Age of History 3
Istria

Some questions

There is a Dai in Vietnam, however, it should be Nguyễn dynasty imo, and I think Qing is a bit too low in technology, I mean I know it's not advanced, but definitely not so far from Japan, also, I don't think North German Confederation is formed so early (Victoria Period) in real history ( tho not sure cuz not Germany fanatic)

But overall GREAT mod!(Japan op af, easily most advanced country in the world with Meiji Reform, enjoying playing as it!)

Edited by Istria

Thanks for your suggestions!

The problem with Dai and alike will be solved since that was one of the main plans for 1.1 - to fix all the temporary countries I put in Asia, so don't worry, it will be fixed.

The reason I put Qing so low in technology is so that China wouldn't destroy everything early-game. While splitting up China into sub-states did help this, I was still afraid of China being way more powerful than it was in real life. For now, since centralized Qing should be pretty powerful, I'm going to keep it the way it is for now. I might change it if necessary.

The reason the North German Confederation forms so easily is because there wasn't any other way to do it without making it boring. If I wanted to make it realistic, someone playing Prussia would basically have to skip about 200 turns until they can finally form it.

Also, making Japan powerful was also something that was intentional. I wanted them to be able to fight China head-on and still win, hence they have the ability to gain 70 technology points.

Thanks for your report and I'm happy to see you're enjoying it! At the moment I'm working on finishing terrain and looking into modifying the game files to spice the mod up. Hope you're looking forward to the full release!

P.S. Join the club. I'm not forcing you, but it'd sure bring a smile to my face.

19 hours ago, Sneaky said:

P.S. Join the club. I'm not forcing you, but it'd sure bring a smile to my face.

I can't join a public club, you should change it to open club

BTW Meiji Reform events happen in the beginning of the game before Meiji Restoration Event(and consititution of Japan is definitely not part of it, I mean it's Meiji Reform for a reason), is it a bug? You can test it, dk if it's only my problem.

BTW2 Qinghai submission event has problem, Qinghai will 100% choose the option "we will have our own path" as AI chance is set as 99% join Qing and 100% Liberate itself

Edited by Istria
Additional information

4 hours ago, Istria said:

I can't join a public club, you should change it to open club

BTW Meiji Reform events happen in the beginning of the game before Meiji Restoration Event(and consititution of Japan is definitely not part of it, I mean it's Meiji Reform for a reason), is it a bug? You can test it, dk if it's only my problem.

BTW2 Qinghai submission event has problem, Qinghai will 100% choose the option "we will have our own path" as AI chance is set as 99% join Qing and 100% Liberate itself

Thanks for the bug reports!

Can you tell me which Meiji reform event happens exactly at the start of the game? As for the constitution, it's meant as an update to the constitution, not a completely new one. Also, I fixed the Qinghai event - thanks!

4 minutes ago, Sneaky said:

Thanks for the bug reports!

Can you tell me which Meiji reform event happens exactly at the start of the game? As for the constitution, it's meant as an update to the constitution, not a completely new one. Also, I fixed the Qinghai event - thanks!

Different one, but they all happen on turn 2, sometimes I get industrialization, sometimes I get constitution, then other reforms will follow

P.S. I suggest change dates to tackle this weird phenomenon

Edited by Istria

10 minutes ago, Istria said:

Different one, but they all happen on turn 2, sometimes I get industrialization, sometimes I get constitution, then other reforms will follow

Tested it and it happens to me too. I'll try and fix it, but it'll be... rather painful to do so. 

9 hours ago, Sneaky said:

Tested it and it happens to me too. I'll try and fix it, but it'll be... rather painful to do so. 

Good luck with bug fixing! 

11 minutes ago, Istria said:

Is it normal that Annexation of UPCI doesn't happen at all? never seen it happen

The pre-release hasn't been bug-tested much, hence I called it a pre-release. I'll check the events after I'm back from school.

If you find any other bugs, I'll be happy to fix them.

22 minutes ago, Sneaky said:

The pre-release hasn't been bug-tested much, hence I called it a pre-release. I'll check the events after I'm back from school.

If you find any other bugs, I'll be happy to fix them.

I'll try find bugs

14 hours ago, Istria said:

Good luck with bug fixing! 

Rewrote the events but the problem persists. I actually feel like it might be a problem with the game. I have 2 separate triggers for the events, both of which are "AND". 1st trigger is a chance for 25%, while the 2nd is checking if either of the options in the previous event have been chosen with the option "OR". I think I can't do much until Lukasz fixed it.

Edited by Sneaky

23 minutes ago, Sneaky said:

Rewrote the events but the problem persists. I actually feel like it might be a problem with the game. I have 2 separate triggers for the events, both of which are "AND". 1st trigger is a chance for 25%, while the 2nd is checking if either of the options in the previous event have been chosen with the option "OR". I think I can't do much until Lukasz fixed it.

Yes I think so, this happen in my own scenario too, AND and OR seems cannot coexist as triggers, else bug happens

28 minutes ago, Istria said:

Yes I think so, this happen in my own scenario too, AND and OR seems cannot coexist as triggers, else bug happens

Hm.. well, that means I can easily fix it. Only problem is that now the event chain will be done a lot faster than I intended, but that's fine, I suppose.

As for the UPCI annexation event, it's fixed. If you find any other problems, please let me know!

53 minutes ago, Sneaky said:

Hm.. well, that means I can easily fix it. Only problem is that now the event chain will be done a lot faster than I intended, but that's fine, I suppose.

As for the UPCI annexation event, it's fixed. If you find any other problems, please let me know!

Thanks mate, well done!!! 

Edit:Is UPCI supposed to have no land? what's the purpose of setting it up then? 

Edited by Istria

5 hours ago, Istria said:

Thanks mate, well done!!! 

Edit:Is UPCI supposed to have no land? what's the purpose of setting it up then? 

That's because UPCI was one of the first events I made, and I had no idea how it really worked back then. I already know what the issue most likely is. I'll fix it.

11 hours ago, Sneaky said:

That's because UPCI was one of the first events I made, and I had no idea how it really worked back then. I already know what the issue most likely is. I'll fix it.

Btw pretty sure that Unification of Italy are bugged, event doesn't occur tho it's already 1860s and I fulfill the trigger

4 minutes ago, Istria said:

Btw pretty sure that Unification of Italy are bugged, event doesn't occur tho it's already 1860s and I fulfill the trigger

Probably because they were the first events I made. I'll go over the old events.

44 minutes ago, Sneaky said:

Probably because they were the first events I made. I'll go over the old events.

Ok thanks for the help!

On 1/24/2019 at 4:41 PM, Sneaky said:

Btw you updating your 1492? As you can add events like collapse of Aztec, Inca etc.

On 1/24/2019 at 4:41 PM, Sneaky said:

Also, the sepoy mutiny didn't not seem to be happening in all of my save, and btw is Guangxi submission bugged? It seems that Guangxi still have few provinces left after the annexation, thanks 

On 1/25/2019 at 6:59 PM, Istria said:

Btw you updating your 1492? As you can add events like collapse of Aztec, Inca etc.

Not my focus at the moment.

On 1/25/2019 at 7:03 PM, Istria said:

Also, the sepoy mutiny didn't not seem to be happening in all of my save, and btw is Guangxi submission bugged? It seems that Guangxi still have few provinces left after the annexation, thanks 

I'll check it.

On 2/1/2019 at 4:10 AM, Istria said:

Hi, is the release of new version close? 

Haven't been working on the mod much since the editor is half-broken. I'll definitely work again once Lukasz fixed the bugs in the editor, but until then, I can't really add the events I want (or fix the current events, for that matter), meaning there's not much point in updating at the moment. Sorry, but that's simply the truth at the moment.

I'm still really grateful you've had an interest in this mod, and I'm 100% not abandoning it completely unless Lukasz abandons AOC2, which I hope he won't.

Edited by Sneaky

• Popular Now

• Our picks

• AoH3 – Help with translation of the Game
      Hi, I need your help translating the Age of History 3 to your native language.
      Your translation into your native language would be very helpful! ❤️

In the attachment is a file with new texts in the game to be translated.

How to make translation:

In the file there is list of texts in the game

The Left side is the key, do not change it!

The right side of each line after = is the translation to your language

Example:

ChooseAnAdvisorToHire = Choose an Advisor to Hire

ChooseAnAdvisorToHire is the key, don't change it

Correctly made translation:

ChooseAnAdvisorToHire = Your translated text
      ClickToHireAnAdvisor = Your translated text
      ClickToFireAnAdvisor = Your translated text

etc.

ShiftClickToInvestXTimes = Shift + Click to invest {0} times

In the place of {0} will be placed number or text

PerformTheActionXTimes = Perform the action {0,choice,0#{0} times|1#{0} time|1<{0,number,integer} times}

For now the game is translated to: Only English language!

translation.txt
      • 651 replies
    • Bloody Europe II | New update
      Bloody Europe II - it's a mod with a huge map of Europe.

In these mod is:
      -Giant map of Europe (4434 provinces) + big map of Europe (2637 provinces) + large map of German Empire (937 provinces)

-Large count of scenarios from ancient times to alternative future

-New fonts and music

-Plenty of new civilizations, form civs and union

-You will see changes in the game code that will change the game significantly
      • 1,751 replies
    • Events - Common events for every civilization in the game
      Hi,
      in this topic, I am interested in your ideas for events that can happen for every Civilization in the game.
      I'm also interested in Missions for every Civilization.

Here is some example, have more than 10k army, have more than 5000 gold, build 10 buildings, recruit an Advisor, increase tax efficiency 20 times, be largest  producer of some resource in the world, unlock 5 Civilization legacies etc.
      • 169 replies
    • First preview of the Alpha version of Age of History 3
      First preview of the Alpha version of Age of History 3, YouTube.
      Release date: When it's ready 😛 Subscribe for more!

• 183 replies
    • Land units - Ideas AoH3
      AoH3 will have different types of land units.

In this topic we will write ideas for new land units. 

So the AoH 3 will have new battle system.

Representation of the battlefield in the game.

Land units will be grouped into 3 types. Each unit will have a different recruitment cost, attack, defense, movement speed and upkeep.

Groups determine the placement of units on the battlefield.

Each unit can be unlocked by researching technology and then upgraded.

Here is the current list of units with upgrades:

First line:

Warrior -> Light Footmen -> Heavy Infantry -> Infantry -> Line Infantry -> Modern Infantry

Hoplites -> Spearmen -> Pikeman -> Elite Pikeman -> Musketeer -> Riflemen -> Mechanized Infantry -> Modern Mechanized Infantry

First line side:

Horseman -> Elite Horseman -> Cavalry -> Tank -> Modern Tank

Second line:

Archer -> Bowmen -> Crossbowman -> Elite Crossbowman

Canon -> Field Cannon -> Artillery -> Modern Artillery

Early Airplane -> Airplane -> Modern Airplane

This is a very early version, so maybe something should be changed?

Or maybe an idea for a new type of unit with upgrades? I'm waiting for your suggestions.

• 206 replies

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Age of History Games