Age of History 3
Łukasz Jakowski

Age of History 3 - Publisher?

Well, it would be nice if you could keep the franchise as you want, without changing the essence of the game. Age of History would certainly gain more popularity since Paradox is the most well-known publisher of gsg games and has the most played games in the genre today. The terms agreed upon between you and Paradox are the determining factor.
You are the one who knows best what decision to make since it's your business. Do what you think is best for you and your game franchise

First, obviously, read what they offer and you decide if it's a good option. 

But I don't know what to say, on the one hand it's the biggest company that has been playing this type of games for years, but then there's the dlc's that literally a crusial update becomes a very expensive dlc for something useless

I wouldn’t want you to work with Paradox Interactive, yes they have their pros and cons, they are monopolists in the field of the launch strategy genre, maybe the game will come out before working with this company and there will be more content, but I wouldn’t want to see that Paradox Interactive published Age of History 3

Salvete amicis, I think you don't need a game publisher because it will ruin your independence and your creativity.

I know paradox is a big company who made a lot of games but this is your Idea and this should be respected, because your community doesn't need paradox we are your followers because what you made by your own and we like your developing skills and what you made since now also giving a chance to paradox games enterprise will be the worst case also I have to say that i'm respecting your decisions about whatever you gonna do. But remeber we like this franchise because what you have been done.

Posted (edited)

I would say no. Assuming this is real, DLCs kill games.

Edited by Spinos
I am stupid and placed an incorrect word :/

12 hours ago, Kiwi said:

My Discord Friends voted on this and this was the result 

Screenshot_20240504_104026_Discord.jpg

eu só acho que com uma publicadora, o jogo pode ficar mais caro e não queremos que a paradox monetize até o último pixeel do jogo (e sem falar das DLC's)

11 hours ago, daniiiiiii said:

eu só acho que com uma publicadora, o jogo pode ficar mais caro e não queremos que a paradox monetize até o último pixeel do jogo (e sem falar das DLC's)

Cara, mas se o Łukasz aceitar acredito que como jogador, ele provavelmente não iria querer Dlc's ele pode ter a paradox fazendo pressão para isso, porém ele sabe que a maioria iria piratear nós 2 como brasileiros, sabemos como é caro agora, os próprios gringos estão começando a achar caro, Łukasz não é mercenário! 

On 5/3/2024 at 3:59 AM, marek12345 said:

Countless paid DLC's for basic game functions, here we come

Messege to everyone in this thread: yall dont know how a publisher works apparently... paradox is not gonna own the game, its just gonna publish it under their name for bigger reach, chill down

Publishers take a negotiated cut. They can assist if he wants to hire someone to help him. Hence we get more devs on the game

Mostly up to him. Publisher would help but if he doesn't want to give up money on his passion project or keep it cheap. He may price the game higher if a Publisher gets involved. He can do what he wants

In terms of the dlc worry: then dw Paradox makes DLC only for games from its own studios, not for 3rd-party games. To do this with AoH3, they first need to buy Lukasz (more precisely, his LukaszJakowskiGames) and make it a new internal studio

Lukas is thinking of adding dlc anyways so chill 

1 minute ago, xox said:

Messege to everyone in this thread: yall dont know how a publisher works apparently... paradox is not gonna own the game, its just gonna publish it under their name for bigger reach, chill down

Publishers take a negotiated cut. They can assist if he wants to hire someone to help him. Hence we get more devs on the game

Mostly up to him. Publisher would help but if he doesn't want to give up money on his passion project or keep it cheap. He may price the game higher if a Publisher gets involved. He can do what he wants

In terms of the dlc worry: then dw Paradox makes DLC only for games from its own studios, not for 3rd-party games. To do this with AoH3, they first need to buy Lukasz (more precisely, his LukaszJakowskiGames) and make it a new internal studio

Lukas is thinking of adding dlc anyways so chill 

@marek12345 @Łukasz Jakowski @ThatTest @Rodak Polak @YusufAliDE @qluum @Wayne23lololh @Edmilson Gomes @Unity @qxz @Mov @Dipto479 @Hitler the secend @OwnM3Z0 @uwut @ZingZong @Outlawexperience @anonymous8 @muhoaga @GyLala @paul2kdj @Kerem Yılmaz @Shinayu @Thefernofrommars @KartBlaster @QuiteCloth @fthcly @Kiwi @Apple @Danielkyle990 @Joaoj @FlaWer @Shiite @Comrade_Parrot @Mirolit @Noobs Dudes @Reza Shah @Big Floppa @Dani Metz @euro @RostislavMerte @Spinos

On 5/2/2024 at 2:07 PM, Thefernofrommars said:

I wouldn't recommend paradox interactive, they're known for ruining franchises by greed. Although it'd definitely get the game out there, it'd be a massive gamble on if they force you to pump out 40 DLCs or not.

I'd recommend contacting 'Aquila Interactive', you can find them on discord through their current game project 'Gilded Destiny'

I feel like the whole helldivers situation is sort of a omen for what's to come if AOH3 gets published by a similarly-greedy publisher