Age of History Games
Magolor

Is there any programmable format of links between the provinces?

Creating a new map from scratch by hand is a super tedious work, even with the help of Map Editor 2.

However, since the outcome of the map editor is written in plain text: for example, for each province's file, the y-axis coordinates come first and then a `;` and then the x-axis coordinates.

Thus I programmed a image-based auto contour drawer using python, which created over 2000+ provinces in less than an hour. BTW, it works well.

However, the generated provinces are not linked, all the tutorials online indicate that we need to manually add the links in the map editor in game.

The bad news is that all the provinces' file will be converted into a byte string file after loaded into the game, thus it seems there is no way to program another tool to automatically link the provinces, unless there is an understandable way of representing the links. So, is there any?

Thanks in advance! I would really appreciate it if anyone could help me with it. Also, if the problem is solved, I'm planning to open source the auto contour drawer together with the auto linker, as well as a full pipeline of creating huge maps. So this is mutually beneficial.