Age of History 3
Simon

Varieties of combat units (+Poll)

Varieties of combat units AOC2  

119 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

37 minutes ago, Simon said:

Я хочу видеть в AOC2 что-то вроде этого (скриншот)

1546785301049.jpg

I took a screenshot from the phone because there was no computer at hand

В AOC2 более 150+ человек принимают участие в опросе. У нас уже есть преимущество в пользу войск. Кому интересно посмотреть опрос здесь по  ссылке https://m.vk.com/poll-136362838_317930398?act=stats&from=ageofcivilizationsgroup 

Также здесь вы можете проголосовать по этой теме.

Screenshot_20190106-212452_1.jpg

Edited by Simon

it cannot and should not be a pc game

Personally I do not like the game on mobile, the buttons are too small and you can't really focus on the game. I play it on PC and love it. I think AoC1 is almost perfect for mobile tho.

Let AOC1 remain for casuals

AoC1 was a bit too simple. I like casual games, but come on, AoC1 is too extreme. Also, there are many other way intense strategy games. AoC2 is a perfect middle ground, thus it is unique.

I think that AoC2 is already quite complex. I've played it for tens of hours and am still discovering new things and ways to play. New unit types will clutter the map and take away focus from things that I do think should be more in depth, like the economy.

6 hours ago, Texas said:

Я думаю, что AoC2 уже довольно сложный. Я играл в нее десятки часов и все еще открываю для себя новые вещи и способы игры. Новые типы юнитов будут загромождать карту и отвлекать внимание от вещей, которые, на мой взгляд, должны быть более глубокими, например, от экономики.

According to a poll you are casual less than three times as most want this innovation.The game is not just for you !

Я провел опрос где более 4 тысяч участников (фанатов игры). В этом опросе в течение десяти часов приняли участие более 200 человек, из которых 138 хотят видеть в нововведениях, но есть и те, кто против 64, и в этой ветке также есть опрос, где 19 хотят, 7 против

Screenshot_20190107-104504_1.jpg

Edited by Simon

10 minutes ago, Strangefancypants said:

Идея звучит глупо

I can argue with you because you are wrong 

11 minutes ago, Strangefancypants said:

Идея звучит глупо

At the top, I did a survey and most of the people who read this topic voted for not considering the idea as stupid. You probably did not understand ...

2 minutes ago, Simon said:

At the top, I did a survey and most of the people who read this topic voted for not considering the idea as stupid. You probably did not understand ...

sorry, stupid in my opinion.

Edited by Strangefancypants

Now, its easy to suggest something without actually thinking about it.
Here are a few reasons why this shouldn't be implemented.

1) Game already loads slowly per turn & This game was originally made for mobile
Do you realize how many additional calculations it would take per turn if you added that layer of complexity? Game already takes a while to go through a turn as it is. With that, you're doubling/tripling the amount of resources and most mobile devices will stop being able to get the most out of the game, opting for smaller maps just for a layer of complexity. 

2) Its easy to suggest, but hard to implement.

It may seem easy for you to say "Add more troop types" but have you ever considered what has to be changed? If this was to be implemented, they would have to change the recruit tabs and add more options, change the AI of the civilizations [Which would be hard], find a balanced price, power level and add way more calculations to troops [Instead of Troops A* bonusdefA vs TroopsB vs bonusdefB, the game now has to deal with armor piercing, which type of troops damage the other the most, how to prioritize which type attacks first, etc.].

3) It would ruin it's casual gameplay

Instead of being a relatively simple game, this will have turned it into something like other games of this genre [Didn't state any, not sure if its allowed or not] If that happens, the demography this game is supposed to serve will be turned down, as AOC II will become just another clone of those games by that point.

Edit: If you really want this, try getting this into a mod when mod support is released or something, don't ruin it for everyone by permanently replacing the core mechanics of the game.

Edited by Cai

On 1/18/2019 at 12:10 PM, Cai said:

1) Game already loads slowly per turn & This game was originally made for mobile
Do you realize how many additional calculations it would take per turn if you added that layer of complexity? Game already takes a while to go through a turn as it is. With that, you're doubling/tripling the amount of resources and most mobile devices will stop being able to get the most out of the game, opting for smaller maps just for a layer of complexity. 

It may seem easy for you to say "Add more troop types" but have you ever considered what has to be changed? If this was to be implemented, they would have to change the recruit tabs and add more options, change the AI of the civilizations [Which would be hard], find a balanced price, power level and add way more calculations to troops [Instead of Troops A* bonusdefA vs TroopsB vs bonusdefB, the game now has to deal with armor piercing, which type of troops damage the other the most, how to prioritize which type attacks first, etc.].

3) It would ruin it's casual gameplay

Instead of being a relatively simple game, this will have turned it into something like other games of this genre [Didn't state any, not sure if its allowed or not] If that happens, the demography this game is supposed to serve will be turned down, as AOC II will become just another clone of those games by that point.

Edit: If you really want this, try getting this into a mod when mod support is released or something, don't ruin it for everyone by permanently replacing the core mechanics of the game.

Maybe suggest it on that new thing the Add-on that was pinned 

On 18.01.2019 at 16:10, Cai said:

Вам может показаться легко сказать «Добавить больше типов войск», но задумывались ли вы когда-нибудь о том, что нужно изменить? Если бы это было реализовано, им пришлось бы изменить вкладки рекрута и добавить больше опций, изменить ИИ цивилизаций [что было бы сложно], найти сбалансированную цену, уровень мощности и добавить гораздо больше вычислений для войск [вместо Войска A * bonusdefA против TroopsB против BonusdefB, теперь игра должна иметь дело с пробиванием брони, какой тип войск наносит больше урона другим, как расставлять приоритеты, какой тип атак в первую очередь и т. Д.].

3) Это испортит случайный геймплей

Вместо того, чтобы быть относительно простой игрой, это превратит ее в нечто похожее на другие игры этого жанра [Не указывало ни одной, не уверен, разрешено ли это или нет]. Если это произойдет, демография, в которую должна играть эта игра, будет к тому моменту AOC II станет еще одним клоном этих игр.

Изменить: Если вы действительно хотите это, попробуйте включить это в мод, когда поддержка мода будет выпущена или что-то в этом роде, не разрушайте это для всех, навсегда заменив основную механику игры.

1) the Game can be optimized and made faster for weak devices.At me and at my friends personally everything works well and quickly, I think it already depends on the device.In an extreme case, you can release this update separately and at a different price for a more powerful device.
2)Yes I agree with you that it will need to change a lot.I did not break anything opening this topic in the proposals and only Lukas can add.
3) I think it does not spoil the whole gameplay as the game has its own zest distinguishing from the rest of the games,it is possible to feel like a developer to do something to add a historical event or an alternative event and even change the AOC beyond recognition.This is the difference from other games.I re-write that the addition of various troops in the game will not spoil the AOC and to be similar in military terms to more advanced games is not bad,it will only add interest in the military craft.
And I think that it will please many players of this wonderful game