Age of History Games
Chairman Baad

❌ MOD DEAD (DEVELOPER ALSO DEAD) ❌

Posted (edited)

Time to check the survey results! Here we go.

• In terms of HoI4-based scenarios, 44.44% of players enjoy them since they get to play their favorite despite being unable to run HoI4, or simply not owning the game. A further 27.78% of players enjoy playing HoI4-based scenarios on Android. 11.11% of players enjoy HoI4-based scenarios for an entirely different reason, a further 11.11% of them don't like HoI4 scenarios, and the remaining 5.56% has no opinion on the matter.
  • People seem to really enjoy the "0% aggressiveness" feature that some Android mods provide. 66.67% of players enjoy playing with 0% aggressiveness, while only 22.22% of them dislike the feature. The remaining 11.11% simply do not care about whether or not a mod allows a non-aggressive AI.
  • And finally, I asked the players about their favorite part of this mod. 37.5% of players enjoy the gameplay and use of events, while a further 33.33% of players enjoy the unique scenarios. 12.5% of players enjoy the map modifications, a further 8.33% enjoy the civs and leaders, and the remaining 8.33% prefer a different feature.

So how have the survey results affected development?

• A ton of different HoI4 alternate history mods have been added to my dev board under "Planned but Unconfirmed PCD Scenarios".
  • The 0% aggressiveness feature will be tested on Android only.
  • The "favorite part of TCBC" question won't impact development, as it was just to get some opinions.

I would like to thank everyone who voted in the survey for giving me their thoughts and opinions! The AoH community really enjoys adding HoI4 scenarios to mods, and the 0% aggressiveness feature is being implemented more and more, so I felt that getting players' opinions on these would be a smart move. But anyway, thank you again for taking my survey! I'm off to develop stuff! Happy Conquering!

Edited by Chairman Baad

Posted (edited)

The Canada update is coming, BUT...

image.png.9719e8582d67a96b604ec5a7ebf43957.png

Due to a game-breaking error I encountered while setting up province connections, there are no new sea connections in the Arctic Archipelago (the collection of islands up north). What this means is that the only way to reach the new provinces in the archipelago will be through neighboring provinces that were modified and thus already had sea connections. This error cannot be fixed, so any requests to fix the connections will unfortunately have to be ignored.

Edited by Chairman Baad

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Chairman Baad said:

The Canada update is coming, BUT...We

image.png.9719e8582d67a96b604ec5a7ebf43957.png

Due to a game-breaking error I encountered while setting up province connections, there are no new sea connections in the Arctic Archipelago (the collection of islands up north). What this means is that the only way to reach the new provinces in the archipelago will be through neighboring provinces that were modified and thus already had sea connections. This error cannot be fixed, so any requests to fix the connections will unfortunately have to be ignored.

It is understandable since Lukasz does want to fix the game.

Edited by EPIC GAMER
Grammar error

Posted (edited)

New update is live: TCBC 1.3.0a 'Alive A Life' 

Major Additions

• Added the Canadian provinces and territories! There are a few missing sea connections in the Arctic Archipelago due to a game-breaking error I encountered while adding new connections. This error cannot be fixed.
  • 8 new provinces in the contiguous U.S.
  • 12 new formables and 11 new unions 

Minor Additions

• Merged the U.S., Brazil, and Australia scenarios together into one scenario named Regions of the World (scenario is a work in progress)
  • 1900 scenario
  • Scenario based on the board game Risk
  • New civs for the Canadian provinces and territories (with Canada itself as a formable)
  • A batch of new pop culture civs and leaders
  • 7 new ribbon bars
  • A helping of new loading messages
  • 2 new flag editor overlays 

Bug Fixes and Corrections

• Fixed the BF2 scenario not appearing (Android only fix)
  • Fixed a crash when scrolling to the bottom of the scenario menu (Android only fix)
  • Removed a rogue civ
  • Fixed the city of Yaoundé appearing twice
  • Fixed a bug with the Sovereign Union's action menu 

Scenario Fixes and Changes

• Corrected all U.S. state capitals (Regions of the World)
  • Corrected Albania's capital (Multiple Scenarios)
  • Fixed the cores in the Korean Peninsula (2020)
  • Added Israel-Palestine conflict decision w/ 4 paths (2020)
  • Added Turkey-Azerbaijan defensive pact w/ renewal events (2020)
  • Added Romanian-Moldovan union objective (Sovereign)
  • Added introduction event based on opening narration (Kamen Rider Build)
  • The Baltic reintegration objective no longer completes instantly; you now need to wait a while after boosting relations to +25 (Sovereign)
  • Set up cores in Northern Ireland, Kashmir, the Kuril Islands, the Hala'ib Triangle, and Palestine (2020)
  • Replaced the Greek nation in Henri Dron's Europe 

Other Changes

• Starting from 1.3.0a, Pop Culture Deluxe has been renamed to Uchronia Deluxe. The abbreviation was changed from PCD to UDX.
  • Redrew the Alaskan panhandle
  • Removed Mahatma Gandhi
  • Central African Empire defined for monarchist C.A.R.
  • Defined alternate governments for the TDPR
  • Rewrote a few loading messages
  • Replaced a few cities
  • AI aggressiveness now goes from 0% to 400% (Android only)

Just a fair warning to anyone who's going to try out the new decision: Please only take one path through the decision menu! You might break the whole scenario if you take two or more.

Edited by Chairman Baad

13 hours ago, Chairman Baad said:

New update is live: TCBC 1.3.0a 'Alive A Life' 

Major Additions

• Added the Canadian provinces and territories! 

You forgot to add the new provincies in the 2020 (Simple Mode) Scenario

Screenshot_2021-03-29-15-22-21-02_c25319c8a318542d409075a699d0cf7d.jpg

New update is live: TCBC 1.3.0b

Bug Fixes and Corrections

• Fixed a border error
  • British Columbia can now form Cascadia

Scenario Fixes and Changes

• Android only fix for 2020: Simple Mode
  • The German Empire AI isn't allowed to form the Weimar Republic anymore. Gott sei Dank! (1900)

Other Changes

• The mod has apparently become so unstable for Android that I had to add a stabilizer scenario just to get it to load. So there's that.
  • Edited the about page (Android only)

Looks like 1.3.0a wasn't actually ready for release. Oh well. Happy Conquering.

Posted (edited)

The nightmare continues for TCBC. The 1900 scenario is full of incorrect capitals, so here's the fixed version. I also overwrote the mod downloads with this new version.

1900.zip

I think this is a sign that I should take a break from mod development. And believe me, I really want to.

Edited by Chairman Baad

4 hours ago, Melons said:

When setting it up, it has an error message and stops.

Are you talking about the PC or Android version? If it's Android, try freeing up some storage space. If it's PC, I'll try recreating the installer later.

Posted (edited)

Hey, everyone! Because I feel generous, here's a list of scenarios I have planned for the next major update.

Scenarios planned for the next major update:

• The Legacy of Bob Semple: An alt-hist scenario where the Bob Semple tank helps the Allies win WW2 much faster. Wait, what do you mean this timeline has ASB? What are you talking about? Bob Semple was a great man with a great invention! His tank on the Pacific Front would have won it all!
  • Kaixareich: What if Masato Kusaka, Kamen Rider Kaixa, won WW1?
  • The Fegel-reich: What if Hermann Fegelein took over Nazi Germany with the power of antics?
  • Remember Henri Dron's Europe? Well now I have a new prediction scenario: Forever the Jamahiriya Stands, based on a forecast of the year 2055 by the great visionary Muhammad Abu Minyar.
  • A few new war scenarios to continue the tradition of silly wars being made into scenarios: Kettle War, Pig War, War of the BucketThree Hundred and Thirty Five Years' War
  • Conquerors port for Sovereign with သုည events

Future UDX scenarios:

• Among Us: Impostor Invasion
  • Planet of the Apes
  • Animaniacs (Yakko's World)
  • The Land Before Time
  • Dune II: The Building of a Dynasty

Future historical scenarios:

• 1237: Wait For It... The Mongols
  • -75,000,000: Xenu's Arrival
  • 0 BBY: The Galactic Civil War
  • 0079 U.C.: The One Year War
  • April 1, 2021: The day Chairman Baad "leaked" a ton of scenarios. 😉

One scenario is real by the way. I'll let you guess which one.

Edited by Chairman Baad

8 hours ago, Chairman Baad said:

Hey, everyone! Because I feel generous, here's a list of scenarios I have planned for the next major update.

Scenarios planned for the next major update:

• The Legacy of Bob Semple: An alt-hist scenario where the Bob Semple tank helps the Allies win WW2 much faster. Wait, what do you mean this timeline has ASB? What are you talking about? Bob Semple was a great man with a great invention! His tank on the Pacific Front would have won it all!
  • Kaixareich: What if Masato Kusaka, Kamen Rider Kaixa, won WW1?
  • The Fegel-reich: What if Hermann Fegelein took over Nazi Germany with the power of antics?
  • Remember Henri Dron's Europe? Well now I have a new prediction scenario: Forever the Jamahiriya Stands, based on a forecast of the year 2055 by the great visionary Muhammad Abu Minyar.
  • A few new war scenarios to continue the tradition of silly wars being made into scenarios: Kettle War, Pig War, War of the BucketThree Hundred and Thirty Five Years' War
  • Conquerors port for Sovereign with သုည events

Future UDX scenarios:

• Among Us: Impostor Invasion
  • Planet of the Apes
  • Animaniacs (Yakko's World)
  • The Land Before Time
  • Dune II: The Building of a Dynasty

Future historical scenarios:

• 1237: Wait For It... The Mongols
  • -75,000,000: Xenu's Arrival
  • 0 BBY: The Galactic Civil War
  • 0079 U.C.: The One Year War
  • April 1, 2021: The day Chairman Baad "leaked" a ton of scenarios. 😉

One scenario is real by the way. I'll let you guess which one.

Probably Among Us.