Age of History 3
Łukasz Jakowski

Age of History 3 - Mobile devices update

I think thats very good, PC version will have 4x provinces than eu4 map and mobile'll have 2x. Thanks for your work!

1 hour ago, Łukasz Jakowski said:

Maybe there will be something around 5-7k provinces for mobile devices, we will see later.

The special map for mobile devices will be based on the PC version map from AoH3, which will have  nearly 12000-14000 provinces.

1 hour ago, ArrajnordArmenia said:

It would be good if there were 14 thousand provinces for PC, and for mobile, 9 or 8 thousand. People underestimate the capability of mobile phones to support a heavy game

People do not underestimate the capability of mobile phones to support heavy games because, mobile devices do not have the capability to support heavy games.

Managing and processing data for a vast number of provinces, each with its own set of statistics like population and manpower (note the increase in calculations), can strain the processing power of mobile devices. This can result in slower performance and potential crashes, as mobile hardware is not as powerful as desktop counterparts.

There are of course memory constraints, mobile devices typically have limited RAM compared to PCs. Storing and accessing data for thousands of provinces simultaneously can exceed the memory capacity of mobile phones, leading to performance issues. 

Of course there are instances in the market where certain mobile phones have 24GB RAM, but why buy it when you can buy a PC for the same price.

12 hours ago, Łukasz Jakowski said:

Maybe there will be something around 5-7k provinces for mobile devices, we will see later.

The special map for mobile devices will be based on the PC version map from AoH3, which will have  nearly 12000-14000 provinces.

If the mobile version will have fewer provinces, will it be the case in the mobile version that only one province will be occupied after the siege? I think this is how it should be in the mobile version

@Łukasz Jakowski

Te sugiero que tengas dos mapas para la versión móvil.

Uno es el mapa AOH3 original, también conocido como el más grande.

El otro sería el mapa minimizado (el mapa principal)

Básicamente, el mapa AOH3 original son teléfonos que podrían manejar más provincias, mientras que el mapa más pequeño sería el mapa principal. Es como los mapas que tienes en AOH2. 

Creo que sería mejor 

I think there should be a state number adjustment to the game. My phone is strong enough to handle the PC Version of Age Of History III. I think after downloading the game, anyone who wants to should be able to move the provinces just like the PC version by pressing a single button.

In the mobile version, fewer states will be available to us. Not a problem for me. But since I want more states, I should be able to go into the settings and increase the number of states with a single click. (After pressing the button, I see a loading screen and after the loading is finished, the number of states is increased)

(I wrote these using translation. There might be a spelling mistake, I hope it's understandable)

Posted (edited)

a-) It is a very logical move for optimization, I would do it like this. Age of history 3 is a very detailed game and apart from online games on mobile (Rise of kingdoms, Clash of Clans), such a good strategy game is not only expected by the audience here. It should not be tiring for the audience that is likely to join the new audience, so many details can be tiring on small screens.

If the provinces are diverse in terms of raw materials and product variety, I think it will not affect the gameplay much.
Sometimes even the scenario with 4000 provinces in Age of History 2 tires me. That's why I occasionally play in the 290-state scenario in Age of History 1. Something like this might happen in Age of History 3.

b-) There will still be those who want to play with the PC map and those who are detailed players. For this, the aoh3pc sccenario must be on mobile. This scenario should be on mobile, even if it is in a different folder, like the Kepler map in Age of History 2, and not selected by default (it must be in dynamic memory, not static).

c-) On the other hand, despite all these positive results, there is one negative result: SCENARIO MODES. For modders who make scenarios, it would be cruel to deal with them on two maps. And most modders won't even bother with the mobile map. Even if they try, they will present a less realistic scenario on the mobile side.

1. Solution to your problem:
The problem of less realism can be solved if there is a map in the game in the PC version. Mods released on PC are also available on mobile.

2. Solution to the problem
As for the trouble that will be required for modders and content creators in making mobile maps, I have a suggestion for this. This can be quite easy, thanks to the fact that the game files are understandable and customizable in text form.

Let me give an example from the provinces of the Marmara region of Turkey (province name, id); Istanbul: 100, Kocaeli (izmit): 101, Yalova: 102. Let's say these provinces are available in the PC version. but in the mobile version, it was designed only as Istanbul. In this example, I will move on to paradox games a little.

The map scenarios are as follows:
"Turkiye": {
"ProvincesOwned": [100, 101, 102]

}

When transferring this to the mobile scenario, there should not be any other state ids such as 101, 102, that is, the province id must be the same as the PC, a scenario can be written that detects the combined states, that is, the ids that are not on mobile, and deletes them.

"Turkiye": {
"ProvincesOwned": [100]
}
If it's 102 on mobile and Ankara is made, it will be a torment for modders.

Also off topic. I compared it with Age of History 2 mobile updated Winmerge and I couldn't see much difference, the only difference is: 2 different ideologies have been added and a folder has been added for the mode. As far as I understand, there will be a steam workshop. this is good. However, I recommend github because it is cross-platform and interactive development. Github deopas can be opened in the aoh2-mod tag.

Like in this game:

https://gitHub - yairm210/Unciv: Open-source Android/Desktop remake of Civ V

Also, I say again, please bring the json files to universal standards, they are crossed out in any editor. and use "org.json" for better optimization.

Finally, I hope the steam version does not hurt too much in terms of price (it may hurt content creators 🙂 ) TL was removed from Steam and switched to dollars and as of now 1 TL = 32 dollars.

Edited by MeteHun

In the mobile version of the game, we can select the entire army and states with shift + right click. So how will this happen on mobile? How can we choose a whole or a whole army? 

Dear buddy, if you pay attention to the Chinese player market, I think you can listen to my advice, in fact, most Chinese players are used to playing aoh on mobile phones, when they use computers, they prefer to play hoi4, so if you want to make your game more competitive, I hope you can add more provinces to the mobile version instead of just more than 5000. By the way, we know that you will not do online system in the future, but there are many Chinese players still ask you to make a LAN online system, thank you, if you can take the time to read this message

It's concerning that mobile players receive a smaller map how many provinces will it have? and delayed releases compared to PC users. While I own both platforms, it seems unfair to offer less content and postpone releases for mobile users. Perhaps consider lowering the price of the mobile version as compensation?