Age of History 3
Magolor

Age of Modding v0.9.8.0 Released! A revolutional PC Modding assistant UPDATE!

Hello, i have a bug i would like to report. 

When i input my bg and linemap, it just puts the line map as a black image, making me unable to make provinces, when i replace the linemap in the files with the correct one, i get the error "Select the correct map"

Someone please help, i spent way too much time and effort into this map

bg.png

linemap.png

Edited by Dutchball

On 7/14/2022 at 9:10 PM, Dutchball said:

When i input my bg and linemap, it just puts the line map as a black image, making me unable to make provinces, when i replace the linemap in the files with the correct one, i get the error "Select the correct map"

Someone please help, i spent way too much time and effort into this maplinemap.pdn

bg.png

linemap.png

uhh i never used this program but i think you use png not pdn

57 minutes ago, Taylor Gamer said:

uhh i never used this program but i think you use png not pdn

Sorry the pdn was not supposed to be there, yes i used a png

Im having a problem where the provinces just dont really connect and theres spaces between them

ive tried using the tutorial and tried using different settings but still no fix, could you tell me what settings to use for the map maker to fix that problem? im using a color map.image.thumb.png.52babf24a335576cb0b68c1e6785fa31.png

Update on my map:

it finally worked! i got the map and provinces! 😄

however, it does not place any province connections, and i have 945 provinces to connnect... any fast way?

Can somebody help? AoM doesnt launching with error "This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem". I tried to start main.exe on behalf of the administrator, but nothing work. But 0.9.0.0 version is working without problems.
PC:

CPU Intel Xeon 2650v2
GPU RX 570

RAM 16GB DDR3

Windows 11

Скриншот 06-10-2022 110122.png

I am Chinese, and the following words are all points.

Windows7 Opening will stop working.

The reason is Packager Incompatible.

Reuse the packager38 Package to be compatible with Windows 7.

If you have time.Can I package a Windows 7 compatible program?

Thank you!

On 12/4/2021 at 8:38 PM, Magolor said:

Hello, Age of History II community!

This is Magolor (Talirian). After months of silence, finally I'm coming back with the brand-new Age of Modding v0.9.8.0 UPDATE!

- You are a new modder, you want to make a mod with custom events, maps, musics, icons and everything else, but don't know how to do?

- You are a skilled modder, you have so many ideas but it takes too much time and effort to realize?

- You are a gamer, you want to quickly improve the game experience with prettified event pictures, custom music and modified game rules?

Now, Age of Modding can save your day!

Age of Modding (AoM for short) is a Windows software, designed to help AoH2 modders, providing a super convenient and intuitive GUI-based modding pipeline.

>>>Age of Modding v0.9.8.0 UPDATE Download Link<<<

-----

Current Version 0.9.8.0 features Include:

- Brand-New UI: Taken from PyDracula, a UI way better than previous one! Enjoy the tool's efficiency as well as beauty.

image.thumb.png.804a54cc9738ea33eb85fb6c3ea87b39.png

- Better Map Generator Algorithm: No more gaps between provinces; more options and more flexibility; allowing separated provinces including enclaved provinces. Creating huge maps with thousands of provinces within 10 minutes!

image.thumb.png.579485402d96c2018d3052d32e43d273.png

- Pictures Manager: As in v0.9.0.0. Convert UI files to different scales, resizing event pictures and leaders portraits. Together with the Game Base Manager. You can finally enjoy large event pictures in your game experience!

image.thumb.png.f6d5d27a4e35bd19fcc42a3d5e78a8cc.png

- Texts Manager: As in v0.9.0.0. Convenient event localization, and text-based event making pipeline under the help of a new format. Improved in v0.9.8.0 with more intuitive edition. Automatic registration of charset: never going to have missing characters again! (still improving)

image.thumb.png.c79288c937d4533018459f7b068e8f38.png

- Mods Manager: As in v0.9.0.0. Manage game with different mods and versions: add, clean, rename, move and export to .zip file to be ready to publish with just one click.

image.thumb.png.afdceeacc025eb5bff80c6e6790dda18.png

- Music Manager: Replace your own music and sound effects! It is easy! 

image.thumb.png.f6ab52ca441c9de26a1a54ac2f83fea8.png

- Game Base Manager (Dev): Change game base and change the rules! More technologies, different combating computations, different event picture sizes, different diplomacy, etc. Different game bases are collected from different mods. Also, I personally modified the original game base for simple things like war declaration turn. This is still under development and more documentations and explanations are definitely required.

image.thumb.png.70c25a295786bfa549ff3cd7ba47221b.png

- Civilization Manager (Coming Soon): Civilization BATCH editor! Add hundreds of civilizaitions using one click only. Made available by the custom Game Base developed throughout months: serializable AoH2. This is still under development (I once finished it but the source code was lost in a catastrophic breakdown of my computer, together with all the source codes of the old v0.9.0.0 AoM 😞).

QQ图片20210906211441.png

-----

Introductions and Tutorials of the old AoM are already uploaded on YouTube in English, please subscribe my Youtube channel Taliran: Talirian. Or if you want Chinese Tutorials, or have a bilibili account and willing to support me by subscribing my bilibili account Talirian: Talirian. (Please do subscribe if you are interested. Thank you very much for your attention!)

Currently only English and Chinese (since I'm Chinese) are supported as interface language, if you would like to help me translate and add new languages, please contact me.

-----

Old Topic: AoM v0.9.0.0 Link

-----

Disclaimer:

Please do checkout Tutorial, and please do backup your files. The software is currently under beta so BUGs may occur. Please contact me if you find any.

The software is completely free of charge (and it will always be), and you could freely use it for any purpose in any way. But please notice:

1. Though this is not compulsory and I have no means of checking, please add acknowledgement if you used this software during the production of your mod or map or whatever it is.

2. It is allowed to profit, if you like, from mods created under the help of this software. But it is not allowed to profit by redistributing, selling or providing services from this software.

3. Though this is not compulsory and I have no means of checking, using this software that I'm willing to share, you should also be willing to contribute to the community and share your findings whenever you discovered some new techniques in AoH2 modding.

image.png

holy shit

On 1/1/2022 at 9:32 PM, Shironau said:

Cattura.PNG.be4af94df321ad3b5a7e51ee7e52576e.PNG

Hi, i think your mod will probably help me a lot, however im not capable to run it beacuse it appears that error. Before that there was an another error but i was capable to fix it just by installing a dll that my pc missed (Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit). However with this error i really dont know how to fix it. if you can help me to fix that problem i would be gratefull

I have the same problem on Windows 7. Is there any fix or is the app working only on Windows 10?

On 7/14/2022 at 11:10 PM, Dutchball said:

Someone please help, i spent way too much time and effort into this map

bg.png

linemap.png

it has an error in the bitmap code of the image, convert the image to another extension and then back to png