Age of History 3
Łukasz Jakowski

Age of History 3 - Technology tree

I already wrote something similar when this discussion was opened the last time: Question about future technologies. The video shows a couple of technologies in the future that do not yet have content.

Can we count on improved versions of buildings like “Gene Clinic”, “Automated Factory”, “Thermonuclear Reactor”, “Hydroponic Farm”, etc.?

It is also interesting to introduce small but pleasant modifiers from some technologies.

I hope that you won't have to discover every technology from the beginning at the beginning of the game. I wish it were like in AoH2, that at the beginning you choose the technology you already have without having to discover it. It would be stupid if in the 21st century we had to discover, for example, knights.

It would be good if AI was designed in such a way that some countries, e.g., focus more on military development (e.g. Russia), while others, e.g. almost do not develop the army and focus on the economy (e.g. Iceland, which does not have its own armed forces)

Suggestions @Łukasz Jakowski

Separate trees based on the tech: Agricultural, Military, Scientific and Political.

Move tech back such as: Mine, Tax Office, Merchant Quarter, Military Base, Tax Office, Infantry.

Move tech forward such as Library, Ranch, Knight.

Add these much-needed tech to each category:

Scientific:

Inventions – Gunpowder, Electricity, Steam Engine, Diesel Engine, Oil Drill, Deep Mining, Radios, Renewable Energy, Deep Mining, Nuclear Fission, Ventilation, Mass Production, Assembly Line, Basic Medicine, Advanced Medicine, Steel, Aluminium, Copper Plating, Cartography.

Buildings – Nuclear Power Plant, Wind Farm, Dams, Geothermal Power Station, Steel Factory, Aluminium Refinery, Oil Rig, Engine Factory.

Agricultural: Soil Fertiliser, Bonemeal, Sodium Nitrate, Mechanised Agriculture, Cotton Gin, Tractor, Seed Drill, Crop Rotation, Plow, Selective Breeding, Land Draining, Land Reclamation, Land Conversion, GMOs.

Political:

Economic Reforms – Free Trade, Protectionism, Laissez-Faire, State Production, Privatisation.

Civil Reforms – Segregation, Civil Rights, Secularism, Discrimination, Gender Equality Welfare State, Education, Healthcare, Slavery, State Religion.

Military Reforms – Colonial Settler, Colonial Plantation, Colonial Exploitation, Colonial Conversion, Mass Mobilization, Conscription.

Military:

Buildings – Walls, Dockyards, Air Bases, Artillery Factories, Tank Factory, Forts, Anti-Air Systems, Trenches, Military School, Military Academy.

Infantry – Pike and Shot, Tercio, Marines, Motorised Infantry, Mechanised Infantry, Paratroopers.

Artillery – Siege Engine, Catapult, Cannons, Mortar, Howitzer, Rockets, Machine Gun, Railgun.

Airforce – Airships, Bombs, Bomber, Light Bomber, Heavy Bomber, Stealth Bomber, Planes, Propeller Fighter, Jet Fighter, Stealth Fighter.

Navy – Sailing Boats, Trade Convoys, Rowboat, Triemes, Junks, Caravel, Warships, Galleons, Frigates, Ships-of-the-Line, Steamboats, Cruiser, Dreadnought, Battleship, Aircraft Carrier, Modern Frigate, Modern Cruiser, Modern Aircraft Carrier.

You can add a more detailed Tech tree link like in Hoi4.

For example, there is a military Technology tree and it is more detailed like HOI4.

For tanks (Germany)

light tanks

Panzer 38(t) - Panzer 2 - Panzer 3

Medium tanks:

Panzer 4 - panther - leopard

Heavy tanks:

Tiger 1 - Tiger 2 - E75 - Maus or E100

Anti-tank guns:

Stug 3 - Stug 4 -
I don't know the others

I think it's good for the game.

I hope you will add these.

Edited by Ghostnansn

oyunda ilk başlarken diplomasi gerçekteki gibi olsun örneğin türkiye yunanistan -5                                                   

Rusya Amerika -10 gibi

Edited by AppleCat
anlam karışıklılığı

What do you think about adding technology "Police" (in 16th century) -> "Forensic science" (in 17th century), -> "modern forencic science" (in 20th century) -> "Future police and forensic science" (in 21st century)

It will give us oportunity to change goverment type into Police State (państwo policyjne)

i would love a legionary unit. Something better than just a swordsman. Mainly because I want to play as the Romans. Naval units would also be nice. 

On 1/17/2024 at 11:57 AM, Łukasz Jakowski said:

What do you think about the new technology tree in the game?

What needs to be changed, moved or added?

Here is a complete overview of the technology tree:

Will there be nation unique technologies only visible for nations you select in the json files?

The technology tree looks great just a few things I noticed could be improved:
1. Separation, and organization, look at how especially HOI4 does their technology tree, they have categories, and it looks nicer than if it didn't.
2. Text clipping, I saw a couple of widgets that had clipping text.
3. Placement, and names, at the end I noticed that "Future Technology" came after other technologies that were "Future", like Future Tank, and Future Infantry, and as well I feel at some points, it feels a bit compact, or filled, and it could help if the UI was spaced out just a bit.

Thank you.

I think there could be a technology tree about centralizing the government if the nation is full of many different cultures or peoples, and also for feudal nations like HRE and Medieval France in which the leader didn't have much power so there would be an opportunity to exert power over the local rulers.

please separate economy and military, it makes little sense to research both at the same time, thanks. and also hopefully will you be able to add ability through events and scenario editor to edit the research progress of every country? big countries automatically should have a lot more progress than smaller ones

19 hours ago, Ares I of Congo said:

I think there could be a technology tree about centralizing the government if the nation is full of many different cultures or peoples, and also for feudal nations like HRE and Medieval France in which the leader didn't have much power so there would be an opportunity to exert power over the local rulers.

I think that could work better for a mission tree, or event tree, rather than a Technology tree.

I think for the modern era there could be much more things unlocked with technologies like: satellites which allows you to see every Civilization in the map without discovering them, electronics and computers, internet which give some buffs like: better Organization, more economic growth and radio which gives more Army organization, buildings like news media headquarters which influence and can lower unrest, etc..

On 2/28/2024 at 6:23 PM, Ares I of Congo said:

Yeah i think more of a mission would work

And if, for whatever reason, those aren't added, I think modding will add the possabillity.

Perhaps add technologies such as "obligatory education" which will increase the bonuses provided by placed schools and perhaps universities, and "free education", which would allow you to switch from paid education to free education and vice versa. While free education will provide a boost to research, paid education will provide boost to tax income.