Age of History 3
Jakubson

AOH2 trojan virus with update

Question

6 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Jakubson said:

Hey so um on steam it showed me update for aoh2 and after i updated and launched the game it windows defender showed me a trojan file that was in aoh2 (aocII)folder luckily antivirus reacted fast and quickly deleted it.

Does anybody knows what was the issue?

False positive

Yes, it happened to me too! I've been playing with the addon+ mod. Today, aoh 2 crashed during the game, and the system said it was a Trojan. after checking, I reopened the game, but the addon+ disappeared, as did my progress (At first I thought it was because of the addon+

Every time I try to open the game it starts downloading an update and when it finishes I get a disk read error and my anti-virus says that it has detected threats, when I look at the details, it says there's a trojan on my computer. When I tried to open the game through files(without steam) then it appeared normal, but after closing it the anti-virus again detects a trojan.

21 hours ago, Julikos said:

Every time I try to open the game it starts downloading an update and when it finishes I get a disk read error and my anti-virus says that it has detected threats, when I look at the details, it says there's a trojan on my computer. When I tried to open the game through files(without steam) then it appeared normal, but after closing it the anti-virus again detects a trojan.

the anti virus detects any file not recognizsed by windows as a trojan, it's a shitty system

On 2/22/2024 at 12:02 PM, Julikos said:

now it works normally for some reason.