as soon as it is finished.
      The only thing asked in exchange for the working on this mod is that you subscribe to the mod's creator on Youtube, Italian P&C: https://youtube.com/channel/UCD-hWGkNIC8PaEEcA2bnV5g

• By Ilovepatatos
      I'm trying to create a 1900 scenario with events until the modern day if someone can help with tips u can do it 
      Discord link https://discord.gg/hBT6CnTe
  • Popular Now

• Our picks

• Tell a friend

Love Age of History Games? Tell a friend!