Age of History 3
Magolor

Age of Modding: A revolutional PC Modding assistant

25 minutes ago, Vyatkomsk said:

So that means there won't be an Android version?

Yes (in the foreseeable future), since the software is written in Python, which could be very hard to run on Android. Actually it is already pretty hard for me to wrap my python code into exe instead of giving u the scripts directly. Me myself uses the python scripts directly during my work instead of the GUI.

18 minutes ago, Chairman Baad said:

Ouch. I tried to generate a HoI4 map with a plain white line map and the color map from the game files, and the map crashed past the 143rd province. Any way to fix this? I can provide my map images if needed.

Yes, thank you. This could help improve the software if you don't mind to share. I'm currently busy with my schoolwork and it may take a few days for me to have time to further look into this.

Also, you can directly open the 143rd file (no. 142?) generated in the map, the first number together with the first number after symbol ';' is one of the coordinates of the province border, thus you could actually know which province is failing.

For example, a province file could be:

1,2,3;4,5,6

which actually means that the province is a triangle with vertices (1,4), (2,5), and (3,6).

Thus you can check why the 143rd province fails.

It is worth remembering that enclaved provinces are not supported.

55 minutes ago, Magolor said:

Yes, thank you. This could help improve the software if you don't mind to share. I'm currently busy with my schoolwork and it may take a few days for me to have time to further look into this.

Also, you can directly open the 143rd file (no. 142?) generated in the map, the first number together with the first number after symbol ';' is one of the coordinates of the province border, thus you could actually know which province is failing.

For example, a province file could be:

1,2,3;4,5,6

which actually means that the province is a triangle with vertices (1,4), (2,5), and (3,6).

Thus you can check why the 143rd province fails.

It is worth remembering that enclaved provinces are not supported.

Thanks for answering! Here's the set of map images I used.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-4daFcy-r6kGgwl4xWKsXYZbkNV7ZBws/view?usp=sharing

My background came from Lipark's background collection. My line map is a plain white image since I wanted provinces to generate across the entire map. My color map was copied from the HoI4 game files. There may be an enclaved province or two in there, but I haven't checked to make sure.

I should also mention that I actually meant province 144 (file 143) is causing me errors, and that even if I replace it with a different province file, my game still crashes while trying to generate province data for it.

2 hours ago, Chairman Baad said:

Thanks for answering! Here's the set of map images I used.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-4daFcy-r6kGgwl4xWKsXYZbkNV7ZBws/view?usp=sharing

My background came from Lipark's background collection. My line map is a plain white image since I wanted provinces to generate across the entire map. My color map was copied from the HoI4 game files. There may be an enclaved province or two in there, but I haven't checked to make sure.

I should also mention that I actually meant province 144 (file 143) is causing me errors, and that even if I replace it with a different province file, my game still crashes while trying to generate province data for it.

First, there are some bugs indeed. Actually you do not need a line map if you have already got a color map. The line map is only used to generate the color map. If you generate color map by an empty png, you would get one single province that occupy the whole map. However in current version it seems that I forced the existence of line map, which was my mistake and i will fix it soon.

Second, I do not recommend to directly use line/color maps from other games (e.g.: HoI4) or from the internet, which may have small provinces, enclaved provinces, and various strange things. For this particular map from HoI4, I personally have also tried before. There are just too many enclaved provinces that need to be fixed. (See the attached photo). Though, the setting that ignores all provinces with size < 16 wil alleviate the problem, but still, much work need to be done.

Third, it seems that 143 is an empty province, maybe it is a province smaller than 16 pixels. You should try lower the min province size threshold. And I will improve the software to accommodate the situation.

Thank you for your report!

image.png

image.png

On 8/26/2021 at 7:28 AM, Magolor said:

Hello, Age of History II community!

This is Magolor (Talirian). Please allow me introduce the software I have been developed for more than a month.

Age of Modding: A revolutional PC Modding assistant

Age of Modding (AoM for short) is a Windows software, designed to help AoH2 modders, providing a suprt convenient and intuitive GUI-based modding pipeline.

Current Version 0.9.0.0 Features Include:

- Mods Manager: Manage game with different mods and versions: add, clean, rename, move and export to .zip file to be ready to publish with just one click.

- Texts Manager: Convenient event localization, and text-based event making pipeline under the help of a new new format. (still improving)

- Pictures Manager: Convert UI files to different scales, resizing event pictures. (still improving) Also, UI files are now ready to be conveniently extracted for installation on any mod! Feel free to share your UI with others!

- Maps Manager: One of the most important feature of AoM, creating huge maps with thousands of provinces within 10 minutes!

Features to be added:

- Fast Civilization Editor

- Auto Translation and Full Event Localization Functions

- Game Code Modification and Management (probably, not sure)

- PC - Android Convert Helper

- ... or anything that you would like

Introductions and Tutorials will be uploaded chapter by chapter in the next few days in form of videos on Youtube (in English), please subscribe my Youtube channel Taliran: Talirian. Or if you want Chinese Tutorials, or have a bilibili account and willing to support me by subscribing my bilibili account Talirian: Talirian.

UPD: Tutorial (Updating)

Currently only English and Chinese (since I'm Chinese) are supported as interface language, if you would like to help me translate and add new languages, please contact me.

Download Link:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Kr2PI5hTbYQ19Ct9YWcH_qnKMp0FXkRQ?usp=sharing

demo 01image.thumb.png.0a9e4f133f9ec1ee9f050f5db3ab6a68.png

demo 02image.thumb.png.cb1066dd7a4075a7fcba4b9270d0f792.png

demo 03image.thumb.png.d72b3f42554085d14ef0fadc3754d8ff.png

demo 04image.thumb.png.1eb60c42c7ead7321a7e06f5edf19b99.png

Disclaimer:

Please do checkout Tutorial, and please do backup your files. The software is currently under beta so BUGs may occur. Please contact me if you find any.

The software is completely free of charge (and it will always be), and you could freely use it for any purpose in any way. But please notice:

1. Though this is not compulsory and I have no means of checking, please add acknowledgement if you used this software during the production of your mod or map or whatever it is.

2. It is allowed to profit, if you like, from mods created under the help of this software. But it is not allowed to profit by redistributing, selling or providing services from this software.

3. Though this is not compulsory and I have no means of checking, using this software that I'm willing to share, you should also be willing to contribute to the community and share your findings whenever you discovered some new techniques in AoH2 modding.

When I reenter in the game, it crash. What I can do to don t crash??

I don't have a computer, but for those who do, event copying would be great. It would be nice to copy an event, since it is difficult to write different variations of the same event for events that need to change compared to the previous event (mixed like focus trees). 

On 8/26/2021 at 12:28 PM, Magolor said:

This is Magolor (Talirian). Please allow me introduce the software I have been developed for more than a month.

Age of Modding (AoM for short) is a Windows software, designed to help AoH2 modders, providing a suprt convenient and intuitive GUI-based modding pipeline.

- Mods Manager: Manage game with different mods and versions: add, clean, rename, move and export to .zip file to be ready to publish with just one click.

- Texts Manager: Convenient event localization, and text-based event making pipeline under the help of a new new format. (still improving)

- Pictures Manager: Convert UI files to different scales, resizing event pictures. (still improving) Also, UI files are now ready to be conveniently extracted for installation on any mod! Feel free to share your UI with others!

- Maps Manager: One of the most important feature of AoM, creating huge maps with thousands of provinces within 10 minutes!

Features to be added:

Introductions and Tutorials will be uploaded chapter by chapter in the next few days in form of videos on Youtube (in English), please subscribe my Youtube channel Taliran: Talirian. Or if you want Chinese Tutorials, or have a bilibili account and willing to support me by subscribing my bilibili account Talirian: Talirian.

Currently only English and Chinese (since I'm Chinese) are supported as interface language, if you would like to help me translate and add new languages, please contact me.

Download Link:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Kr2PI5hTbYQ19Ct9YWcH_qnKMp0FXkRQ?usp=sharing

Disclaimer:

Please do checkout Tutorial, and please do backup your files. The software is currently under beta so BUGs may occur. Please contact me if you find any.

The software is completely free of charge (and it will always be), and you could freely use it for any purpose in any way. But please notice:

1. Though this is not compulsory and I have no means of checking, please add acknowledgement if you used this software during the production of your mod or map or whatever it is.

2. It is allowed to profit, if you like, from mods created under the help of this software. But it is not allowed to profit by redistributing, selling or providing services from this software.

3. Though this is not compulsory and I have no means of checking, using this software that I'm willing to share, you should also be willing to contribute to the community and share your findings whenever you discovered some new techniques in AoH2 modding.

Will there be a mobile version?

4 hours ago, Chairman Baad said:

Do you think you can add a feature where you can easily port your mods to Android?

It is already there: the "Export Resource" in the export manager.

After getting the resource zip file, you need to manually move everything in the zip file into the ---'s assets file.

Since the later part involves using MT Manager on an Android emulator or a real Android device, so I can't help with that XD.

1 hour ago, Min321 said:

Before I press Ok when I enter in game, it crash

What function have you used?

The Text Manager is now unstable and not recommended, which will be fixed in the next version, to be released soon.

Features to be added:

Download Link:

Disclaimer:

Hello Everyone.

The first thing, I would like to apologize: I was planned to release 0.9.1.0 this weekend, which would fix the map bugs and add brand new features including civilization editor, for example. However, the development process was interupted by another thing.

The second thing: After learned how to modify the java code (from Dophin General and Aryan, thanks), I am now ready to build the Base Manager, which would integrate tools for the pipeline of changing the game base itself.

The third thing is what interupted my plan to publish 0.9.1.0, what I've been working on in the past days: given that I can modify the java code now, I modified the serialization and deserialization codes, which enables me to convert many of the game data files into human-readable format (see attached image).

Which means, I can now glad to announce the plan of building an independent Event Manager, which could allow batch addition and edition of events! Also, the civilization editor may also use this feature, and that is the reason why I didn't release 0.9.1.0 this weekend.

So please forgive me for the delay due to new ideas. And thank you for your support and attention!

QQ图片20210905181752.png

30 minutes ago, Magolor said:

Hello Everyone.

The first thing, I would like to apologize: I was planned to release 0.9.1.0 this weekend, which would fix the map bugs and add brand new features including civilization editor, for example. However, the development process was interupted by another thing.

The second thing: After learned how to modify the java code (from Dophin General and Aryan, thanks), I am now ready to build the Base Manager, which would integrate tools for the pipeline of changing the game base itself.

The third thing is what interupted my plan to publish 0.9.1.0, what I've been working on in the past days: given that I can modify the java code now, I modified the serialization and deserialization codes, which enables me to convert many of the game data files into human-readable format (see attached image).

Which means, I can now glad to announce the plan of building an independent Event Manager, which could allow batch addition and edition of events! Also, the civilization editor may also use this feature, and that is the reason why I didn't release 0.9.1.0 this weekend.

So please forgive me for the delay due to new ideas. And thank you for your support and attention!

QQ图片20210905181752.png

Magolor/Desktop/wtf 😂

This is good feature you added. Congratulations and thanks.

Features to be added:

Download Link:

Disclaimer:

Behold! The Civilization BATCH Editor!

QQ图片20210906211441.png

On 05.09.2021 at 16:20, Magolor said:

Всем привет.

Во-первых, я хотел бы извиниться: на этих выходных я планировал выпустить 0.9.1.0, в котором будут исправлены ошибки карты и добавлены новые функции, включая, например, редактор Civilization. Однако процесс разработки был прерван другим обстоятельством.

Второе: узнав, как изменять код Java (спасибо от Dophin General и Aryan), теперь я готов создать Base Manager, который будет интегрировать инструменты для конвейера изменения самой игровой базы.

Третье - то, что прервало мой план публикации 0.9.1.0, над чем я работал в последние дни: учитывая, что теперь я могу изменить код Java, я изменил коды сериализации и десериализации, что позволяет мне преобразовать многие файлов данных игры в удобочитаемый формат (см. прикрепленное изображение).

Это означает, что теперь я могу рад объявить о плане создания независимого менеджера событий, который мог бы позволять групповое добавление и редактирование событий! Кроме того, редактор Civilization также может использовать эту функцию, и именно по этой причине я не выпустил 0.9.1.0 на этих выходных.

Так что, пожалуйста, простите меня за задержку из-за новых идей. И спасибо за поддержку и внимание!

QQ 图片 20210905181752.png

Please add a function so that the event is displayed for all countries on the map

1 hour ago, Dyndyk Dudun said:

Please add a function so that the event is displayed for all countries on the map

That's weird... why?

Do you mean, a event that all countries can trigger?

Currently I've done the function of broadcast: a event that all countries can see, but there can be no effects (otherwise the effect will be triggered many times).

It would be harder to create a event that triggers for all countries. However, since I am now developing the BATCH editor, which means that instead of making one event, we can make a event for each country.

1 minute ago, Magolor said:

That's weird... why?

Currently I've done the function of broadcast: a event that all countries can see, but there can be no effects (otherwise the effect will be triggered many times).

It would be harder to create a event that triggers for all countries. However, since I am now developing the BATCH editor, which means that instead of making one event, we can make a event for each country.

I'm looking forward to it even if I can't use it.

3 minutes ago, Magolor said:

Странно ... почему?

Вы имеете в виду событие, которое могут вызвать все страны?

На данный момент я выполнил функцию трансляции: событие, которое могут видеть все страны, но не может быть никаких эффектов (иначе эффект будет срабатывать много раз).

Было бы сложнее создать событие, которое запускалось бы для всех стран. Однако, поскольку я сейчас разрабатываю редактор BATCH, это означает, что вместо создания одного события мы можем создать событие для каждой страны.

Yes, I did not express myself quite correctly. I meant to make it so that some event could be broadcast for all countries as in hoi4

9 minutes ago, Magolor said:

That's weird... why?

Can you do "ROOT, FROM" events for like falling cities. But not only this example.

(I saw it on HoI4 wiki)

Edited by Ecofcu

26 minutes ago, Ecofcu said:

Can you do "ROOT, FROM" events for like falling cities. But not only this example.

(I saw it on HoI4 wiki)

Just checked out that. Yes, I was planning to make something like the ROOT operator. However, I believe that they are hard to implement, which requires a deeper look into the event system.

But now we have another brute force solution: just BATCH generate one event for each!

31 minutes ago, Dyndyk Dudun said:

Yes, I did not express myself quite correctly. I meant to make it so that some event could be broadcast for all countries as in hoi4

As I've said, the broadcast system with no outcome is already done, and is quite easy to do.