Age of History 3
florshmisflorg

How do I create a mod for AOHII?

I've tried copying the game files into a different folder, then changing stuff but that makes the game crash when it loads.

Then, I deleted the folder and tried again. I tried copying the game files into a folder, but this time without changing anything, just leaving it as the normal game, and it still crashes.

Is there any way to stop it from crashing?

1 hour ago, florshmisflorg said:

I've tried copying the game files into a different folder, then changing stuff but that makes the game crash when it loads.

Then, I deleted the folder and tried again. I tried copying the game files into a folder, but this time without changing anything, just leaving it as the normal game, and it still crashes.

Is there any way to stop it from crashing?

made your mod into your game

3 hours ago, florshmisflorg said:

what?

What he means is, you put the modded stuff into your steam game folder (make sure to create a vanilla backup)

For some reason the map crashes when you copy the game files and mod them, might be some anti piracy thing.