Age of History 3
Magolor

Age of Modding: A revolutional PC Modding assistant

28 minutes ago, Magolor said:

As I've said, the broadcast system with no outcome is already done, and is quite easy to do.

You cant pass turn when no outcome as far as I remember

Emm... The crazies things happened in the past few hours.

When everything was quite ready and I was carrying out some final tests before release, I accidentally deleted all my source code.

I tried to recover the source code for hours. I didn't know what to do, thought about just leave these god damn things forever.

When I was about to give up, finally, by reverse-engineering the .exe files, I recovered major parts of my code (though severely damaged, e.g.: the province generating code is lost).

So, happy ending, I guess?

Though it may take days to recover everything, at least this tool isn't dead.

Sorry for the delay, and... my heart is just, not strong enough to face the ups and downs.

I'm just too tired after this. I may take a few days to calm down, but, I will be back whenever I feel ready.

Emm... I guess that's it. Sorry but please wait a little longer.

On 9/7/2021 at 8:26 PM, Magolor said:

Emm... The crazies things happened in the past few hours.

When everything was quite ready and I was carrying out some final tests before release, I accidentally deleted all my source code.

I tried to recover the source code for hours. I didn't know what to do, thought about just leave these god damn things forever.

When I was about to give up, finally, by reverse-engineering the .exe files, I recovered major parts of my code (though severely damaged, e.g.: the province generating code is lost).

So, happy ending, I guess?

Though it may take days to recover everything, at least this tool isn't dead.

Sorry for the delay, and... my heart is just, not strong enough to face the ups and downs.

I'm just too tired after this. I may take a few days to calm down, but, I will be back whenever I feel ready.

Emm... I guess that's it. Sorry but please wait a little longer.

Ook, so?

I have an idea for this program. I recently discovered a technique for quickly creating soundtracks. I go into detail about it here:

I think if you were to add a function where you plug in the link to a YouTube video or playlist and get an .ogg for that video (or videos in a playlist), it could be really useful for people who want to make soundtracks. Another idea would be to add a function that automatically updates Age_of_Civilizations files for you.

On 9/6/2021 at 8:03 PM, Magolor said:

As I've said, the broadcast system with no outcome is already done, and is quite easy to do.

I don't understand how to code, but I tried to make capitulation system and some news events for every country (y'know like in hoi4, please forgive me). But it's really boring to make 50+ events for every country about capitulation of another country, also in civil wars it can be buggy.

P.S.
What is your experience in coding, tho?

On 10/2/2021 at 1:06 AM, Cvekla said:

I don't understand how to code, but I tried to make capitulation system and some news events for every country (y'know like in hoi4, please forgive me). But it's really boring to make 50+ events for every country about capitulation of another country, also in civil wars it can be buggy.

P.S.
What is your experience in coding, tho?

Actually you can do it by changing only a few lines of code using recaf. It is in the `EventsManager` file, `tryRunEvent` function.

protected final void tryRunEvent(int i) {
        if (this.eventsGD.lEvents.get(i).getCivID() > 0) {
            try {
                CFG.game.getCiv(this.eventsGD.lEvents.get(i).getCivID()).addEventToRunID(i);
                this.eventsGD.lEvents.get(i).setWasFired(!this.eventsGD.lEvents.get(i).getRepeatable());
            }
            catch (IndexOutOfBoundsException indexOutOfBoundsException) {}
        } else {
            for (int j = 1; j < CFG.game.getCivsSize(); ++j) {
                try {
                    CFG.game.getCiv(j).addEventToRunID(i);
                    continue;
                }
                catch (IndexOutOfBoundsException indexOutOfBoundsException) {
                    // empty catch block
                }
            }
            try {
                this.eventsGD.lEvents.get(i).setWasFired(!this.eventsGD.lEvents.get(i).getRepeatable());
            }
                // empty catch block
            }
        }
    }

The AoC-2.0.1.0.jar is a game base that I already modified (changed a few things other than the broadcast), you may consider using it if you have no experience in programming. Though, I enlarged the event picture size (512×96 -> 640×360), which fits my mod (PIHC, I haven't released the newest version. This could be annoying when playing other mods.

Re: P.S.: I am a college student majoring in AI. I have rich experience in Python and C++ Coding, but know nothing about Java or Android development (which are needed for AoC2 development). So I learned these all from scratch, under the guidance of forum tycoons and some of my Chinese fellas.

AoC-2.0.1.0.jar

On 9/21/2021 at 8:57 AM, Chairman Baad said:

I have an idea for this program. I recently discovered a technique for quickly creating soundtracks. I go into detail about it here:

I think if you were to add a function where you plug in the link to a YouTube video or playlist and get an .ogg for that video (or videos in a playlist), it could be really useful for people who want to make soundtracks. Another idea would be to add a function that automatically updates Age_of_Civilizations files for you.

Thank you! I will definitely look into that.

On 10/2/2021 at 12:49 AM, Cvekla said:

Why

At least I generated color map haha yes, but anyway - how to fix it? (if it possible)

20211001193614_1.jpg

bg_col.png

Check whether the line map, color map and background have the same shape.

On 10/9/2021 at 7:12 PM, Magolor said:

Check whether the line map, color map and background have the same shape.

Wow, I thought bg is not necessary to generation provinces.

On 10/9/2021 at 7:10 PM, Magolor said:

Actually you can do it by changing only a few lines of code using recaf. It is in the `EventsManager` file, `tryRunEvent` function.

try {
            }
        } else {
                try {
                    continue;
                }
                    // empty catch block
                }
            }
            try {
            }
                // empty catch block
            }
        }
    }

The AoC-2.0.1.0.jar is a game base that I already modified (changed a few things other than the broadcast), you may consider using it if you have no experience in programming. Though, I enlarged the event picture size (512×96 -> 640×360), which fits my mod (PIHC, I haven't released the newest version. This could be annoying when playing other mods.

Re: P.S.: I am a college student majoring in AI. I have rich experience in Python and C++ Coding, but know nothing about Java or Android development (which are needed for AoC2 development). So I learned these all from scratch, under the guidance of forum tycoons and some of my Chinese fellas.

AoC-2.0.1.0.jar 17.34 MB · 0 downloads

Interesting, but how do you decompile Aoc file and modify it? With Eclipse I guess or something like that? I just wanted to change speed of game to 10%, because of my scenario and try to make infinite nubmer of steps (or at least 1000000) to declare war to prevent event bugs (like TNO, sorry for this also). But I not very sure how to do it.

On 10/12/2021 at 2:20 AM, Cvekla said:

Interesting, but how do you decompile Aoc file and modify it? With Eclipse I guess or something like that? I just wanted to change speed of game to 10%, because of my scenario and try to make infinite nubmer of steps (or at least 1000000) to declare war to prevent event bugs (like TNO, sorry for this also). But I not very sure how to do it.

Use recaf.

About the war issue, currently I am not changing the game speed but the minimal number of turns allowed before declaring war. Which could also be done easily using recaf.

On 9/6/2021 at 8:16 AM, Magolor said:

Behold! The Civilization BATCH Editor!

QQ图片20210906211441.png

Is this released?, or should i wait a while to download your tool

It is not hard to see that the waterfall model has many advantages when used in a project for which it is acceptable enough. These benefits are listed below:

it defines quality control procedures. Each data obtained is reviewed. This procedure is used by the development team to determine the quality of the system, more info at https://www.mindk.com/blog/web-application-development-cost/

the stages of the model are fairly well defined and understood;

The progress of a project is easy to follow using a timeline (or Gantt chart), since the moment of completion of each phase is used as a stage.

4 minutes ago, markgilson80 said:

It is not hard to see that the waterfall model has many advantages when used in a project for which it is acceptable enough. These benefits are listed below:

it defines quality control procedures. Each data obtained is reviewed. This procedure is used by the development team to determine the quality of the system, more info at https://www.mindk.com/blog/web-application-development-cost/

the stages of the model are fairly well defined and understood;

The progress of a project is easy to follow using a timeline (or Gantt chart), since the moment of completion of each phase is used as a stage.

Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. 

On 10/15/2021 at 8:40 AM, entire population of China said:

Progress is zero lol.

Also add sky.

Still fixing. But there is a test version that I can release now.

As I said, all code and software was destroied. So I started from scratch and entirely rewrote the code.

Now with new UI and new map generating algorithm, I can finally release it. Though, other functions have not been implemented yet. This version only supports the mod management and map editing, while export is not supported.

This is far from finished, but you can rely on it for building map now. Anyhow, please always rememeber to backup.

image.thumb.png.33c50bdb83597b29d180f19cba5f3fb9.png

Download Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QZ9BWZ-UqUyN483vod-ir9IJtzLKN4GD/view?usp=sharing

I love this Tool, you did an exceptional job with this. Finally i can create a map which won't crash on startup. I haven't yet downloaded your newest Version of the program and so i don't know the changes, additions and fixes but i would still like to list a few Problems i've encountered in the last Version of it. The first one is that sometimes provinces will Show up on the list but can't be selected within the game, this usually just occurs on small provinces but i've also seen it once on the larger one, sometimes certain provinces won't show up at all, but sometimes updating provinces in the game editor fixes this though. Then sometimes the game will crash at 40, 45 or 47 percent, sometimes a restart will help but it doesn't always. The most annoying Problem i have yet encountered is that i can't always turn Land provinces into sea provinces, it just won't work, i only had this Problem in my latest map though and it worked in the ones before so i don't know if this always happens or was is a rare occurance. These are all the Problems i've experienced so far and these are rather minor ones. This Tool has gigantic Potential and will make creating mods far easier and faster especially for people not experienced with modding. I would not be suprised if all modders will switch to this over time, just because of it's convenience.

15 hours ago, Golo said:

I love this Tool, you did an exceptional job with this. Finally i can create a map which won't crash on startup. I haven't yet downloaded your newest Version of the program and so i don't know the changes, additions and fixes but i would still like to list a few Problems i've encountered in the last Version of it. The first one is that sometimes provinces will Show up on the list but can't be selected within the game, this usually just occurs on small provinces but i've also seen it once on the larger one, sometimes certain provinces won't show up at all, but sometimes updating provinces in the game editor fixes this though. Then sometimes the game will crash at 40, 45 or 47 percent, sometimes a restart will help but it doesn't always. The most annoying Problem i have yet encountered is that i can't always turn Land provinces into sea provinces, it just won't work, i only had this Problem in my latest map though and it worked in the ones before so i don't know if this always happens or was is a rare occurance. These are all the Problems i've experienced so far and these are rather minor ones. This Tool has gigantic Potential and will make creating mods far easier and faster especially for people not experienced with modding. I would not be suprised if all modders will switch to this over time, just because of it's convenience.

Hi, glad to know that you like it.

First of all, the new tool is an improved map generator, which provides more freedom but also requires more manual decision about the parameters. It is still currently under test but already proved to work better than the old version in many test cases.

Second, about the problems you've mentioned in the old version:

1. About provinces can't be selected: I have never encountered any problem similar, please describe it more detailed. If it is related to the size of a province: you may try to increase the min province threshold (area in terms of unit pixels) so that small provinces can be ignored and then you can build them manually. Or, you can try if this problem occurs using the new version.

2. About game crash: This is an almost-everyday problem for AoC2, not sure if it is related to the tool problem. Some could be caused by province size too large, try increase the step size to reduce the size of the provinces. Some could be caused by the problem of scales, which I still don't understand much and could not repeatedly see problems that occurred once.

3. About sea & land province: This is a problem that I encountered myself even with out using the tool. Pretty sure that it is related to scales and province conversion. Since the first time you load a province/map, the provinces are changed to binary format by the game, which would lock the status of the province I guess. So try delete the specific province file and replace it with the original data file from the map editor. Or just try to update province. I'm not entirely clear about why this would occur as a problem, probably the game itself is flawed.

Again, thank you for using and providing suggestions!

On 10/30/2021 at 11:03 PM, entire population of China said:

Ok progress is not zero but you forget sky though so I treat it zero

maxresdefault.jpg

Sorry I don't quite understand. What do you mean "forget sky"?

YOOOO THE BROADCAST SYSTEM WORKS LIKE A CHARM THANKS MAN! Just what I need! Could you make it so that vassals never turn on you as I had a jar file that did that but since yours has the broadcast feature I decided to swap to this one but it is kind of annoying how they turn on their overlords now, that's the only major gripe. Also, I have another small request if possible, could you make it so that the population bars next to the population pie chart do not show at all? Like I disabled the pie chart already by making the picture transparent but I have no idea how to remove the bars next to them with like the 99% population, 1% population and the country flags next to them, they still block the portraits and ideology names which is annoying despite me already having removed the pie chart. Also again, if possible it would be nice if you could remove player options to declare war (also as well as forming alliances or unions maybe) to not break scenarios and events that change leaders without needing to release vassals, this will truly change modding for the better I've not seen one mod that does the broadcast/news event features yet. I saw that you changed the min turns to be able to declare war from 4 to 16 anyways, so increasing it to a much larger number like 5000 or 10000 should do the trick I think.

Edited by yeetboi

On 10/9/2021 at 7:10 PM, Magolor said:

try {
            }
        } else {
                try {
                    continue;
                }
                    // empty catch block
                }
            }
            try {
            }
                // empty catch block
            }
        }
    }

AoC-2.0.1.0.jar 17.34 MB · 7 downloads

Idk but it crashes. Oof.

On 11/6/2021 at 11:49 AM, yeetboi said:

YOOOO THE BROADCAST SYSTEM WORKS LIKE A CHARM THANKS MAN! Just what I need! Could you make it so that vassals never turn on you as I had a jar file that did that but since yours has the broadcast feature I decided to swap to this one but it is kind of annoying how they turn on their overlords now, that's the only major gripe. Also, I have another small request if possible, could you make it so that the population bars next to the population pie chart do not show at all? Like I disabled the pie chart already by making the picture transparent but I have no idea how to remove the bars next to them with like the 99% population, 1% population and the country flags next to them, they still block the portraits and ideology names which is annoying despite me already having removed the pie chart. Also again, if possible it would be nice if you could remove player options to declare war (also as well as forming alliances or unions maybe) to not break scenarios and events that change leaders without needing to release vassals, this will truly change modding for the better I've not seen one mod that does the broadcast/news event features yet. I saw that you changed the min turns to be able to declare war from 4 to 16 anyways, so increasing it to a much larger number like 5000 or 10000 should do the trick I think.

I was not releasing these as an out-of-box game base, I was posting because someone asked. It was meant to be a (very low-quality) tutorial. If you have spare time, you can download recaf and try to play with it, and it will be easy to change things like war declaration turns.

If you need me to carry out the changes, I'm sorry to say that I have been busy with works these days. I will see to it in a month or two.