Age of History 3

Perhaps it is a questionable and unviable idea. but, lukasz, we can create our own lands, units, buildings, technologies, laws, resources, religions, governments and leaders? What I mean is, can you publish certain templates in .txt files, where we can start creating our own mods before the game comes out? from what I saw, they have been publishing limited templates on those, so, I asked myself, why not better to have all the templates for the whole community to make at least a part of awesome Mods?

image-3.thumb.png.51a3416ff76ce31ff41870d9f3bb5063.pngimage-2.thumb.png.c2991b58dc96d093f25a46f60d267f43.pngimage-1.thumb.png.ec9c4dcdd5bb6b9152df3a6008a8cd96.pngimage.png.3e7da64931e3192d15cf5e1adb2b4db1.png

It seems like a great idea to publish some simple templates to start creating what would be one of the great movements of the entire community, so the game will have a rich start in content made by fans, so. Lukasz, can you afford to publish some templates for mods? It's okay if that possibility doesn't exist, but, I'm just suggesting that just so I can, I don't know, start a sacred game right before the same sacred game is released, but oh well , I hope you respond to this post.

I would even suggest publishing the map province creator and a map template for the community to create awesome wonders, such as one user made 5k+ provinces in AoC2 or when they made the GTA san Andrea map, so why not ?

Edited by GalacticCakes

I don't think it makes sense because AoH2 maps are very small compared to AoH3 and modders can't fill the scale of the game without playing it for the first time.

The map background is: 17760 x 8600 and then scale x4

All maps created in AoH2 will be able to be converted to the new file system in AoH3 by just one click in map editor. (Only provinces. Scenarios won't be possible to convert)

AoH3 is a completely new game, written from scratch. 

########################################################

## To convert a map from AoH2 to the AoH3, put the provinces points file from old mapEditor and name it "convertMapData.txt" in the same folder as mapEditor_2.jar.
## Change value to true: CONVERT_AOH2_MAP_PROVINCES_DATA_TO_AOH3=true
## Open mapEditor_2.jar and click ENTER to save data.

## To export provinces from AoH2 to file Open the AoH2 game. Go to Editor -> Map Editor- > Map -> Edit Connections And Provinces -> and click 'Q'. File will be created in map folder.

2 minutes ago, Łukasz Jakowski said:

I don't think it makes sense because AoH2 maps are very small compared to AoH3 and modders can't fill the scale of the game without playing it for the first time.

The map background is: 17760 x 8600 and then scale x4

All maps created in AoH2 will be able to be converted to the new file system in AoH3 by just one click in map editor. (Only provinces. Scenarios won't be possible to convert)

AoH3 is a completely new game, written from scratch. 

########################################################

## To convert a map from AoH2 to the AoH3, put the provinces points file from old mapEditor and name it "convertMapData.txt" in the same folder as mapEditor_2.jar.
## Change value to true: CONVERT_AOH2_MAP_PROVINCES_DATA_TO_AOH3=true
## Open mapEditor_2.jar and click ENTER to save data.

## To export provinces from AoH2 to file Open the AoH2 game. Go to Editor -> Map Editor- > Map -> Edit Connections And Provinces -> and click 'Q'. File will be created in map folder.

thank you 

So if someone really wants to create a map for AoH3, provinces (province points) can be created in the AoH2 map editor.

Just one important tip: use much bigger map background

Create a point map of provinces just because this is the only one that will be possible to convert

3 minutes ago, Łukasz Jakowski said:

So if someone really wants to create a map for AoH3, provinces (province points) can be created in the AoH2 map editor.

Just one important tip: use much bigger map background

Create a point map of provinces just because this is the only one that will be possible to convert

so you mean just map with only points? or just provinces like the second game?

Only province points, the file with all points.

Not files 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 etc. created by the map editor

1 hour ago, Łukasz Jakowski said:

No creo que tenga sentido porque los mapas de AoH2 son muy pequeños en comparación con los de AoH3 y los modders no pueden llenar la escala del juego sin jugarlo por primera vez.

El fondo del mapa es: 17760 x 8600 y luego escala x4

Todos los mapas creados en AoH2 podrán convertirse al nuevo sistema de archivos en AoH3 con solo un clic en el editor de mapas. (Solo provincias. No será posible convertir escenarios)

AoH3 es un juego completamente nuevo, escrito desde cero. 

################################################## ######

## Para convertir un mapa de AoH2 a AoH3, coloque el archivo de puntos de provincias del antiguo MapEditor y asígnele el nombre "convertMapData.txt" en la misma carpeta que mapEditor_2.jar.
## Cambie el valor a verdadero: CONVERT_AOH2_MAP_PROVINCES_DATA_TO_AOH3=true
## Abra mapEditor_2.jar y haga clic en ENTRAR para guardar los datos.

## Para exportar provincias de AoH2 a un archivo Abra el juego AoH2. Vaya a Editor -> Editor de mapas- > Mapa -> Editar conexiones y provincias -> y haga clic en 'Q'. El archivo se creará en la carpeta del mapa.

I understand, so the maps are small for the new game, okay.

26 minutes ago, Łukasz Jakowski said:

Sólo puntos de provincia, el fichero con todos los puntos.

## Para exportar provincias de AoH2 a un archivo Abra el juego AoH2. Vaya a Editor -> Editor de mapas- > Mapa -> Editar conexiones y provincias -> y haga clic en 'Q'. El archivo se creará en la carpeta del mapa.

No archivos 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, etc. creados por el editor de mapas.

So, removing the maps and scenarios. is there any possibility of obtaining a template in .txt file of the units, buildings, government forms and technologies, so that we modders can create content for AOC3, I mean, we already have the templates for the leaders and terrain types, so what do you think of this idea?

By the way, I imagine that making the game from scratch was because the AOC2 has a lot of bugs, hasnt it?

I also admire your work, I imagine it is difficult to make games so I encourage you for your great work

Edited by GalacticCakes

1 hour ago, GalacticCakes said:

I understand, so the maps are small for the new game, okay.

So, removing the maps and scenarios. is there any possibility of obtaining a template in .txt file of the units, buildings, government forms and technologies, so that we modders can create content for AOC3, I mean, we already have the templates for the leaders and terrain types, so what do you think of this idea?

By the way, I imagine that making the game from scratch was because the AOC2 has a lot of bugs, hasnt it?

I also admire your work, I imagine it is difficult to make games so I encourage you for your great work

What I mean by template?,is for example :

Age_of_History: Data,

Data: [

{

Name: "building name ",

ImageFile: "building.png",

BuildCost: x

Defense: x

Economy: x

}

]

I don't know what the template for the buildings is like, that's because I'm asking if We can get templates to create at least part of the mods. @Łukasz Jakowski . So, Is it possible to get templates from those content classes?

sorry for bothering you with that. also, have a nice day/evening/morning or afternoon.

My Bad English 40k

On 1/26/2024 at 10:04 PM, Łukasz Jakowski said:

Only province points, the file with all points.

Not files 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 etc. created by the map editor

It is creating a file MAP_POINTS is that it?

4 hours ago, AlbertArmenia said:

It is creating a file MAP_POINTS is that it?

I know exactly what's he talking about it's the map_Aoc2.txt file that you use in the editor