Age of History 3
Cayo

What I think I should have in AOC2

I know that the chances of the game being updated are very slim, but I did not do this topic thinking about having a hope of it being updated, but whether you agree with my suggestions or not.

I'm not going to ask the game for new mechanics because I know it takes time to make them, nor will I criticize AI's mistakes (if I talk about AI I'll write an encyclopedia here) and try to keep the game simple. I will focus only on the existing mechanisms (including those hidden in the game folder) asking for some improvements:

1º - More detailed colonization

The idea of colonization is to be simple, and I think this is cool, however, it could have more details. Like what then? As many have said here on the forum, from a certain number of colonial provinces a colonial nation would emerge; something very similar to the EUIV.
    Perhaps this is the most impactful change on this list, since it would have to work on many mechanics.

2nd - More options for triggers and decisions at events

New triggers: having a library / university / laboratory; province by region; level of war exhaustion; nation controls such a province (non-specific).

New decisions: change the nation's leader; add / remove a building; decrease / increase war exhaustion; add / remove risk of revolt; add revolts (by province); give and remove money / declare war / sign treaty / enter a truce with the provincial owner (non-specific);

U:   But isn't that already? Not the way I propose. For this to happen in the normal way, it is necessary to choose nation X, which controls the province, and nation Y which is going to do something. This limits the creation of events a lot, because if I put this decision / trigger and the nation I choose to lose control of this province the event becomes useless. Even if you can solve this by putting owner as "neutral" it still does not solve it. I will cite an example: the purchase of Macau by Portugal in the scenario of 1440.
In the event editor I will have to make Portugal lose that amount of money and Ming receive that amount to simulate a purchase and choose to "attach province". When it comes to who controls Macau, I put Ming and the new owner will be Portugal. But what if when the event happens, Macau is with Dai Viet? The event becomes useless.
How would it look the way I propose? Portugal would stay with Macau and the owner would receive the money, no matter who it is.

3rd - Strongest revolts

The revolts are pathetic; they only work if the country that suffers from them is broken - very broken - otherwise it can get rid of the rebels very easily. So just buff the riots.
    Oh, and another thing: revolts take a long time to happen, so this also has to be fixed.

4th - Individual alliances

Seriously, this needs to be implemented in the game urgently. It is ridiculous that the only way to form alliances is through blocks. This gets in the way of gameplay a lot. If I'm allied with Spain and want to join Germany too, I can't, because she doesn't have good relations with my ally.
    So if there was a way to form individual alliances, I could join Germany without it joining Spain - just like EUIV (EUIV again?).

5th - Religions

Without a doubt, religions would make the game even more complete. And they were almost not implemented in the final version of the game.
    If we go to the AOC2 folders, we will find a folder with the icons of the religions. And if we go to read the "Bundle" file, we will find a religion editor.
    I don't think it's something that needs to be urgently added to AOC2, but if it exists, put it on!

6th - Reactors and nuclear bombs and espionage

As I already showed in a topic here on the forum, these three are hidden in the "bundle" file.
    They are totally unnecessary mechanics; what would espionage help? But as the three are in the same situation as religions, then they must be added to the game.

7th - Embassy

Yes, it also exists within the game. I don't know what that could do, but if it's in the files, it has to be in the game too.

Well these are my ideas, I tried to make suggestions that were not so aggressive to the point of having to create a new mechanics to the game. So what did you think?

Edited by Cayo
Wrote A Wrong Word; I didn't like the title xD; more informations

Trade routes and trade leagues

The trade routes were in the game plans, but have been removed - they say it was because of bugs. I'm not going to detail what I want, because here is a perfect topic on this topic: Trade Routes

Along with the addition of trade routes, trade leagues could also come. The game would be more complete if there was this option of having commercial allies.

Bonuses to join a commercial league:

• Each participating nation will have a bonus of +20 relationship points;
  • The chances of doing business with a participating member are increased by 50%;
  • The gains from the trade route increase by 15% if in the commercial area you are in, there is a participating member (per ally).
  • You receive a bonus of 5% commercial gains in your ally's commercial zone, if he is not in the same zone as you (per ally).

I'm not good at that part of pros and cons, right? Forgive me.

Modifiers to join / create a league (only the leader can add new members):

• Friend or ally: +50
  • Good relations: +25
  • Neutral ratios (0/20): -20 / -10
  • Bad ratios (-100 / -1): -1000
  • More than 10 members: -10 (increases by x1.5 per member over the limit)
  • Commercial power of the leader compared to the target nation (similar to the "strength of civilization"): if strong greater: +15 / if less: -15

More organized event editor.

Currently, events are organized from the oldest to the most recent. In the long run, this ends up getting in the way a little. There should be a way to organize events by country, for example. This would make it much easier when organizing events.

Mission tree.

I believe you have already requested this but I would like to suggest adding a mission tree for the countries. That would make the game MUCH more interesting.