Age of History 3

This is my idea to make Age of History 3 more real.                                                                          By having higher inflation, our population will become more unhappy, which will affect more rebels and our population will leave the country.                                                        Poverty will also increase which will make us earn less money.                                                 so we will have to ask for loans

Edited by BIGCHUNGUS

22 minutes ago, Łukasz Jakowski said:

¿Qué causa la inflación?

I think, inflation is caused when a nation's money or treasure is greater than the resource that supports it or when its demand is excessive.

But in AoC3 there are no national currencies per civilization, so it would be a bit complicated.

Here I have some basic causes of inflation:

- A civilian salary greater than the province's profit

- Monetary politics: excessive expansion of the money supply by central banks can generate inflation by increasing the amount of money in circulation.

- External events, such as shocks in commodity prices (oil, food), geopolitical conflicts or climate problems, can affect production costs and generate inflationary pressures. But since I heard that you can't trade resources, this comes down to geopolitical conflicts and natural disasters.

- the devaluation of the national money/currencies, which is impossible since I do not believe that there are currencies per civilization.

- The corruption of a nation generates certain inflation.

- The excess of resources generates a monetary crisis that forces the state to establish regularization laws.

I think that some ways to generate inflation in AoC3 could be:

- Introduce economic events that affect inflation, such as economic crises, trade wars, or currency devaluations. Players should manage these challenges to avoid a Inflationary spiral.

- Inflation could affect diplomatic relations. For example, high levels of inflation could weaken a country's economic position and affect its diplomatic power.

- Introduce technologies or economic research that help mitigate inflation. Players could invest in research to develop more efficient economic policies. (To economic branch)

That's what I have to think about, I hope I've helped, have a good night or afternoon.

On 1/29/2024 at 4:47 AM, Łukasz Jakowski said:

What causes inflation?

Maybe when the biggest producer of some resources goes to war other countries that do not have this resource has an increase in inflation. I don't know if this is good, but It would be nice if resorces somehow were corelated with inflation

On 29.01.2024 at 06:47, Łukasz Jakowski said:

Enflasyona ne sebep olur?

1.) Large minority population.

2.) Too little money or too much money.

3.) The number of economical buildings is low.

4.) War.

5.) Low happiness.

I believe some of the people here are confused or do not understand the concept of inflation.

War has nothing to do with inflation, neither does low happiness.

Inflation is the rate at which the general cost of the goods or services rise (things cost more.)

Inflation generally has multiple factors affecting it:

An inflation is generally caused when the demand for goods and services is far beyond their supply to the market. Increased consumer spending (further reducing the supply, increasing the demand), often fueled by factors like low interest rates or increased government spending.

Another way of how inflation can occur is obviously when the production costs increase such as wages or the supply of raw materials for example, increase dramatically. 

And finally, inflation can be caused by monetary policies. Banks can increase the supply of money or as previously mentioned, decrease interest rates.  If there is an excess of money in the economy without a corresponding increase in goods and services, it can lead to rising prices which therefore leads to inflation.

In terms of gameplay, inflation can be implemented in the most basic way possible. A player could potentially have a limit of the amount of money his treasury or banks can hold; when a player exceeds the limit, a modifier of some sorts is placed on the player, ultimately leading to lower production rates in buildings such as factories and a decrease in the overall income (similar how Age of History 2 worked.)

Increase in the general prices of resources over time could also potentially reflect the inflation mechanic. Resources will have to be regulated using buildings such as mines, where a set output needs to be produced. If a resource becomes too expensive, the overall income of the player will decrease due to the resource not being sold as much (Although this might not be fitting in this game.)

46 minutes ago, qxz said:

An inflation is generally caused when the demand for goods and services is far beyond their supply to the market.

That is why i proposed inflation increase during wars of the biggest producer of any resources. For example imagine that Saudi Arabia goes to war (biggest producer of oil). In such a situation, there would be a risk that oil prices would rise significantly, causing inflation. Also it wolud be interesting and something new compared to AoH2 that you are not the only one responsible for inflation in your country but also foreign situation affects your country

24 minutes ago, Rodak Polak said:

That is why i proposed inflation increase during wars of the biggest producer of any resources. For example imagine that Saudi Arabia goes to war (biggest producer of oil). In such a situation, there would be a risk that oil prices would rise significantly, causing inflation. Also it wolud be interesting and something new compared to AoH2 that you are not the only one responsible for inflation in your country but also foreign situation affects your country

Yes I see your point. However, war is not directly affecting inflation, but it does indeed lead to acts which enable inflation to prosper.