Age of History 3
Magolor

Age of Modding: A revolutional PC Modding assistant

There doesn't seem to be an .exe or something to run the software. All I see in the link above is a .zip file in my shared Google Drive. How can I actually start this one?

Sorry if I am actually an idiot, but I suck at using computers.

Edited by TheCommonwealth

4 hours ago, TheCommonwealth said:

There doesn't seem to be an .exe or something to run the software. All I see in the link above is a .zip file in my shared Google Drive. How can I actually start this one?

Sorry if I am actually an idiot, but I suck at using computers.

Download 7zip (the official website is https://www.7-zip.org, the latest version is only guaranteed there) to extract it, then extract the "release" folder from the .zip file to a directory of your choosing. Then, open the "release" folder, then "AoM", and then main.exe.

25 minutes ago, Valixor said:

Download 7zip (the official website is https://www.7-zip.org, the latest version is only guaranteed there) to extract it, then extract the "release" folder from the .zip file to a directory of your choosing. Then, open the "release" folder, then "AoM", and then main.exe.

Yes, thank you for your clarification.

I will start to release the tutorials in the next few days (hopefully tomorrow but I could not guarantee that).

Thank you all for your support and attention.

6 hours ago, Chairman Baad said:

Can your map generator create provinces of two or more unconnected areas without odd lines or shapes between them? (Think of the Caribbean islands in the base game map.)

Yes. This is already done.

The map generator embedded in this software supports separate provinces.

However, enclaved provinces are not supported.

23 hours ago, Cvekla said:

Pretty interesting thingy, but generatin of provinces by color map works kinda weird. I guess I should wait for the tutorial lmao.

What are the problems you are encountering? Maybe I could answer them in the upcoming tutorial.

1 hour ago, Valixor said:

Thanks man!

Uh, sry, but why does this main.exe does keep getting me a virus? I downloaded 7zip, then do as what have been said above, and suddenly virus alert comes up and delete the .exe by curing the virus. However my PC still works fine, I am not sure if I got a virus for real or not...

51 minutes ago, TheCommonwealth said:

Uh, sry, but why does this main.exe does keep getting me a virus? I downloaded 7zip, then do as what have been said above, and suddenly virus alert comes up and delete the .exe by curing the virus. However my PC still works fine, I am not sure if I got a virus for real or not...

It's a false positive. The program has no viruses. What antivirus do you use?

Hope you're gonna make an Android version of this so i don't have to get on PC anymore when i need to add more music, flags, leaders, civs, and portraits for all things i gotta add in the TNO mod (i added After Midnight, SS Civil War, Deunifiers for all Russian regions, Karelian Autonomy, South Urals content, Kingdom of Kaukasia, and Militarbezirk Russland so far, all on PC), especially adding flags as the normal PC process is painfully hard and long for me

1 hour ago, Vyatkomsk said:

Hope you're gonna make an Android version of this so i don't have to get on PC anymore when i need to add more music, flags, leaders, civs, and portraits for all things i gotta add in the TNO mod (i added After Midnight, SS Civil War, Deunifiers for all Russian regions, Karelian Autonomy, South Urals content, Kingdom of Kaukasia, and Militarbezirk Russland so far, all on PC), especially adding flags as the normal PC process is painfully hard and long for me

Sorry dude, the entire design of the software was aimed to let me don't have to get on Android anymore instead of the other way around.

Though, I am definitely gonna add the civlization creating feature in the next version of the software.

3 hours ago, centur said:

Could you add functions like can be change leader when playing or event functions to change leader like form civilization.

That's not the part of job that the software is currently designed for.

Though, modifying the game code is one of the things I am currently working on.

22 hours ago, Valixor said:

It's a false positive. The program has no viruses. What antivirus do you use?

I use a Korean-made antivirus program, which is well-known in my homeland. Maybe it's a malfunction... I can override the message I guess.

Edited by TheCommonwealth
Add message

On 8/28/2021 at 4:36 PM, Magolor said:

What are the problems you are encountering? Maybe I could answer them in the upcoming tutorial.

No, thanks. I just watched tutorial and now I know why color map generator works bad, I just need to repaint my map with black borders. Anyway thx.

I make mods, I convince Aoc2 never made my job easier, leaving us stressed and paranoid, but now I see I can make mods more efficiently and quickly, I hope I have options to place images of events or place more than one nation will receive the event, because it manually places the same event for each nation, meaningless suffering, I will test your software, if it is as good as it says, I will pay you my money

8 hours ago, BasaraMestre said:

I make mods, I convince Aoc2 never made my job easier, leaving us stressed and paranoid, but now I see I can make mods more efficiently and quickly, I hope I have options to place images of events or place more than one nation will receive the event, because it manually places the same event for each nation, meaningless suffering, I will test your software, if it is as good as it says, I will pay you my money

This function is not included in the software but can already be done by modifying the source code of the game, which I am currently working on and may (just may) be added to the next version of the software.

17 hours ago, Magolor said:

Sorry dude, the entire design of the software was aimed to let me don't have to get on Android anymore instead of the other way around.

Though, I am definitely gonna add the civlization creating feature in the next version of the software.

So that means there won't be an Android version?

Ouch. I tried to generate a HoI4 map with a plain white line map and the color map from the game files, and the map crashed past the 143rd province. Any way to fix this? I can provide my map images if needed.

Edited by Chairman Baad