Age of History 3
Eesti

need help

Question

I'm trying to make a custom map for AoH2, but game keeps crashing when it reaches 50%. The backgrounds are fine, provinces are fine (although I don't know if I need to have them in one of the scales folders,) config.json is fine, can anybody help?

8 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Eesti said:

although I don't know if I need to have them in one of the scales folders

No, you just need to put the provinces in data\provinces, update and updatePB. The ones inside the scale folders are generated by the game on the first time the map loads.

The testscenario folder is inside the scenarios folder? Without scenarios I think the game crashes.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Iceman said:

No, you just need to put the provinces in data\provinces, update and updatePB. The ones inside the scale folders are generated by the game on the first time the map loads.

Did that, game still crashes at 50%. But now it stays at that for about 15 seconds before not responding

Also yes the testScenario is in the scenarios folder

Edited by Eesti

1 hour ago, Eesti said:

Did that, game still crashes at 50%. But now it stays at that for about 15 seconds before not responding

Also yes the testScenario is in the scenarios folder

Upload the map so I can see if there is something wrong.

Opened it and it's freezing at "Loading Provinces 50%" indeed.

Files seem ok, so probably it's the provinces. Attach the "mapAoC2_v2.txt" in the map editor folder so I can check it.

It seems the reason of the freezing is because the map is big and the game takes some time to generate the provinces. You can see the provinces being generated in the data\scales\provinces folders.

Delete the map folder and put the one I attached below. After opening the game wait some time, maybe 10 minutes, don't click in the game window or it will stop responding.

Hyrule.zip

Posted (edited)

Kinda worked. Game did generate the provinces in scales, but the game crashes at 80% now
Might just have the map too big. I'll try that

Edited by Eesti