Age of History 3
Magolor

Age of Modding v0.9.8.0 Released! A revolutional PC Modding assistant UPDATE!

18 hours ago, Italian PeC said:

In the game base changer manager,  how do I make it so that event pictures arent 279 in size but way bigger

The default event picture is 512×96,I have modified a version (i.e.: 2.0.0.1), which supports 640×360.

You can also use the picture manager to batch convert all event pictures to 640×360 or any other size.

This Game Base Manager is only a primitive version, for more flexibility (e.g.: custom event picture size), please wait for later versions.

Edited by Magolor

42 minutes ago, Magolor said:

The default event picture is 512×96,I have modified a version (i.e.: 2.0.0.1), which supports 640×360.

You can also use the picture manager to batch convert all event pictures to 640×360 or any other size.

This Game Base Manager is only a primitive version, for more flexibility (e.g.: custom event picture size), please wait for later versions.

Your base crashes at 98%

23 hours ago, Italian PeC said:

Your base crashes at 98%

2.0.0.1? That should work fine if the original base works. Only event picture size is changed, everything else are the same. It works on my computer.

If you are using later versions, please DONT, wait until later updates.

Edited by Magolor

2 hours ago, Magolor said:

2.0.0.1? That should work fine if the original base works. Only event picture size is changed, everything else are the same. It works on my computer.

If you are using later versions, please DONT, wait until later updates.

im using 2.0.0.1 

Whatever mod i apply it to, it crashes at 98 or 99%

On 12/4/2021 at 10:38 AM, Magolor said:

- Better Map Generator Algorithm: No more gaps between provinces; more options and more flexibility; allowing separated provinces including enclaved provinces. Creating huge maps with thousands of provinces within 10 minutes!

Could this be the one that brings Paradox maps to AoH? We shall see...

I've got a problem with the new version. It does not really work. I tried loading a 5000+ province map  and the game just crashes at 59%. For now I will Stick to the old version.

21 hours ago, Golo said:

I've got a problem with the new version. It does not really work. I tried loading a 5000+ province map  and the game just crashes at 59%. For now I will Stick to the old version.

I've tested on a map of 5000+ provinces and it works fine.

Please send me the line map that causes the game to crash and I will debug it through. Thank you for using and helping me improve the tool, and sorry for the inconvenience.

Also, try to play with the parameters, I once encountered crash because the provinces are too large.

11 hours ago, Chairman Baad said:

It doesn't work with the HoI4 map or the EU4 map... 😭

Definitely. Actually, over a dozen Chinese modders have contacted me and wanted to build the HoI4 and EU4 map.

This tool can help you make a map with LESS effort, but it can NOT help you make a map with NO effort. In HoI4 and EU4 map, there are strangely shaped borders (too narrow, close to single-pixel level), which could not be clearly recoginized IN PRINCIPLE.

So please smooth the map first (especially the provinces close to the sea and the islands). That's what I've told all the modders  who came to me. (I'm not sure but I guess some of them have already manually smoothed the map and succeeded in building a map from Paradox, I've attached a picture).

Also, I'm not sure what color encodings the HoI4 and EU4 color map are using. Anyway, it seems that these maps have a large need. I may check and try to build them next month (winter vacation).

QQ图片20211208232253.jpg

21 hours ago, Cabo_Taylor said:

it's good, yes but i need --- converter i want to make PC & Phone mods.

Converter can not be easily made automatically, but quite easy manually:

1. PC -> (use the tool) Extract Version -> .zip

2. Unzip .zip in your phone or emulator.

3. Open game .dex file with MT Manager, copy everything in the unzipped directory to assets, replace when conflict occurs.

4. Save, done.

On 12/7/2021 at 7:52 PM, Reza Shah said:

Damn, this is too good. U also should add some gfx option 😉

Yes it can. Definitely in the next version.

Currently, in the tool folder you can find a file "config.json", adjust the "dpi" value to change the gfx size.

So far i've only managed make one map work with this and it had 360 provinces and it took seven hours for the game to load it.

Edited by Golo

9 hours ago, Golo said:

So far i've only managed make one map work with this and it had 360 provinces and it took seven hours for the game to load it.

How large is your map? What's your computer configuration?

On my laptop (bought 4 years ago), 5000+ provinces takes about 45 min from scratch to final playable.

14 hours ago, Noobs Dudes said:

@MagolorMy game crashes when i try to use the Auto Province thing. Is it fixed in the new update?

Guys, I can not get what the problem exatcly is unless some reproducable examples are provided.

Game crashes are relatively common during any mod making problem, try binary search on the number of provinces to determine the id of the error. Usually they are caused by zero-pixel provinces (this would not happen using this tool), oddly shaped provinces, large provinces (this is the most common), missing files, or just plain randomness. Also, you can crop the original map picture to determine where the provinces are.

It is recommended (at least this is what I do) to first try out small examples (maybe something draw by hand, or by cropping the original picture). Make sure it works on a small example. Then just follow the exact same steps, on a completely new mod base (clone from a backup or raw template in mod manager), using larger maps. Also, when you load the game, you can first set the number of provinces in the config to only 2 or 3, then gradually increase.

7 minutes ago, Magolor said:

How large is your map? What's your computer .configuration?

On my laptop (bought 4 years ago), 5000+ provinces takes about 45 min from scratch to final playable.

I've got an i7 9700k and 16gb 2400 ram  the map was 1600x1200, it could be because I didn't color the unfinished parts black, but that was no problem in the older version

Just now, Golo said:

I've got an i7 9700k and 16gb 2400 ram  the map was 1600x1200, it could be because I didn't color the unfinished parts black, but that was no problem in the older version

The time complexity of the tool is in principle proportional to:

1. The map size (scan every pixel) * Number of provinces (find countour for each province)

2. The number of provinces (save each provinces)

3. The total length of borders (smoothing and merging)

4. Smoothing radius

As for loading it into the game, I don't know the complexity and I can do nothing about it since it is Lukas' work.

If there are fairly large provinces, try increase the step size to reduce the number of points on province borders, so that AoC2 can load them more quickly.