Age of History 3
Mirolit

Will "global events" be possible in AoH3?

Question

Posted (edited)

I know that many people from community asked for such a feature to appear in AoH2. So will it be possible to create events that aren't tied to a specific civilization (triggered for all civilizations at once, for example, "important" events and informational events) in AoH3?

Personally, I think that conditional binding of events (i.e. the ability to set the same event at once for any/all civilizations that meet certain conditions, for example: having a certain ideology, researching a certain technology or controlling a specific province. In other words, about the way it's done in Victoria 3) would be much more convenient (as it would eliminate the need to repeatedly clone events to provide for all possible situations), but i suppose this is too complex and far from the current event system, unlike the "global events"

Edited by Mirolit

22 answers to this question

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, xox said:

savaşlar, kara ölüm, haçlı seferleri, moğolların yükselişi, reqconquestia, konstanipole'nin devrimi vb. gibi küresel olayları neden ekleyemiyorsunuz? Oyun neden hoi4, ck2, ck3 ve eu4 gibi oyun yaratıcısı tarafından doğal olarak olayların ve savaşlarla dolu bir oyun olmak yerine çoğu basit temellerden ibaret olmak zorunda ve ayrılmakta daha da da ayrılıyor?

Absolutely I agree, But adding these can be difficult

Edited by Anyone

Posted (edited)

hoi4 like newspaper events and news events like in eu4 & like major events of crusades rise of mongols and plague in ck2, well i hope so lol that this game has those lol

Edited by xox

2 hours ago, Mirolit said:

I know that many people from community asked for such a feature to appear in AoH2. So will it be possible to create events that aren't tied to a specific civilization (triggered for all civilizations at once, for example, "important" events and informational events) in AoH3?

In AoH 2 it's only possible to select one recipient, and the 'Neutral' recipient doesn't seem to work. I hope this is fixed in AoH 3. 

Since now events are in text files, could be something like 'recipient=all' to send it to every civilization, or 'recipient=tag1;tag2;tag3' to send it to selected civilizations.

58 minutes ago, Łukasz Jakowski said:

O que esses eventos fazem? Alguns exemplos?

Existem eventos globais para alterar o preço dos bens.

I believe it is just a type of information, for example: Germany Declares war on the Soviet Union. the event would only appear if a country with a "Power" status departed, that is, we won't have the type: Guyana Declares war in Bahamas 

1 hour ago, OwnM3Z0 said:

global news/popup events for news, maybe event's informing the world when two great powers go to war for example (this is an example for a mod)

also please add removing cores as an event outcome

And also add "add core" event outcome

5 hours ago, Łukasz Jakowski said:

What these events do? Some examples?

There are global events for changing price of goods.

black death, crusades, major wars, silk road closes/opens, fall of major cities like berlin moscow london constanipole grenada, cordoba,mapajahit builds and falls of wonders, major revoluations like 1917 one asssaination/deaths of leaders of countries condired to be major or superpower leaders etc

5 hours ago, Łukasz Jakowski said:

Such events usually contain only one outcome ("OK" or something like that), as they are usually informational in nature. They can, for example, contain the background to the scenario (if triggered shortly after the start of the campaign), they can simulate international news (for example, report on natural disasters like volcanic eruptions), they can simply be a trigger plug for chains of other events, etc. Alternatively, they can be used to fine-tune scenarios already during the game.

In short, such events are needed when it's necessary that some kind of information (or some kind of universal event, for example, a change in resource prices) appeared for all civilizations at once, not just for one.

12 hours ago, OwnM3Z0 said:

global news/popup events for news, maybe event's informing the world when two great powers go to war for example (this is an example for a mod)

gang i think i have beef with lukasz now 💀

15 minutes ago, Łukasz Jakowski said:

So, there are events like this in the game. Special group of events(folder with events) which are global.

They are used to change the prices of goods for all civilizations, but can be used as normal events or information.

dziękuję

1 hour ago, xox said:

why cant u add global events like wars black death crusades rise of mongols reqconquestia fall of constanipole etc lukas? why does the game mostly have to be simply basics and left for community to devolop further instead of being a game full of events and wars naturally added in by the game creator just like hoi4, ck2, ck3 & eu4

You think 1 person will add all of that

2 hours ago, xox said:

why cant u add global events like wars black death crusades rise of mongols reqconquestia fall of constanipole etc lukas? why does the game mostly have to be simply basics and left for community to devolop further instead of being a game full of events and wars naturally added in by the game creator just like hoi4, ck2, ck3 & eu4

SHUT UP THIS GAME IS NOT HOI4

1 hour ago, Outlawexperience said:

no just a few of the major ones lol not all obvoiusly

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, xox said:

I think you don't understand that features need to be coded in, and it requires some knowledge to implement, Lukasz can't just add every feature possible in the entire game. Even companies like Paradox Interactive can't do that, let alone a single developer with limited resources.

In all honesty, this community needs to lower their demands and lower expectations for an indie game developer...

Edited by qxz

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, qxz said:

I think you don't understand that features need to be coded in, and it requires some knowledge to implement, Lukasz can't just add every feature possible in the entire game. Even companies like Paradox Interactive can't do that, let alone a single developer with limited resources.

In all honesty, this community needs to lower their demands and lower expectations for an indie game developer...

i mean a hsitorical game has to have atleast a few events coded in tho, not be basically a empty game with simply some mechnics/core mechnics and nothign else it feels empty and  made for community to devolop most of its feautrues it should feel like full and like that it has content and not solely relay on the community bro yk

Edited by xox

5 hours ago, Outlawexperience said:

Adding it as an event shouldn't be too difficult.

20 hours ago, Łukasz Jakowski said:

Information about for example a Civil War in Spain or the start of a Big war like WW2.Maybe something like a global economic crysis too

4 minutes ago, Łukasz Jakowski said:

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Łukasz Jakowski said:

So, there are events like this in the game. Special group of events(folder with events) which are global.

They are used to change the prices of goods for all civilizations, but can be used as normal events or information.

Edited by xox