Age of History 3

Posted (edited)

I have discussed with a friend about possible features to the resources function of the game. The idea below is not mine, but my friends. He simply wanted me to post it here on my account;

As you know resources are already in the game, the idea is that resources will have special outputs based on the provinces, for example Istanbul will produce 1.5 units of steel per day whereas Ankara will produce 1.0 . These units would be collected in a tab, where we can see our total amount, we can use those units of resources to build, for example, factories. Let's say your whole nation is producing 5 units of steel per day, and you built a factory that consumes 6, the production efficiency will drop to 80% because not enough resources.

Said factories would produce goods not found underground or generally in nature, for example steel. Factories could produce, let's say, 1 unit daily, or 0.8 if they are at 80% efficiency.

Example of how factories could be upgraded and use these resources: Resource (e.g. Iron) --> Factory (uses Iron, produces Steel and gives 5 gold daily) --> Civilian Factory (uses Steel, produces Upgraded Steel and gives 10 gold daily) --> Civilian Factory+ (uses Upgraded Steel, produces Upgraded Steel+ and gives 15 gold daily)

Also there could be economic collapse if a colonial empire, example France, had built factories that used Iron from its vast colonial lands, and produced Steel it would use for other projects or perhaps trade away for profit. But suddenly they lose their colonies, which would lead to losing iron, without iron all factories requiring iron would stop working, eventually leading to a loss of steel. Suddenly, their economy has collapsed.

Credits: stiel_hand_granate

Edited by Wooodex

5 hours ago, Wooodex said:

I have discussed with a friend about possible features to the resources function of the game. The idea below is not mine, but my friends. He simply wanted me to post it here on my account;

As you know resources are already in the game, the idea is that resources will have special outputs based on the provinces, for example Istanbul will produce 1.5 units of steel per day whereas Ankara will produce 1.0 . These units would be collected in a tab, where we can see our total amount, we can use those units of resources to build, for example, factories. Let's say your whole nation is producing 5 units of steel per day, and you built a factory that consumes 6, the production efficiency will drop to 80% because not enough resources.

Said factories would produce goods not found underground or generally in nature, for example steel. Factories could produce, let's say, 1 unit daily, or 0.8 if they are at 80% efficiency.

Example of how factories could be upgraded and use these resources: Resource (e.g. Iron) --> Factory (uses Iron, produces Steel and gives 5 gold daily) --> Civilian Factory (uses Steel, produces Upgraded Steel and gives 10 gold daily) --> Civilian Factory+ (uses Upgraded Steel, produces Upgraded Steel+ and gives 15 gold daily)

Also there could be economic collapse if a colonial empire, example France, had built factories that used Iron from its vast colonial lands, and produced Steel it would use for other projects or perhaps trade away for profit. But suddenly they lose their colonies, which would lead to losing iron, without iron all factories requiring iron would stop working, eventually leading to a loss of steel. Suddenly, their economy has collapsed.

Genius

45 minutes ago, mostlymossyman said:

Wow underrated idea 10/10 SOMEONE PING ŁUKASZ

@Łukasz Jakowski I demand your familiarization with the idea

On 5/27/2024 at 7:53 PM, Wooodex said:

As you know resources are already in the game, the idea is that resources will have special outputs based on the provinces, for example Istanbul will produce 1.5 units of steel per day whereas Ankara will produce 1.0 . These units would be collected in a tab, where we can see our total amount, we can use those units of resources to build, for example, factories. Let's say your whole nation is producing 5 units of steel per day, and you built a factory that consumes 6, the production efficiency will drop to 80% because not enough resources.

Economic collapse! This would be such fun game mechanic. Agree! In the game!