Age of History 3
PHZanoniGamer

Some more stuff

(These suggestions are from a comment in my YT channel)

1-this is aoc2, not paradox, while Hoi4 alt history scenarios will be good (because good alt history deserves to be on all platforms) so unpopular opinion, i know, but we should keep units simple, and if lukasz adds focus trees should keep it very simple

2-most mechanics in bloody europe 1.3, namely genocide,nukes, and military experience points, the nukes being different here as in that you can design them

3-inclusion of leader dates (fictional death dates if the leaders are still alive) so we can change leaders over time (similar to the leadership change in megamod, so yeah, change leaders using ideology too)

4-more diverse flag changes instead of using a selection of flag templates the game gives you, you should also be able to draw flags

5-more ideologies, without exaggerating, so let's keep ideologies basic but also more diverse, (remove city state ideology, it makes no sense, keep only one republic, monarchy.... and also add new ideologies like theocracy and anarchism, for example)

6 more building and reforming and less conquering (I know i said let's not imitate paradox, but building and reforming makes sense, bear in mind, i don't think we should add different resources, the money resource is enough) the player should be able to build new kinds of buildings/'ll list them here:

Nuclear reactor, this goes hand in hand with my statement that a lot of BE 1.3 features should be included in aoc3 Broads and houses:roads decrease the cost of movement (movement points) and houses increase happiness and population growth

Il while this isn't a building, i agree with the fact that lukasz should indeed make buildings more upgradable, mainly forts and research institutes

And finally! The last feature i want to see added is more civs. and more historically accurate scenarios, i tried making a chinese warlord scenario in aoc2, and suffered because there wasn't important civs like the kang clique, which was pretty important

3 hours ago, Łukasz Jakowski said:

How reforming could work?

Chinese players have implemented reforms, which means that your government cannot change ideologies at will, but only similar ideologies with a cooldown. For example, the monarchy can be reformed into an aristocratic republic, and then it can gradually develop into a real republic and become a democratic state, and the ancient monarchy can also follow the progress of technology and the change of the times, and reform into a constitutional monarchy or an enlightened monarchy, which is an alternative to the democratic line.
Elections are another reform, but mandatory, otherwise your government's support will be reduced (this is a new resource we have added, too low will lead to a civil war). You can choose a new government from a democracy to take power, and when you are in a special government, such as a nationalist party, you can continue to choose to strengthen nationalism and move to a fascist government and abolish elections.
If you're wondering what we've done, check out my previous post with mods we've made that include election and reform features. Elections take 60 turns, reforms require 200 turns, and the Era & Tech Meets option for the next tier to appear.

This is what we've implemented in AOH2, and we don't want AOH3 to be so rudimentary that players can make it themselves. We want to have a dedicated government interface for pumping ideological support, and some interaction to invest in some power that allows you to control some of the parties that are elected in the general election. Independent government reforms are also necessary, and after a while, government institutions can be strengthened to gain different bonuses, similar to the European Continent mechanics.
The above features should be allowed to be enabled by the player's customization, or through the event decision, and some scripts may not want elections or government reforms.
In addition to this, every country should have the function of having a seat of government, including a monarchy. He will mark the number of seats for people with different tendencies. This will affect you to amend domestic laws.

Regarding the leader, I think it should be possible to choose between the leader will die randomly and change and the leader will always remain at the time of script production, the former will be useful for ancient scripts, and the latter will be useful for scripts like World War II. And the event should be able to kill and change the leader (very interesting, we recently made an event in AOH2 that can change the leader)

7 hours ago, Łukasz Jakowski said:

I'll ask the person that made the comment, but I believe reforming is what the comment above says, about reforming the way your nation's ideas work thorough the passage of time

12 hours ago, PHZanoniGamer said:

(These suggestions are from a comment in my YT channel)

1-this is aoc2, not paradox, while Hoi4 alt history scenarios will be good (because good alt history deserves to be on all platforms) so unpopular opinion, i know, but we should keep units simple, and if lukasz adds focus trees should keep it very simple

2-most mechanics in bloody europe 1.3, namely genocide,nukes, and military experience points, the nukes being different here as in that you can design them

3-inclusion of leader dates (fictional death dates if the leaders are still alive) so we can change leaders over time (similar to the leadership change in megamod, so yeah, change leaders using ideology too)

4-more diverse flag changes instead of using a selection of flag templates the game gives you, you should also be able to draw flags

5-more ideologies, without exaggerating, so let's keep ideologies basic but also more diverse, (remove city state ideology, it makes no sense, keep only one republic, monarchy.... and also add new ideologies like theocracy and anarchism, for example)

6 more building and reforming and less conquering (I know i said let's not imitate paradox, but building and reforming makes sense, bear in mind, i don't think we should add different resources, the money resource is enough) the player should be able to build new kinds of buildings/'ll list them here:

Nuclear reactor, this goes hand in hand with my statement that a lot of BE 1.3 features should be included in aoc3 Broads and houses:roads decrease the cost of movement (movement points) and houses increase happiness and population growth

Il while this isn't a building, i agree with the fact that lukasz should indeed make buildings more upgradable, mainly forts and research institutes

And finally! The last feature i want to see added is more civs. and more historically accurate scenarios, i tried making a chinese warlord scenario in aoc2, and suffered because there wasn't important civs like the kang clique, which was pretty important

i dont support the idea of portation of be2 features why?

genocide: copied plunder and modified 💀 yes its good feature if you look as aoh2 mod but we are talking about new game not a mod
nukes: good feature but isnt made by be2 also age of history is focused on 1440, its controversial
military experience: let be honest the military experience feature on be2 is broken + isnt military experience its like military points.. im sure that we will get a military experience feature and isnt like copied military points in be2.
the suggesting be2 features is like suggesting downgrade because will be get better ones

Edited by uwut

On 11/6/2023 at 11:46 PM, Łukasz Jakowski said:

‘Ok, now i got you, by reformation "I worded it incorrectly I meant reforms" there would be certain options in-game, like managing crime rate and getting military experience and research points without having a research budget, academies or military attacks’

On 11/7/2023 at 4:53 AM, uwut said:

i dont support the idea of portation of be2 features why?

genocide: copied plunder and modified 💀 yes its good feature if you look as aoh2 mod but we are talking about new game not a mod
nukes: good feature but isnt made by be2 also age of history is focused on 1440, its controversial
military experience: let be honest the military experience feature on be2 is broken + isnt military experience its like military points.. im sure that we will get a military experience feature and isnt like copied military points in be2.
the suggesting be2 features is like suggesting downgrade because will be get better ones

:classic_wink: Genocide isn't a new thing