Age of History 3
Thefernofrommars

Stop ripping ideas from Paraslop (paradox) games

Something that annoys me a lot is the annoying people in the comments on this forum asking for content that's already in another game. It's stupid and annoying, and will just make AOH3 less unique.
AOH3 is a original independent project, if you want content from HOI4 or any other paraslop game, go play them. Stop demanding lukasz to add it.

For example frontlines, which would make ZERO sense in the context of AOH3's gameplay has been suggested so much that it's just obnoxious.
Or for another example people demanding a historical gamemode, which again doesn't make sense on a development level, lukasz would have to completely rework the idea of the scenario system to add this into the base game. This is why this is the responsibility of a little known AOH group, not sure you've heard of them but they're called Modders?
Multiplayer has been suggested even after lukasz has said multiple times that it wont be added, which is a shame but I can see why it isn't going to be added.

This post is sort of directed towards those annoying ipad kids who keep posting this stuff, but either way it's extremely annoying.

I don't see why that would be bad? I mean while some suggestions may be poor like historical mode, others are valid and deal with crucial mechanics for an RTS game
A frontline like mechanic or something like that is indispensable if the dev really wants the game to have modern scenarios. I remember never playing modern era scenarios or scenarios with civilizations with many provinces because it was tedious to manage all the troops, one by one, in all the provinces 

Posted (edited)

What you want to say by that?

Please tell me what a unique mechanic is in AOH3, that does not in any pdx game?

civilisation creating? 

wars with no casus beli?

AOH3 is unique by the lack of something, not by an unreal mechanic, that can make game ultramegasuper gemplayly good.

Łukasz understood that and create a topic where people can discribe their ideas, this ideas could be good or not, in fact Łukasz will ignore the 98% of them. The sense of it, is not to demand multiplayer and scream on Łukasz because he's not added the multiplayer. The main goal is to polish the ideas, that game already has.

For Example. There is a parliament mechanic topic and election mechanic. You can say: "ahhwhw Game no needed this, the setting of game is 1440 year and other trying to be unlogical". This match that you mentioned: "no pdx mechanic" This mechanic fully not implemented in any pdx game. In my opinion is good one.

But in fact this mechanic is reacted by Łukasz and not be added. "Dużo napracowanko, albo nic nie mogę obiesac" What mean only one thing "fajna idea, albo mnie to nie trzeba" No needed NO NEEDED

This comfirm my opinion. If you blame community, the average age of AOH player is 11 years. They just a kids, that plays this game in mobile phone between the schools subjects. They no needed the parliaments, the fronts system, the pops and another PDX mechanics, that working good. 

Main aim of łukasz is to create a simple game, which could played by all and no needed to learn a 30 hours of hard mechanics and ton of some other shit.

Edited by Alexey Navalny

50 minutes ago, Alexey Navalny said:

Please tell me what a unique mechanic is in AOH3, that does not in any pdx game?

civilisation creating? 

wars with no casus beli?

AOH3 is unique by the lack of something, not by an unreal mechanic, that can make game ultramegasuper gemplayly good.

Łukasz understood that and create a topic where people can discribe their ideas, this ideas could be good or not, in fact Łukasz will ignore the 98% of them. The sense of it, is not to demand multiplayer and scream on Łukasz because he's not added the multiplayer. The main goal is to polish the ideas, that game already has.

For Example. There is a parliament mechanic topic and election mechanic. You can say: "ahhwhw Game no needed this, the setting of game is 1440 year and other trying to be unlogical". This match that you mentioned: "no pdx mechanic" This mechanic fully not implemented in any pdx game. In my opinion is good one.

But in fact this mechanic is reacted by Łukasz and not be added. "Dużo napracowanko, albo nic nie mogę obiesac" What mean only one thing "fajna idea, albo mnie to nie trzeba" No needed NO NEEDED

This comfirm my opinion. If you blame community, the average age of AOH player is 11 years. They just a kids, that plays this game in mobile phone between the schools subjects. They no needed the parliaments, the fronts system, the pops and another PDX mechanics, that working good. 

Main aim of łukasz is to create a simple game, which could played by all and no needed to learn a 30 hours of hard mechanics and ton of some other shit.

Parliment, frontlines are essential for realism and don't have to be complicated, If Lukasz concentrated on the audience for mobile being kids i think we would just end up with another dogwater mobile strategy with no difficulty and like 20 provinces for each continent like countryballs at war 

12 hours ago, Alexey Navalny said:

civilisation creating? 

wars with no casus beli?

I'm sorry but I can barely understand what you're trying to write, but I am happy that happened to your or sad that it happened.

11 hours ago, OwnM3Z0 said:

Parliment, frontlines are essential for realism and don't have to be complicated, If Lukasz concentrated on the audience for mobile being kids i think we would just end up with another dogwater mobile strategy with no difficulty and like 20 provinces for each continent like countryballs at war 

The issue, is that the war mechanics wouldn't work with a front line feature due to how capturing provinces works. You capture a city, and it captures the provinces around it (which I'm sure it's deeper then that, but that's the gist), front lines are not exactly needed at all in a system like this. Front lines are not exactly essential for realism as they've only existed for about a 200 years, which is quite small compared to the wide spanning scope of AOH3.

Front lines make sense in AOH2 due to capturing being required for all provinces rather then a few other provinces, if anything front lines would be ineffective compared to fort garrisons (which an automatic fort garrison mechanic would be a nice QOA feature, although that's aside from the point) this is why I think that people who suggest this feature just haven't looked or examined the footage we've been getting of the war system, and are simply suggesting it because they want the game to be purely a HOI4 clone.

The game is clearly not attempting to be realistic, no GSG does that. Just look at HOI4 for example, that game is horribly unrealistic, but that isn't what it's trying to be. If we cared about realism we'd all be playing CGO, but no one plays CGO outside of literal military strategists, why is that? Because it's extremely indepth and shatters pretty much everything you've previously learned in games such as HOI4.
In other words, what I am saying is that people play games similar to AOH3 not because they want realism, but because they want to play a nation game with flavor. I agree that Parliament and electoral systems have the potential to add flavor to the game, but if they're made to be realistic then it wouldn't be fun.

Now for another thing I saw in the other post, something about Casus-bellis. I don't see how they could be added effectively. CBs are good in games like victoria 2 due to the fact that wars in that game are mostly limited and have a huge penalty, in AOH3 currently there isn't really a system that could tap into a CB system effectively, it just doesn't make sense to add. The only reason why you would add this is if you just want needless padding like in HOI4, which again, isn't fun and just makes the game unnecessarily long.
But at the same time, there's a reason HOI4 does that, it's because they want to encourage players to rely on the linear focus trees. Which works quite well.
What I am saying is that there is zero reason to actually implement a system like this if it wont effectively tap into other established mechanics.

My original point when making this post was the influx of ipad kids suggesting this stuff, do I blame the community at large for this? No I don't, some people have genuinely good ideas for the game, but often enough they get flooded out by the relentless spam of twelve year olds asking for the same three things that just wouldn't work in the context of AOH3.

21 hours ago, Thefernofrommars said:

AOH3 is a original independent project, if you want content from HOI4 or any other paraslop game, go play them. Stop demanding lukasz to add it.

+1

21 hours ago, Thefernofrommars said:

Or for another example people demanding a historical gamemode, which again doesn't make sense on a development level, lukasz would have to completely rework the idea of the scenario system to add this into the base game.

I don't like the historical gameplay either. Anschluss in the event, Molotov Ribbentrop Pact in the event, Partitions of Poland in the event, annexation of Denmark in the event, annexation of Norway in the event - in such a situation, playing the game loses its sense

53 minutes ago, Rodak Polak said:

+1

I don't like the historical gameplay either. Anschluss in the event, Molotov Ribbentrop Pact in the event, Partitions of Poland in the event, annexation of Denmark in the event, annexation of Norway in the event - in such a situation, playing the game loses its sense

Exactly, it removes the sandbox part of the AOH franchise.

13 horas atrás, Thefernofrommars disse:

Exatamente, remove a parte sandbox da franquia AOH.

Pode não acrescentar enfoque histórico, mas precisa de algo que evite guerras desnecessárias. Estou cansado de ver fronteiras feias e sem sentido.