Jump to content
Age of History 3
  • 0
TheBlueShadow58

Is it possible to duplicate already existing scenarios?

Question

I already downloaded and played multiple scenarios from the Forums without any issues, but I genuinely cannot figure out how to copy pre-existing scenarios like Modern World,1440,1200 etc. Every time I copy one of the folders(like modernworld for an example), rename it to something like modernworld123 and paste it into the scenarios folder it just appears as ERROR in my game with 0 civs. Is there any way to fix this? I wanted to make a couple of Alternate Modern World scenarios but I do not want to start from scratch or lose my original Modern World file. Any ideas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

I dont have any problems with mods/custom scenarios, but I just cant manage to duplicate/copy any of the default scenarios like Modern World. I wanted to do scenarios that are slight variations of the Modern World scenario but that would require either starting from scratch or losing my original Modern World file. Basically, I just want to duplicate the default scenarios without facing any errors. Could you help me with that?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 0

Well,im completely lost.I just dont know what is the problem...technically they should work but they arent.Excuse me i cant help you with this but i suggest  that you copy and paste your AOCII folder somewhere else and work there with the scenario(this way you wouldnt lose your original file)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 0

Hi,

I think i know how I can help you.

1. Copy the folder (In my case, it will be modernworld),

s1.thumb.png.f79a2c2eb7a566cc094512a881f21b09.png

2. Now rename your folder (i renamed it "modernworld2"),

3. In the "modernworld2" folder you have files named modernworld, modernworld_a, modernworld_c... All you have to do is renaming them, so in my case it will be: modernworld2 modernworld2_a, modernworld2_c. Remember about "events" folder, here, you have one file to rename.

s2.thumb.png.02b3dcda78463925bc93cd1deb4b0fb5.png

4. Open yourscenarioname_INFO.json using Notepad++ or Windows Notepad. Now you have to edit the name of scenario, so in my case it will be ModernWorld2. You can edit here author and link to the wiki too.

s3.thumb.png.f13a7cfa2b1c8d95ee2209d271bba316.png

5. Now, go here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Age of Civilizations II\map\Earth\scenarios and open file called Age_of_Civilization. You have to add the name of your scenario to the game file. The modernworld2 folder is located after modernworld scenario, so I need to put the modernworld2 tag next to modernworld tag, like on screenshot. If you dont know, where your folder is, you can see in this path I pasted.  Remember about semicolon! If you did this correctly, save the file and close N++.

s4.thumb.png.e7ccb2ed0746b4e9ae1da230f4d9e103.png

6. Thats all! Now you should have copy of MW scenario. Sorry for my english xD

s5.thumb.png.0281ae55b875cedcd219bbf43a6ec99c.png

s6.thumb.png.b48b57a8c425a98d5d0886136a9ac6f6.png

Edited by J4DYMY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 0

J4DYMY, Thank you so so so much! Sorry for the late response (I have not played the game or visited the forum in a while lol), now that I know how to create these kinds of scenarios I am gonna have a ton of fun with it! Thanks again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 0
On 3/6/2019 at 7:54 PM, J4DYMY said:

Hi,

I think i know how I can help you.

1. Copy the folder (In my case, it will be modernworld),

s1.thumb.png.f79a2c2eb7a566cc094512a881f21b09.png

2. Now rename your folder (i renamed it "modernworld2"),

3. In the "modernworld2" folder you have files named modernworld, modernworld_a, modernworld_c... All you have to do is renaming them, so in my case it will be: modernworld2 modernworld2_a, modernworld2_c. Remember about "events" folder, here, you have one file to rename.

s2.thumb.png.02b3dcda78463925bc93cd1deb4b0fb5.png

4. Open yourscenarioname_INFO.json using Notepad++ or Windows Notepad. Now you have to edit the name of scenario, so in my case it will be ModernWorld2. You can edit here author and link to the wiki too.

s3.thumb.png.f13a7cfa2b1c8d95ee2209d271bba316.png

5. Now, go here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Age of Civilizations II\map\Earth\scenarios and open file called Age_of_Civilization. You have to add the name of your scenario to the game file. The modernworld2 folder is located after modernworld scenario, so I need to put the modernworld2 tag next to modernworld tag, like on screenshot. If you dont know, where your folder is, you can see in this path I pasted.  Remember about semicolon! If you did this correctly, save the file and close N++.

s4.thumb.png.e7ccb2ed0746b4e9ae1da230f4d9e103.png

6. Thats all! Now you should have copy of MW scenario. Sorry for my english xD

s5.thumb.png.0281ae55b875cedcd219bbf43a6ec99c.png

s6.thumb.png.b48b57a8c425a98d5d0886136a9ac6f6.png

I was thinking something like that but I would forget about the events folder XD

Anyway thanks for the advice it will help me a lot about the 30 years war scenario

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 0
2 hours ago, Ilovethisgame2 said:

I was thinking something like that but I would forget about the events folder XD

Anyway thanks for the advice it will help me a lot about the 30 years war scenario

You're welcome 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 0
On 2/25/2019 at 9:11 AM, TheBlueShadow58 said:

I already downloaded and played multiple scenarios from the Forums without any issues, but I genuinely cannot figure out how to copy pre-existing scenarios like Modern World,1440,1200 etc. Every time I copy one of the folders(like modernworld for an example), rename it to something like modernworld123 and paste it into the scenarios folder it just appears as ERROR in my game with 0 civs. Is there any way to fix this? I wanted to make a couple of Alternate Modern World scenarios but I do not want to start from scratch or lose my original Modern World file. Any ideas?

i did get a scenario on here but it said error, but i did it a second time with 2 of same scenarios but it worked! weird idk how it worked!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 0
On 3/10/2019 at 3:29 AM, FakelsOn said:

Can you do it on android, I play it on android

 

Yes that would help me because I want to make modern world with some edits (as everyone here probably)

- Kingpvz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Popular Now


  • Our picks

    • AoH3 – Help with translation of the Game
      Hi, I need your help translating the Age of History 3 to your native language.
      Your translation into your native language would be very helpful! ❤️

      In the attachment is a file with new texts in the game to be translated.
       

      How to make translation:

      In the file there is list of texts in the game

      The Left side is the key, do not change it!

      The right side of each line after = is the translation to your language

       

       

      Example:

      ChooseAnAdvisorToHire = Choose an Advisor to Hire

      ChooseAnAdvisorToHire is the key, don't change it

       

      Correctly made translation:

      ChooseAnAdvisorToHire = Your translated text
      ClickToHireAnAdvisor = Your translated text
      ClickToFireAnAdvisor = Your translated text

      etc.

      ShiftClickToInvestXTimes = Shift + Click to invest {0} times

      In the place of {0} will be placed number or text

      PerformTheActionXTimes = Perform the action {0,choice,0#{0} times|1#{0} time|1<{0,number,integer} times}

       

       

      For now the game is translated to: Only English language!

       

      translation.txt
    • Bloody Europe II | New update
      Bloody Europe II - it's a mod with a huge map of Europe.

      In these mod is:
      -Giant map of Europe (4434 provinces) + big map of Europe (2637 provinces) + large map of German Empire (937 provinces)

      -Large count of scenarios from ancient times to alternative future

      -New fonts and music

      -Plenty of new civilizations, form civs and union

      -You will see changes in the game code that will change the game significantly
    • Events - Common events for every civilization in the game
      Hi,
      in this topic, I am interested in your ideas for events that can happen for every Civilization in the game.
      I'm also interested in Missions for every Civilization.

      Here is some example, have more than 10k army, have more than 5000 gold, build 10 buildings, recruit an Advisor, increase tax efficiency 20 times, be largest  producer of some resource in the world, unlock 5 Civilization legacies etc.
      • 181 replies
    • First preview of the Alpha version of Age of History 3
      First preview of the Alpha version of Age of History 3, YouTube.
      Release date: When it's ready 😛 Subscribe for more!



       





       
    • Land units - Ideas AoH3
      AoH3 will have different types of land units.

      In this topic we will write ideas for new land units. 

       

      So the AoH 3 will have new battle system.


      Representation of the battlefield in the game.


      Land units will be grouped into 3 types. Each unit will have a different recruitment cost, attack, defense, movement speed and upkeep.

      Groups determine the placement of units on the battlefield.


       

      Each unit can be unlocked by researching technology and then upgraded.

       

      Here is the current list of units with upgrades:

      First line:

      Warrior -> Light Footmen -> Heavy Infantry -> Infantry -> Line Infantry -> Modern Infantry

      Hoplites -> Spearmen -> Pikeman -> Elite Pikeman -> Musketeer -> Riflemen -> Mechanized Infantry -> Modern Mechanized Infantry

      First line side:

      Horseman -> Elite Horseman -> Cavalry -> Tank -> Modern Tank

      Second line:

      Archer -> Bowmen -> Crossbowman -> Elite Crossbowman

      Canon -> Field Cannon -> Artillery -> Modern Artillery

      Early Airplane -> Airplane -> Modern Airplane

       

      This is a very early version, so maybe something should be changed?

      Or maybe an idea for a new type of unit with upgrades? I'm waiting for your suggestions.

       
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Age of History Games