Age of History 3
Gustav Heinrich

Background inspired by victoria 3.

Posted (edited)

Hello 👋!

So, I made this cool background a while ago that was inspired by the map of Victoria 3. And now, I'm working on making it even better by giving it a more antique and stylish look, just like the Victoria map. I hope you'll like it. I'm still putting the finishing touches on it, and sometimes I can be a bit lazy, but I promise to finish it soon. Anyway, here's the background:

image.thumb.png.210ccbf9ee216ffd329ead82a1a65a29.png 

Currently, I am fully immersed in painting with oil colors. As of now, my artwork does not feature any water bodies such as lakes, rivers, or oceans, but I am contemplating the idea of incorporating them into my piece. At the moment, I have completed only the left side of the background, with the rest of the canvas still awaiting my creative touch.

Original background post

Hey, quick update! 🎉

I messed up and lost all my progress on the previous map because I forgot to save the file. But no worries, I've redone it from scratch, and this time I've completed both parts of the background. There's a cut in the middle, so I'm thinking of adding a paper texture as a justification for "the map was folded. 😅"

image.thumb.png.6b327a78d3a306baeb558d30d8ef2b3f.png

I've finished the detail of the oil painting of the map, with decorations such as the equator, the name of the oceans and seas, the sea trade route in Europe (it's small to see), the addition of rivers on the continents, and land connections.

Edited by Gustav Heinrich
I've rewritten the text to make it more descriptive and corrected grammatical errors.