Age of History Games
dENd

[ FIXED ] Game Crashing when loading map

I went over the whole forum trying to start making my own custom map but it just seems that no matter what I just can't get a custom map to load.

So in the files below I made 3 provinces via the map editor followed the usual steps of editing config file, putting into the folders etc. I even didn't bother using a custom background.

Any help would be welcome.

Test.rar

Edited by dENd

Found it:
{

Problem: Somewhere and somehow you F*ck up with scales
Solution:
delete everything from
{
\data\scales\provinces\3
\data\scales\provinces\1

}
}

Please change topic name to:
[Fixed]Game Crashing when loading game

On 1/27/2019 at 11:12 PM, dENd said:

I went over the whole forum trying to start making my own custom map but it just seems that no matter what I just can't get a custom map to load.

So in the files below I made 3 provinces via the map editor followed the usual steps of editing config file, putting into the folders etc. I even didn't bother using a custom background.

Any help would be welcome.

Test.rar

Here you go: Test.zip

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Hons
      AOH2 Province Updater
      I made this program because i had to make it lol and i made it in JavaScript.
      This program updates provinces you have made with the Map Editor data, why should you/when to use this program? This program is used when you accidentally made a mistake while making your map and then not being able to overwrite or update the exported provinces with the Map Editor.
      The way it works is by taking the Map Editor data / mapAoC2_v2.txt and exporting it to generate provinces.
      The Instructions of how to use it is in the program.
      GitHub Download/Releases : https://github.com/honsda/AOH2-ProvinceUpdater/releases
      Report bugs here : https://github.com/honsda/AOH2-ProvinceUpdater/issues
      Running the program in Windows
      1. Download the Zip file from releases in GitHub. or download from here (v1.0.3) 
      AOH2-ProvinceUpdater-v1.0.3.rar
      2. Extract the Zip file.
      3. Run it and do what it says.
      Also i only made an executable version of the program for Windows, you'll have to download the repository and run it by yourself.
      Running the program for Non-Windows users
      1. Download NodeJS for your OS.
      2. Download the repository in GitHub. (Press "Code" and click "Download ZIP")
      3. Extract the Zip file.
      4. Open cmd prompt and redirect to the extracted folder using `cd <your-path-here>`.
      5. Type `npm install` and wait for it to finish.
      6. Run the program by typing `node update.js` on the cmd prompt.

• By Dmmk
      Whenever I make a map with the editor when loading it, the game crashes, and I tried many things and nothing, please help 
    • By aunitydevteam
      the original Europe map from the old game plus map editor download
      -all original Scenarios 
      -Map editor

Next i will be doing Americas 

Download PC
      Map editor
      Download
      INSTALLER (note that install doesn't make a new folder you have to create a new folder for it)
      Download
      Android
      Will be available soon to download

• By Sarekreiz
      Hi, I have a problem. Namely: when I replace a map file in the map editor with a map with dimensions of 21600x10800, this does not start, can this problem be solved without reducing the map resolution?
  • Popular Now

• Our picks

• Tell a friend

Love Age of History Games? Tell a friend!