Age of History 3
N1Fedehh

Bug that takes me to the main screen when I try to play in a custom map

Hello, I've been trying to create a custom map for a few days. I followed all the instructions and actually managed to create part of the map. However, out of curiosity, I tried to create a scenario and when I try to play it, the game takes me to the main screen. I tried closing and reopening the game several times. Playing with other maps the problem does not arise.

However I'm playing on PC in case it wasn't clear 

On 4/13/2024 at 5:46 PM, Iceman said:

Did you make the province connections?

I finally solved the problem, I don't even remember how lol. However, I wanted to ask you if you knew how to disable the "worldmap" in the configuration to prevent the map from being scrollable from left to right, i.e. from being essentially spherical (I'm not a flat earther, I'm making a map of a country lol). I tried to edit after the background by writing "nation_M.png" but the game crashes on startup. I've seen it done this way in some mods, I don't understand why it doesn't work in vanilla.

On 4/13/2024 at 5:46 PM, Iceman said:

Did you make the province connections?

but is enough for just one province not to be properly connected to crash everything? I added other provinces and I'm 99.9 sure I connected them  all.

I just clicked "play" in one scenario:
image.thumb.png.2d1d6838f0a33f81e33ecdc8f8442bc1.png

Nevermind, I  just added the names 0 and 1 inside the province names folder and it worked. Do they necessarily have to be there? Can't I change them somehow? They cover the names of some cities

Yeah, it seems that was the problem. I deleted the names file inside the province_names folder and happened the same: the game returns to main game after clicking in New Game.

Leave the file empty, with no text, just don't delete it.