Age of History 3
Magolor

Age of Modding: A revolutional PC Modding assistant

7 hours ago, Magolor said:

I was not releasing these as an out-of-box game base, I was posting because someone asked. It was meant to be a (very low-quality) tutorial. If you have spare time, you can download recaf and try to play with it, and it will be easy to change things like war declaration turns.

If you need me to carry out the changes, I'm sorry to say that I have been busy with works these days. I will see to it in a month or two.

That's perfectly fine take all the time you want I have far too much work myself as well lol

On 10/14/2021 at 12:58 PM, Magolor said:

Use recaf.

About the war issue, currently I am not changing the game speed but the minimal number of turns allowed before declaring war. Which could also be done easily using recaf.

Maybe its off-top, but I did some things. Very thanks for the tip.
1298434823_javaw2021-11-0822-49-08-735.thumb.jpg.ed50d020ca02d3728ef424f250a94309.jpg

Now player can't declare war for 999999 turns lmao. Anyway I didn't fined how to "turn off" button in the menu yet. But again thanks for the tip.

On 11/9/2021 at 4:15 AM, Cvekla said:

Maybe its off-top, but I did some things. Very thanks for the tip.
1298434823_javaw2021-11-0822-49-08-735.thumb.jpg.ed50d020ca02d3728ef424f250a94309.jpg

Now player can't declare war for 999999 turns lmao. Anyway I didn't fined how to "turn off" button in the menu yet. But again thanks for the tip.

How? I tried opening it in recaf and there was just so much stuff, could you maybe send a short video or picture with what to edit, and where?

5 hours ago, yeetboi said:

How? I tried opening it in recaf and there was just so much stuff, could you maybe send a short video or picture with what to edit, and where?

Well, you need to use Recaf or another Java decompiler (https://github.com/Col-E/Recaf this good imo) to decompile Java and check what classes you need for your mod. After this I used IntellijIDEA to change code and recompile class again to change it in AoC.jar file. It's not hard but you need to know Java ofc, because decompiler can make mistakes. Anyway I used Minecraft plugin decompile tutorial (on russian) but, maybe it can help (here it is).

@Magolor I see that you are active again, in case you began working on the jar file again, I just wanted to re-list all the things that would be useful for the mod. I will not list everything as I don't need everything for the jar file, just a few features. Also, please don't make a new jar file, just add the features on top of the one you last sent to somebody in the thread (with the broadcast thingy)

The 2 below this are ones I know are do-able, so it should be easy to work out. If you can't work out how to do the maybe not do-able ones, doing the 2 below are just ok as well. 

-Vassals never turn on you

-Unlimited (99999999) turns before war 

-Change minimum army to attack to 500 or 1000 

-Custom Loading Screen (let there be an image when you load into the game)

Now everything below here may not be do-able, but would be great if you could anyways.

-Disabling of various diplomatic actions (peace negotiations during war, improve relations and insult, trade, ask/give military access, release a vassal etc.)

-Custom event triggers/actions (for example, playing a sound effect or song when an event shows up or is clicked)

-Custom GUI (???) (Eg, decisions menu in hoi4, or you could change the diplomatic view screen of countries to look more like hoi4 tno, where the ideology icons are clear and well-sized, and various information of the country are listed very neatly)

-Custom features (frontline in hoi4, which makes all troops go along the border of a country automatically, and other examples)

EDIT: I came across a mod that is still in the works known as "The new world order" you can find the thread for it somewhere in the website but in the latest showcase video there was a custom loading screen when you booted into the game, since that feature, like your broadcast event feature, have both never been seen before in aoc2 modding, I feel like you should get in contact with the modder of that mod and you could both learn something extra and collaborate so that future mods will have more content and yeah. (He is going to make a discord server in the future so maybe if you want to continue developing your own mod you could wait until he makes the server and join...)

Edited by yeetboi

On 12/23/2021 at 12:48 PM, Hydromite said:

I'm making a Saare County map, but there's a problem with the line map. Every time I load in my line map, when I click "Open Line Map", it's just a black png with nothing on it. Here's the line map I am using:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kZUkKfxIw4BQRoA6uJr2khjeDDYTMwo6/view?usp=sharing

Please use the new 0.9.8.0 update and see if the problem still occurs

On 12/23/2021 at 8:25 AM, yeetboi said:

@Magolor I see that you are active again, in case you began working on the jar file again, I just wanted to re-list all the things that would be useful for the mod. I will not list everything as I don't need everything for the jar file, just a few features. Also, please don't make a new jar file, just add the features on top of the one you last sent to somebody in the thread (with the broadcast thingy)

The 2 below this are ones I know are do-able, so it should be easy to work out. If you can't work out how to do the maybe not do-able ones, doing the 2 below are just ok as well. 

Now everything below here may not be do-able, but would be great if you could anyways.

-Disabling of various diplomatic actions (peace negotiations during war, improve relations and insult, trade, ask/give military access, release a vassal etc.)

-Custom event triggers/actions (for example, playing a sound effect or song when an event shows up or is clicked)

-Custom GUI (???) (Eg, decisions menu in hoi4, or you could change the diplomatic view screen of countries to look more like hoi4 tno, where the ideology icons are clear and well-sized, and various information of the country are listed very neatly)

-Custom features (frontline in hoi4, which makes all troops go along the border of a country automatically, and other examples)

EDIT: I came across a mod that is still in the works known as "The new world order" you can find the thread for it somewhere in the website but in the latest showcase video there was a custom loading screen when you booted into the game, since that feature, like your broadcast event feature, have both never been seen before in aoc2 modding, I feel like you should get in contact with the modder of that mod and you could both learn something extra and collaborate so that future mods will have more content and yeah. (He is going to make a discord server in the future so maybe if you want to continue developing your own mod you could wait until he makes the server and join...)

↑These can be easily done.

↑These might be doable but may take long time to look into, I'm not sure whether I will be able to finish these before Feburary (with all the other works ongoing).

↑This can be done using a easy trick: a event that decreases diplomacy points -10 for each turn. Or I can modify the code to raise the point cost of the actions.

- Custom GUI (???) (Eg, decisions menu in hoi4, or you could change the diplomatic view screen of countries to look more like hoi4 tno, where the ideology icons are clear and well-sized, and various information of the country are listed very neatly)

↑This does not rely on source code, you can edit in GUI, and it is already done in many many mods.

↑This is also something that I want, but it is not likely to be possible.

↑Maybe checkout Overhaul mod, they are working on these (i.e.: copying HOI4 features, the biggest focus might be Decision Tree, I'm not sure about frontline features). I'm also following their work personally. Let's wait and support them together.

Edited by Magolor

1 hour ago, Magolor said:

↑These can be easily done.

↑These might be doable but may take long time to look into, I'm not sure whether I will be able to finish these before Feburary (with all the other works ongoing).

↑This can be done using a easy trick: a event that decreases diplomacy points -10 for each turn. Or I can modify the code to raise the point cost of the actions.

- Custom GUI (???) (Eg, decisions menu in hoi4, or you could change the diplomatic view screen of countries to look more like hoi4 tno, where the ideology icons are clear and well-sized, and various information of the country are listed very neatly)

↑This does not rely on source code, you can edit in GUI, and it is already done in many many mods.

↑This is also something that I want, but it is not likely to be possible.

↑Maybe checkout Overhaul mod, they are working on these (i.e.: copying HOI4 features, the biggest focus might be Decision Tree, I'm not sure about frontline features). I'm also following their work personally. Let's wait and support them together.

Thanks man, do everything that you think will be doable, and also the reason I put loading screen into the doable ones was because it was actually done by the guy who made The New World Order mod, if you get into contact with him like I already have on discord, he says he will soon release a tutorial on it so maybe you two could collaborate, it seems like a good idea: 

this is the forum link and the video with the loading screen in question: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=212&v=bDyESkU0cC0&feature=emb_title 

btw, could you give some examples of mods that have custom guis? I haven't found any yet, I don't mean changing the button icons or colors, but adding something completely new. The vassals never turn on you is also definitely possible, it is somewhere in the TNO jar file which I can share with you if you want, or you could ask the tno team yourself, anyways thanks for the help, an alternative is to instead of using your own jar file you posted build it on top of the tno jar file and add the broadcast, unlimited turns before declaring war, min army to attack, etc

Edited by yeetboi

10 hours ago, Magolor said:

Please use the new 0.9.8.0 update and see if the problem still occurs

I've tried on both versions of the game, both have the same result

On 12/29/2021 at 6:00 PM, yeetboi said:

Thanks man, do everything that you think will be doable, and also the reason I put loading screen into the doable ones was because it was actually done by the guy who made The New World Order mod, if you get into contact with him like I already have on discord, he says he will soon release a tutorial on it so maybe you two could collaborate, it seems like a good idea: 

this is the forum link and the video with the loading screen in question: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=212&v=bDyESkU0cC0&feature=emb_title 

btw, could you give some examples of mods that have custom guis? I haven't found any yet, I don't mean changing the button icons or colors, but adding something completely new. The vassals never turn on you is also definitely possible, it is somewhere in the TNO jar file which I can share with you if you want, or you could ask the tno team yourself, anyways thanks for the help, an alternative is to instead of using your own jar file you posted build it on top of the tno jar file and add the broadcast, unlimited turns before declaring war, min army to attack, etc

OK, I guess that is what i am planning to do: build new system upon TNO jar file.

I'm now ready to go onto it.

However, a quick question before I start, what is better, the TNO jar file, or the BE jar file?

2 hours ago, Magolor said:

OK, I guess that is what i am planning to do: build new system upon TNO jar file.

I'm now ready to go onto it.

However, a quick question before I start, what is better, the TNO jar file, or the BE jar file?

BE probably but it personally never worked for me, i heard it has capitulation and recruiting from occupied provinces but it also has really annoying rebellions feature. TNO doesn't have capitulation and occupied province recruiting but it does still have 0% ai aggressiveness and vassals don't turn on you. 

3 hours ago, yeetboi said:

BE probably but it personally never worked for me, i heard it has capitulation and recruiting from occupied provinces but it also has really annoying rebellions feature. TNO doesn't have capitulation and occupied province recruiting but it does still have 0% ai aggressiveness and vassals don't turn on you. 

Ok, so I'm gonna try to develop on BE, but give you the one modified on TNO, right?

You need the PC version or the Android version?

On 1/10/2022 at 10:47 PM, Magolor said:

Ok, so I'm gonna try to develop on BE, but give you the one modified on TNO, right?

You need the PC version or the Android version?

PC Version. Just make sure you make the event box size exactly the same as the one you sent last time, and with the broadcast events and everything. And also for this one I just need min army to attack as 500, and unlimited turns before declaring war (just make it a large number) for now don't use the new tno jar file, I'll send you an older I used and tested.

Edited by yeetboi

12 hours ago, Hacktor said:

Also, after we make the Provinces, do we make the 
Provinces transitions, growth rates ourselves, or does the application make them?

This needs to be done by yourself.

Also, please do checkout 0.9.8.0 update, which is more stable and has more features.

10 hours ago, yeetboi said:

PC Version. Just make sure you make the event box size exactly the same as the one you sent last time, and with the broadcast events and everything. And also for this one I just need min army to attack as 500 or 1000, and unlimited turns before declaring war (just make it a large number) for now don't use the new tno jar file, I'll send you an older I used and tested.

Alright, how are you gonna send me the jar file? Google Drive?

On 12/23/2021 at 12:48 PM, Hydromite said:

I'm making a Saare County map, but there's a problem with the line map. Every time I load in my line map, when I click "Open Line Map", it's just a black png with nothing on it. Here's the line map I am using:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kZUkKfxIw4BQRoA6uJr2khjeDDYTMwo6/view?usp=sharing

Sorry for the delay.

Yes. There's definitely something wrong in your image encoding.

I threw your image into a converter (from png to png, yep), and then it works.

Then it works fine. So that image might be something that is not actually a standard png, but compressed in some way.

Now after conversion it works fine. I've attached the converted line map and the generated color map.

lin.thumb.png.2e5e00efe6a083908b475e256efa3287.png

col.png

Notice that you may need to manually handle the small glitching islands. The better way to do that is to handle the line map, remove the small glitches before feeding into AoM.

Edited by Magolor

6 hours ago, Magolor said:

Alright, how are you gonna send me the jar file? Google Drive?

No I'll just drag and drop it here, I don't have access just yet but I'll send it sometime this week

4 hours ago, yeetboi said:

No I'll just drag and drop it here, I don't have access just yet but I'll send it sometime this week

Alright. I'll just start to work other things on the newest mod? Which I assume should have the change leader feature, if I understood what you are saying correctly.