Age of History 3
Sneaky

Coat of Arms: 1836.

(p.s. image quality isn't /that/ good because i'm on a 1366x768 monitor. my 1920x1080 one will arrive tomorrow, so yeah)

20190108181046_1222.thumb.jpg.1b6ff68bd2d0921576a998c82234feac.jpg

Coat of Arms: 1836

The Era of Industrialization

Lead your nation through a dangerous, yet prosperous era as you try your best to meddle in political affairs, either peacefully, or if it comes to it, by force. The Revolution ended over 20 years ago, yet the ideas of it live on, as the common class start questioning their government and turning to the ideas of liberalism, with a few even turning to the views of Karl Marx.

It is a strange, and yet rather short period in the time of nations, yet, it will influence everything else that comes by. Will you play as the King of Prussia and unite the German Confederation under one flag, or will you control the prospering United States of America, perhaps leading it into a darker path of jingoism and imperialism? The choice is yours, but be careful - you're not the only one with ambitions in this world.

Features:

• A map very hugely based on the one found in Victoria II, featuring a rather disunited China, the slowly unifying Italian and German regions, up to the Americas where the American-Mexican tensions are as high as ever.
  • A dynamic event-chain for the unification of Germany. German states have the option to deny the option to join the North German Confederation, but also suffer penalties since the people of Germany want to unite as one.
  • Also features event chains for the unification of Italy (which is not dynamic, but if people want it, I might make it so) and the centralization of China. There are also many other events, such as the Texan War of Independence and its addition as the 28th state of the US, not to mention the American Civil War.
  • Some placeholder countries in Asia (which is a bad feature, but one I'm planning to fix, but not high priority at the moment)

Planned Features:

I know a big list of planned features is kinda bad, since, more often than not, large projects get abandoned, but when you're depicting something as large as the 19th century, you really have no other choice, not to mention these may change under strange circumstances. Anyways, as for planned features:

• Changes to castles to decrease their cost, increase their effectiveness and rename them to trenches to better reflect the very costly wars of early 20th century, primarily the Great War.
  • A crisis system, where certain flashpoints (such as the balkans, poland, eastern europe, et cetera) might cause a great power to either grant autonomy to one of their minorities, or deny and risk a war with other great powers.
  • Various random events and event chains to increase the flavor of the scenario. Things such as the Russian Revolution, formation of the British Raj., Japanese Westernization, as well as events that depict the Industrial Revolution by increasing economy and the likes.
  • "AI mode" where some restrictions for forming Germany are removed so it forms much more often.
  • Modded terrain to better replicate regions that saw especially heavy urbanization and industrialization, such as the Ruhr.
  • Remove some of the placeholder countries in Asia and replace them with the correct ones.

Of course, it's prone to change and I might add more, but I am trying to keep it not too railroaded as to make it actually fun.

Download:

Version 1.0: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-JHS4lTzdwpRp1uTwEGJuqjk2h_vtRqn + the required 2 civilizations https://drive.google.com/open?id=1B70NoLUdVY9UqoFKYV05PrrCGh99qgys (put the 2 folders inside the latter download into civilizations_editor)

NOTE: When you download the scenario itself, rename the folder called "1836_1.0" to "1543173432500wgzxkzbo". I'll fix it once I upload version 1.1

The version isn't final at all, and some events might be bugged. If you find anything not working the way it should be, feel free to notify me and I'll fix it.

Personal/final notes:

I very much know that various other people are working on a 1836 scenario, but this is simply my personal take on it. I've been working on a scenario like this bit by bit since I got the game, and way before the community version got added into the game. Nevertheless, since this is a 1836 scenario with my own personal touch, I'm still looking forward to making and finishing it.

Oh, and mind the title - "Coat of Arms: 1836". I'm looking to make other scenarios with different names under the same tag, as to personalize all my scenarios. The other scenario that I've basically finished is "Coat of Arms: 1492", which only takes places on the Americas with the main focus on Spanish colonists, but also features the arrival of English, French, Portuguese and even colonists from Courland, although that'll release at a later date.

Edited by Sneaky

23 minutes ago, MatijaVojnic said:

Its cool, but I still don't see difference between this and Victorian Era scenario.

The tl;dr version is that this features events, the one currently in the game doesn't.

Longer version:

• US controls less colonies.
  • India isn't fully united.
  • China isn't fully united.
  • Germany has different countries within it.
  • Prussia gets an event if they conquer Saxony and Holstein to form the North German Confederation.
  • The NGC gets an event to form the German Empire if they conquer Alsace-Lorraine.
  • Sardinia-Piedmont has events to form the Unified Provinces of Central Italy, and later Italy itself.
  • There's events for Texas to join the US, as well as their intervention in the Mexican-American war.
  • Event for US to get cores of all of the currently-owned US lands. Manifest Destiny.
  • Once it advances in tech enough, China gets an event to fully centralize.

The maps are similar, but that shouldn't come as a surprise.

Edited by Sneaky

1 hour ago, Sneaky said:

The tl;dr version is that this features events, the one currently in the game doesn't.

Longer version:

• US controls less colonies.
  • India isn't fully united.
  • China isn't fully united.
  • Germany has different countries within it.
  • Prussia gets an event if they conquer Saxony and Holstein to form the North German Confederation.
  • The NGC gets an event to form the German Empire if they conquer Alsace-Lorraine.
  • Sardinia-Piedmont has events to form the Unified Provinces of Central Italy, and later Italy itself.
  • There's events for Texas to join the US, as well as their intervention in the Mexican-American war.
  • Event for US to get cores of all of the currently-owned US lands. Manifest Destiny.
  • Once it advances in tech enough, China gets an event to fully centralize.

The maps are similar, but that shouldn't come as a surprise.

thanks. How you made a Form country quest

Currently working on Update 1.1: The Forgotten East, featuring:

• The Meiji Restoration, which starts an event chain of various reforms Japan can enact, each boosting Japans technology significantly at the cost of severe happiness penalties;
  • The Taiping Revolution;
  • Coal, Iron and their appropriate hill/mountain version terrains, featuring significant boosts for provinces with coal, not to mention industrial centres such as the Ruhr;
  • Some of the placebo civilizations in India being removed and replaced with the correct countries;
  • Events for Japanese colonization of nearby islands without needing the necessary technology;
  • Formation of the British Raj.;
  • Various other flavor events for the countries of the East.

Stay tuned!

To not spam the thread, I've created a club for another who's interested in this scenario. I'll only be posting here for updates or replying to.. replies and alike. It already has a progress report on 1.1

Edited by Sneaky

On 1/11/2019 at 7:36 PM, hassan said:

Can you post instructions on how to install the files into the game?

Sorry for the late response.

All you need to do is:

1. Install the files in both of the google drive links;
  2. Go to to Steam, right click on AoC2 and press properties.
  3. Go to LOCAL FILEs and press "Browse Local Files"
  4. Go to map/Earth/scenarios and put the folder named "1836_1.0" inside it.
  5. Then go to game/civilizations_editor/ and put the 2 folders inside the folder called "1836_Civs_1.0" inside there.

If you're still having problems, please notify me.

1 hour ago, Sneaky said:

Sorry for the late response.

All you need to do is:

1. Install the files in both of the google drive links;
  2. Go to to Steam, right click on AoC2 and press properties.
  3. Go to LOCAL FILEs and press "Browse Local Files"
  4. Go to map/Earth/scenarios and put the folder named "1836_1.0" inside it.
  5. Then go to game/civilizations_editor/ and put the 2 folders inside the folder called "1836_Civs_1.0" inside there.

If you're still having problems, please notify me.

I sent you a pm

Well, update 1.1 is coming closer and closer again. As I've stated above, if you want more information on how updates are coming along, feel free to join the Coat of Arms club here:

However, there's one thing I want to share

here, and that is the number of events I've made so far for update 1.1. Everything in a red rectangle shown below is a new events.

events1.thumb.png.fbf4ea9741d8f5d537a0096edb72fc0b.png

events2.thumb.png.847f28708895514393a90300db05cf0b.png

events3.thumb.png.f0eaac7d206b0467075e0db2a3af55d0.png

events4.thumb.png.907cfb70991db88b0039b836ee591424.png

So it's safe to say that this is a really large update, and I hope you guys are looking forward to it! If you want to know more what all these events are about, as I've mentioned, my club is the best place to look.

Why do not add a event for United Kingdom named Canadian Independance ?

Choices :

Let the Canadians be independant 

No way ! Canada is ours

Edited by XGamer50

21 hours ago, XGamer50 said:

Why do not add a event for United Kingdom named Canadian Independance ?

Choices :

Let the Canadians be independant 

No way ! Canada is ours

That'll be in an update focused on the UK.

Nice scenario!

I am curious, in your Coat of Arms: 1492, do you, or will you ever (I know it is kind of far fetched but) have an event for the American Revolutionary War, It would be kind of cool.

3 hours ago, Glisterr said:

Nice scenario!

I am curious, in your Coat of Arms: 1492, do you, or will you ever (I know it is kind of far fetched but) have an event for the American Revolutionary War, It would be kind of cool.

Already do, actually.

Although, as I said in the threat, 1492 isn't my focus atm. Glad to hear you like the scenario, though.

Edited by Sneaky

You can find more information in my club, but I'm releasing a pre-release version of update 1.1 to compensate for the lack of updates recently because of personal reasons. This isn't the final update and may have bugs, so please send me any you find!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=16mIfjSS1DC9l6Jyk7KRPxkh81Pzl6i8O

Another reason for this is because 1.0 is so bland when compared to 1.1, and 1.1 is just generally more fleshed out. Have fun!

1 minute ago, Sneaky said:

You can find more information in my club, but I'm releasing a pre-release version of update 1.1 to compensate for the lack of updates recently because of personal reasons. This isn't the final update and may have bugs, so please send me any you find!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=16mIfjSS1DC9l6Jyk7KRPxkh81Pzl6i8O

Another reason for this is because 1.0 is so bland when compared to 1.1, and 1.1 is just generally more fleshed out. Have fun!

Hurrah!!!!!

I can`t open it. The game crashes intantly if I try to play the scenario. (I already renamed it)

Edited by luke.grxn