Age of History 3
GalacticCakes

Custom armies

Sorry for interrupting or sorry for be Annoying. However, I am slightly curious.

This new question is about armies created by modders. If there were three types of army (naval, land and air), will the text files dictate what type or class of army it is?, I know it's a silly question, but what I mean is that seeing infantry walking through the water is not the same as seeing a ship sailing on land. (Of course if modders make ship units.). Have a good day and don't forget to drink water.

1 minute ago, Łukasz Jakowski said:

No es posible agregar una unidad naval personalizada si el juego y especialmente la IA no la usan.

Será posible agregar unidades propias a Primera Línea/Flanco/Apoyo.

Oh, I understand, thanks for responding 👍

Will there at least be air units? could boat technology at least be different from land armies if there wont be different naval types and naval battles wont be used as much as land battles? It would be beneficially if your trying to explore the world as it could increase the speed of traveling

Edited by Ares I of Congo

3 hours ago, Łukasz Jakowski said:

It is not possible to add custom navy unit if the game and especially AI don't use it.

Will be possible to add own units to First Line/Flank/Support

I think since you have given a major rework to army units, there should be at least units that are allowed to cross into the water and those that aren't, or maybe just a "naval" tag or characteristic that can be toggled on or off in the editor/files, that way modders can specify which units are allowed to travel through water and which aren't which are allowed to travel in water. this way modders can remove the tag from all units except for a special "naval" infantry type by disallowing other unit types to travel, while in the base game all units can have the "naval" tag or characteristic by default to make it not break any major mechanics or break the ai, and leave it as an option only for modders to use 

6 hours ago, Ares I of Congo said:

Will there at least be air units? could boat technology at least be different from land armies if there wont be different naval types and naval battles wont be used as much as land battles? It would be beneficially if your trying to explore the world as it could increase the speed of traveling

Planes act as support units if I'm not wrong.

Edited by qxz

12 hours ago, Łukasz Jakowski said:

It is not possible to add custom navy unit if the game and especially AI don't use it.

Will be possible to add own units to First Line/Flank/Support

If there won't be a navy, something like the following could be added for the seas, depending on technology levels:

Technology 1: Establishment of Navy

Maximum of 3,000 soldiers can be stationed on a single sea territory.

Technology 2: Navy Advancement

Maximum of 7,000 soldiers can be stationed on a single sea territory.

Technology 3: Advanced Naval Units

Maximum of 15,000 soldiers can be stationed on a single sea territory.

Technology 4: Modern Navy

Maximum of 60,000 soldiers can be stationed on a single sea territory.

This way, for instance, the Ottoman Empire wouldn't have been able to suddenly invade Italy with 150k troops, making it more realistic. Since the focus is on city economies instead of trade, there's no need for something akin to light ships.

For instance, Technology 1 would add in 1437 for European, Asian and North African countries. Other regions and continents need to open the technology to placement (transport) the army to the sea.

Thanks for your effort.

21 hours ago, GalacticCakes said:

Sorry for interrupting or sorry for be Annoying. However, I am slightly curious.

This new question is about armies created by modders. If there were three types of army (naval, land and air), will the text files dictate what type or class of army it is?, I know it's a silly question, but what I mean is that seeing infantry walking through the water is not the same as seeing a ship sailing on land. (Of course if modders make ship units.). Have a good day and don't forget to drink water.

Can you make units only certain nations can recruit?