Age of History Games

I might consider releasing this mod in "builds", starting with the current version I have being Alpha Build 1. Then the version after that is Build 2, and then comes 3, 4, and so on.

The only problem with doing builds is that Android players would have to constantly redownload the mod just so that they'll always have the latest build. For PC players, I can just release the updated content by itself and have them patch their game. Piece of cake.

So if I do decide to start doing builds instead of a closed alpha/beta release, I'll most likely make them PC-only. Android players shouldn't have to struggle with always staying up-to-date. Unless they know how to properly modify the game files.

And I'd have to remove every reference to the actual mod name...

When do you plan to get a Release date for this mod or just the beta. (By the way idk if beta comes after alpha or alpha comes after Beta.)

Edited by Falloutrim

I'm most likely going to require Android players to get permission to download the mod. This is because with Android, I have no choice but to send the mod as an extracted AoC2 app. This could get me into hot water with Łukasz, since it's basically like illegally distributing AoC2 for free.

So I'll have to make them show proof that they bought AoC2 on Google Play before I let them download the mod. At least I'll know that they legally own the game this mod is for. 

Right. I think the closed alpha poll's gone on long enough, so I'll end it there. We got 44 yes votes and 14 no votes. So I'll start picking people on my Discord for the closed alpha tomorrow, if not now.

Edited by Chairman Baad

Here's what you can expect with the Project Imperator open alpha (compared to the closed alpha):
• Bug fixes for China
• New decisions for France and Brazil
• A brand new "nighttime" map background
• Updates until the main story goes past 2030

Looking at maps on the internet is just giving me more and more ideas for bonus scenarios... But there's no way that I'd have the time to write stories for all of them. 😐

On 6/9/2020 at 7:21 AM, Chairman Baad said:

Also no more Abyssinia forming in every single playthrough. Ethiopia has to work for that now.

If you use addon+ then that's not really an issue. 

• Similar Content

• By Chairman Baad
      If you've seen or created an event before, you'd understand the various issues behind the event text. Why can I only see part of the text in the event creator? Why did the description I just wrote get deleted when I added a trigger? Why are all the events in a different language? For many mods, these issues are common in scenarios with events. Luckily, there's a better way to display event text: event localization! Inspired by the system in Hearts of Iron IV, and originally demonstrated in The Chairman Baad Collection (rest in lack of content and peace) before being used in Norrvägen and The Second Great War, event localization alleviates all of the issues present with the standard way of event writing.
      So how do you use event localization?
      Event localization is a process that's simple for even a first-time modder.
      Go into your AoH2 directory, go to game/languages/, and open Bundle.properties. (the English language file for AoH2) Write your event's title, description (if you plan to add one), and outcomes under a tag for each piece of text. Be careful not to use the same tag for more than one event.
      Here's an example with the Turkish defensive pact event from TCBC. In this example, _t corresponds to _title, _d is for _description, and _o1 and _o2 are for _outcome1 and _outcome2 respectively. Replace each tag and description with your own, and make sure to save your changes! tur_azeripactexp_t = Defensive Pact with Azerbaijan Expiring tur_azeripactexp_d = Our agreement for mutual security with Azerbaijan is set to expire on the 16th of August. However, we have the option to renew the agreement and extend it until 2030. The only catch: both parties must agree to a renewal. What should we do? tur_azeripactexp_o1 = Appeal for a renewal. tur_azeripactexp_o2 = Let it expire.        3. In the AoH2 event creator, instead of writing your event text like you normally would, write the tags corresponding to the ones you added in
                 Bundle.properties.
      And that's it! You've just set up an event using event localization! During gameplay, if your event pops up and you see the event tags instead of your text, go into the settings and reselect your game language. This reloads the Bundle files so that your text will appear the next time you see the event.
      Now how does this solve the issues with normal event text?
      Let's go over that, shall we?
      Why can I only see part of the text in the event creator? By writing your event text in Bundle.properties, you are relieving yourself of this issue by using a text editor instead of the event creator. Unlike the event creator which doesn't let you scroll through your text, a text editor will let you see your text in full, allowing for longer descriptions and clear writing.
      Why did the description I just wrote get deleted when I added a trigger? It is frustrating to spend a few minutes writing an event description only to lose it upon adding a new trigger. But with event localization, you don't have to spend another few minutes retyping your description from the beginning. The next time you lose your description, you can simply retype the description's tag rather than the description itself, saving you some precious time in the event creator.
      Why are all the events in a different language? Ah yes, the classic "events only support one language" issue. This is probably the biggest advantage of using event localization: events can support multiple languages! Let's say that you want your event to support Turkish and English. By writing your English event text in Bundle.properties and your Turkish text in Bundle_tr.properties, players will see the event text in the correct language whether they're playing in English or Turkish. No more confusion or duplicate scenarios for each language!
      Now that you know the steps and advantages of using event localization, I hope you consider using it the next time you add events to a mod or scenario!
    • By Chairman Baad
      This mod is dead.

This was my personal AoH2 mod featuring all of my previous scenarios and custom civs, and then some. This mod started off small and then grew with updates and patches.
      TCBC included:
      36 new scenarios (including the sub-mod Uchronia Deluxe, 7 scenarios for the AoH1 map, and 1 for the Europe map) 101 new provinces for the main map 37 government types (including vanilla gov types) 134 new civilizations, 49 new formables, and 16 new unions 211 new leaders New scripted action mechanic (available in 2020 and Sovereign scenarios) Nighttime map background (PC only) 0% AI aggressiveness feature (Android only) New sounds, cities, alliance names, flag overlays, and ribbon bars 4 different fonts (English only) Enhanced localization for several different languages Miscellaneous improvements, fixes, and enhancements This mod was localized for U.S. English, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Turkish, Romanian, and Serbo-Croat-Bosnian. You can see the translators below.
      All download links for this mod have been taken down.
      Final public version: 1.3.0b / 29 March 2021
      The Chairman Baad Collective (forum club)
      Full Credits List:
      @Chairman Baad (developer and designer)
      Wikimedia Commons (icons and event pictures)
      Lukasz Jakowski, Chexier, King George, and Mavroslykos (all content from vanilla AoH2)
      @LightStarSkies (Spanish localization)
      @Spartanus (Brazilian Portuguese localization)
      @Adil (Russian localization)
      @Ern and Vaux (Turkish localization)
      @setapdede (Romanian localization)
      @Commieslav (Serbo-Croat-Bosnian localization)
      Screenshots

• By Ilovepatatos
      I'm trying to create a 1900 scenario with events until the modern day if someone can help with tips u can do it 
      Discord link https://discord.gg/hBT6CnTe
    • By Chairman Baad
      Download: HoI4-Colors.zip
      Usage: Place the extracted folder in <AoH2 directory>\game\pallets_of_civs_colors and then write HoI4-Colors; in the Age_of_Civilizations file.
    • By Keshav123
      I have been working on Indian Map of 2020 , It will contain festivals/events and every state's governor and every states relations with other ones , some of the districts have been added to India frictionally by me only . Note the map is not 100% correct / accurate . 
      NOTE -  90% of all the flags are frictional . 

Edit - The files are lost , you should use this map made by me - 
      Because this id was lost by mistake so I made another id and made the map again .

• Popular Now

• Our picks

• Tell a friend

Love Age of History Games? Tell a friend!