Age of History Games
Magolor

Age of Modding: A revolutional PC Modding assistant

28 minutes ago, Magolor said:

As I've said, the broadcast system with no outcome is already done, and is quite easy to do.

You cant pass turn when no outcome as far as I remember

Emm... The crazies things happened in the past few hours.

When everything was quite ready and I was carrying out some final tests before release, I accidentally deleted all my source code.

I tried to recover the source code for hours. I didn't know what to do, thought about just leave these god damn things forever.

When I was about to give up, finally, by reverse-engineering the .exe files, I recovered major parts of my code (though severely damaged, e.g.: the province generating code is lost).

So, happy ending, I guess?

Though it may take days to recover everything, at least this tool isn't dead.

Sorry for the delay, and... my heart is just, not strong enough to face the ups and downs.

I'm just too tired after this. I may take a few days to calm down, but, I will be back whenever I feel ready.

Emm... I guess that's it. Sorry but please wait a little longer.

On 9/7/2021 at 8:26 PM, Magolor said:

Emm... The crazies things happened in the past few hours.

When everything was quite ready and I was carrying out some final tests before release, I accidentally deleted all my source code.

I tried to recover the source code for hours. I didn't know what to do, thought about just leave these god damn things forever.

When I was about to give up, finally, by reverse-engineering the .exe files, I recovered major parts of my code (though severely damaged, e.g.: the province generating code is lost).

So, happy ending, I guess?

Though it may take days to recover everything, at least this tool isn't dead.

Sorry for the delay, and... my heart is just, not strong enough to face the ups and downs.

I'm just too tired after this. I may take a few days to calm down, but, I will be back whenever I feel ready.

Emm... I guess that's it. Sorry but please wait a little longer.

Ook, so?

I have an idea for this program. I recently discovered a technique for quickly creating soundtracks. I go into detail about it here:

I think if you were to add a function where you plug in the link to a YouTube video or playlist and get an .ogg for that video (or videos in a playlist), it could be really useful for people who want to make soundtracks. Another idea would be to add a function that automatically updates Age_of_Civilizations files for you.

On 9/6/2021 at 8:03 PM, Magolor said:

As I've said, the broadcast system with no outcome is already done, and is quite easy to do.

I don't understand how to code, but I tried to make capitulation system and some news events for every country (y'know like in hoi4, please forgive me). But it's really boring to make 50+ events for every country about capitulation of another country, also in civil wars it can be buggy.

P.S.
What is your experience in coding, tho?

On 10/2/2021 at 1:06 AM, Cvekla said:

I don't understand how to code, but I tried to make capitulation system and some news events for every country (y'know like in hoi4, please forgive me). But it's really boring to make 50+ events for every country about capitulation of another country, also in civil wars it can be buggy.

P.S.
What is your experience in coding, tho?

Actually you can do it by changing only a few lines of code using recaf. It is in the `EventsManager` file, `tryRunEvent` function.

protected final void tryRunEvent(int i) {
        if (this.eventsGD.lEvents.get(i).getCivID() > 0) {
            try {
                CFG.game.getCiv(this.eventsGD.lEvents.get(i).getCivID()).addEventToRunID(i);
                this.eventsGD.lEvents.get(i).setWasFired(!this.eventsGD.lEvents.get(i).getRepeatable());
            }
            catch (IndexOutOfBoundsException indexOutOfBoundsException) {}
        } else {
            for (int j = 1; j < CFG.game.getCivsSize(); ++j) {
                try {
                    CFG.game.getCiv(j).addEventToRunID(i);
                    continue;
                }
                catch (IndexOutOfBoundsException indexOutOfBoundsException) {
                    // empty catch block
                }
            }
            try {
                this.eventsGD.lEvents.get(i).setWasFired(!this.eventsGD.lEvents.get(i).getRepeatable());
            }
                // empty catch block
            }
        }
    }

The AoC-2.0.1.0.jar is a game base that I already modified (changed a few things other than the broadcast), you may consider using it if you have no experience in programming. Though, I enlarged the event picture size (512×96 -> 640×360), which fits my mod (PIHC, I haven't released the newest version. This could be annoying when playing other mods.

Re: P.S.: I am a college student majoring in AI. I have rich experience in Python and C++ Coding, but know nothing about Java or Android development (which are needed for AoC2 development). So I learned these all from scratch, under the guidance of forum tycoons and some of my Chinese fellas.

AoC-2.0.1.0.jar

On 9/21/2021 at 8:57 AM, Chairman Baad said:

I have an idea for this program. I recently discovered a technique for quickly creating soundtracks. I go into detail about it here:

I think if you were to add a function where you plug in the link to a YouTube video or playlist and get an .ogg for that video (or videos in a playlist), it could be really useful for people who want to make soundtracks. Another idea would be to add a function that automatically updates Age_of_Civilizations files for you.

Thank you! I will definitely look into that.

On 10/2/2021 at 12:49 AM, Cvekla said:

Why

At least I generated color map haha yes, but anyway - how to fix it? (if it possible)

20211001193614_1.jpg

bg_col.png

Check whether the line map, color map and background have the same shape.

On 10/9/2021 at 7:12 PM, Magolor said:

Check whether the line map, color map and background have the same shape.

Wow, I thought bg is not necessary to generation provinces.

On 10/9/2021 at 7:10 PM, Magolor said:

Actually you can do it by changing only a few lines of code using recaf. It is in the `EventsManager` file, `tryRunEvent` function.

protected final void tryRunEvent(int i) {
        if (this.eventsGD.lEvents.get(i).getCivID() > 0) {
            try {
                CFG.game.getCiv(this.eventsGD.lEvents.get(i).getCivID()).addEventToRunID(i);
            }
            catch (IndexOutOfBoundsException indexOutOfBoundsException) {}
        } else {
            for (int j = 1; j < CFG.game.getCivsSize(); ++j) {
                try {
                    CFG.game.getCiv(j).addEventToRunID(i);
                    continue;
                }
                    // empty catch block
                }
            }
            try {
            }
                // empty catch block
            }
        }
    }

The AoC-2.0.1.0.jar is a game base that I already modified (changed a few things other than the broadcast), you may consider using it if you have no experience in programming. Though, I enlarged the event picture size (512×96 -> 640×360), which fits my mod (PIHC, I haven't released the newest version. This could be annoying when playing other mods.

Re: P.S.: I am a college student majoring in AI. I have rich experience in Python and C++ Coding, but know nothing about Java or Android development (which are needed for AoC2 development). So I learned these all from scratch, under the guidance of forum tycoons and some of my Chinese fellas.

AoC-2.0.1.0.jar 17.34 MB · 0 downloads

Interesting, but how do you decompile Aoc file and modify it? With Eclipse I guess or something like that? I just wanted to change speed of game to 10%, because of my scenario and try to make infinite nubmer of steps (or at least 1000000) to declare war to prevent event bugs (like TNO, sorry for this also). But I not very sure how to do it.

On 10/12/2021 at 2:20 AM, Cvekla said:

Interesting, but how do you decompile Aoc file and modify it? With Eclipse I guess or something like that? I just wanted to change speed of game to 10%, because of my scenario and try to make infinite nubmer of steps (or at least 1000000) to declare war to prevent event bugs (like TNO, sorry for this also). But I not very sure how to do it.

Use recaf.

About the war issue, currently I am not changing the game speed but the minimal number of turns allowed before declaring war. Which could also be done easily using recaf.

On 9/6/2021 at 8:16 AM, Magolor said:

Behold! The Civilization BATCH Editor!

QQ图片20210906211441.png

Is this released?, or should i wait a while to download your tool