Age of History Games
Chairman Baad

😇 IS THERE HOPE? 😇

2 hours ago, Chairman Baad said:

I might delete all the leaders from the mod if "no leaders" gets picked. We all know how inaccurate a leader can be in AoH.

1:6.... Will u add realistic leaders in future?

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, idiot said:

1:6.... Will u add realistic leaders in future?

Change your ideology or form a civ or union and the leader becomes unrealistic. There's no point. :P

Edited by Chairman Baad

Hello, everyone. I have a statement regarding the future of TCBC, so I'm just gonna cut to the chase.

This mod is now in private development.

What does this mean? It essentially means that there will be no more public updates for the mod. The current release will continue to be downloadable, and any necessary fixes or corrections will be delivered through patches, but no new content will be released at all. Not even in private messages for my closest friends.

Of course, the translators are more than happy to continue their work on their own. I've created a separate thread for people to post their own translations of the mod, so a localization sheet is no longer needed.

Why was this done?

This was a decision that I had been contemplating ever since the year 2021 started. I know how some people in the AoH community can be a bit impatient with updates, constantly nagging mod developers for things like release dates and stuff. There probably isn't a single mod developer in this forum who likes having people scream UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE in their face. You hate to see it, but it happens. Don't believe me? Look what happened with Lukasz.

But developers can't just make an update appear out of thin air. They need time to add each new feature, each new scenario... And they need to be able to work without any concern, as nothing good comes from a stressed developer. But for me, time is hard to come by. I want to be able to work at my own pace and not have to worry about people breathing down my neck and tapping their feet on the ground. And unfortunately, the only way to do that is by just cutting everyone off from the mod.

Also, I seem to be in agreement with the majority of surveyed players when I say that TCBC is lacking in content. If you were to compare TCBC with a mod like Conquerors, you'd find that the amount of things like new scenarios and formables in TCBC are disappointingly low. And with so many people coming in with new and exciting mods to play, I feel like we've come to a point where TCBC will no longer be able to satisfy the playerbase. If what you're doing doesn't make people happy, what's the point in even doing it? At this point, the only person that TCBC makes happy is me. So I'm taking this mod back and keeping it for myself, like I should have done all those months ago.

What happens now?

Nothing. That's it. The mod's dead. @Lakhal isn't getting a C&C Generals scenario. @Friedrich Wilhelm isn't getting a Kaiserreich scenario. @RapidestJarl635 isn't getting a province in the Delmarva Peninsula. Nobody is getting a revival of Project Imperator. I'll probably keep updating the mod FOR MYSELF AND AT MY OWN PACE, but for all of you, the party's over.

What about that "brand new mod project"? And the new alternate world scenario? And Regions of the World?! AND THE APRIL FOOLS' SCENARIO LIST?!?!

Shhhhhhhh. It's OK. Just give me your sad reaction and get some rest. You'll need it.

11 minutes ago, Chairman Baad said:

Hello, everyone. I have a statement regarding the future of TCBC, so I'm just gonna cut to the chase.

What does this mean? It essentially means that there will be no more public updates for the mod. The current release will continue to be downloadable, and any necessary fixes or corrections will be delivered through patches, but no new content will be released at all. Not even in private messages for my closest friends.

Of course, the translators are more than happy to continue their work on their own. I've created a separate thread for people to post their own translations of the mod, so a localization sheet is no longer needed.

Why was this done?

This was a decision that I had been contemplating ever since the year 2021 started. I know how some people in the AoH community can be a bit impatient with updates, constantly nagging mod developers for things like release dates and stuff. There probably isn't a single mod developer in this forum who likes having people scream UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE in their face. You hate to see it, but it happens. Don't believe me? Look what happened with Lukasz.

But developers can't just make an update appear out of thin air. They need time to add each new feature, each new scenario... And they need to be able to work without any concern, as nothing good comes from a stressed developer. But for me, time is hard to come by. I want to be able to work at my own pace and not have to worry about people breathing down my neck and tapping their feet on the ground. And unfortunately, the only way to do that is by just cutting everyone off from the mod.

Also, I seem to be in agreement with the majority of surveyed players when I say that TCBC is lacking in content. If you were to compare TCBC with a mod like Conquerors, you'd find that the amount of things like new scenarios and formables in TCBC are disappointingly low. And with so many people coming in with new and exciting mods to play, I feel like we've come to a point where TCBC will no longer be able to satisfy the playerbase. If what you're doing doesn't make people happy, what's the point in even doing it? At this point, the only person that TCBC makes happy is me. So I'm taking this mod back and keeping it for myself, like I should have done all those months ago.

What happens now?

Nothing. That's it. The mod's dead. @Lakhal isn't getting a C&C Generals scenario. @Friedrich Wilhelm isn't getting a Kaiserreich scenario. @RapidestJarl635 isn't getting a province in the Delmarva Peninsula. Nobody is getting a revival of Project Imperator. I'll probably keep updating the mod FOR MYSELF AND AT MY OWN PACE, but for all of you, the party's over.

What about that "brand new mod project"? And the new alternate world scenario? And Regions of the World?! AND THE APRIL FOOLS' SCENARIO LIST?!?!

Shhhhhhhh. It's OK. Just give me your sad reaction and get some rest. You'll need it.

END?

https://youtu.be/VMbmmOoh5pg Thought you might need this. 😞

8 hours ago, Chairman Baad said:

Why was this done?

What happens now?