Age of History 3

Chexier

Deleting provinces from the Earth map

Hello fellow conquerors. I was trying to delete the italian provices from the game, since I made a reddit post proposing the removal of Italy in the EU4 subreddit, then a guy made a mod about my post (for eu4). I wanted to port the mod into AoC2, since I created the meme. However, when I try deleting the italian (to be more specifc) province files (including prov scales) from the default Earth map and editing the config.json to lower the number of provinces of the map, when I start the game it just crashes on load, at 0%. If I try resetting the number of provinces to their default value, the game still crashes. Does anyone know how to delete provinces from the map, without making it unplayable?

(Off-topic, but if you want to know what the mod looks like watch this video).

27 minutes ago, Łukasz Jakowski said:

Change them into sea provinces in the map editor

It didn't work fully, since the AI still can colonize sea provinces for some reason, and the province background is very strange. Thanks in advance.

10 hours ago, Chexier said:

Well, I've kinda succeded. Here is the screenshot:

20190109233745_1.thumb.jpg.2e9968e49e2c58d53410d108f129b10c.jpg

However, the provinces weren't really removed. I've just changed the background (pretty bad edit btw) and made Italy a wasteland. I've also changed the wasteland alpha to 0.

Why didn’t you change the provinces to sea provinces?

17 hours ago, Chexier said:

It didn't work fully, since the AI still can colonize sea provinces for some reason, and the province background is very strange. Thanks in advance.

Change them into sea provinces and in the continent into "Ocean" and it will work for sure