Age of History 3
Jankovich

The Paths Of Great War

Hello, you probably know how WW1 started, but what you maybe not know is what happened decades before greatest war of all times (until ww2) 

This scenario based on bloody europe map is my try to represent events that led to the great war.  

In the begining of 20 century, balkan states finally starts to regain their freedom from ottoman empire, 

In period of 1903-1911, there was series of revolutions and uprisings of balkan states. (Serbia, Bulgaria, Greece, Albania)

Ottomans were weaker and weaker with every next uprising, finally in 1911 there were italo-turkish war.   That moment, when Ottoman empire lost war against Italy in battle for Lybia was sign for Balkan League (alliance that was created by Serbia, Greece, Bulgaria and Kingdom Of Montenegro) to attack Ottoman empire and push the ottomans back to Asia, far away from Europe.  BUT??   How great powers saw this alliance?   Austro Hungary and German Empire saw threath (mostly Austro Hungary) ,  For example, Austro Hungary was friend of Serbia centuries ago, they were strong allies against Ottoman empire for more than 4 centuries.  What happened now?   When Ottomans retreat from Bosnia and Serbia,  Austrohungary occupied Bosnia and Serbian province of Sandzak and its city Novi Pazar (This province is connection between Serbia and Kingdom of Montenegro, two serbian states that wished to unite again in one country) 

After Bulgaria claimed indepedence from Ottoman empire in 1908, same day, Austro-Hungary annexed occupated Bosnia.  In fear that Bosnia will claim indepedence too, and eventually reunite with Serbia.  This whole messy situation led to another.  Serbia regain their south provinces after first and second balkan war (i will add events of cource) , but Austro-Hungary was ready to eliminate Serbian treath.  Year was 1914,  Austro-Hungary waits for reason to attack Serbia , they know what its gonna happen, but they don't wanna believe in it.   After first declaration of war, answer was quicker than Austro-Hungarians expect.  After German empire declare war on Russian empire and France,  Great Britain decide to defend France, and after 2-3 days there were series of war declarations against Central Powers and Allied Powers.    In one word...slaughterhouse. :)   

BTW, i will try to be historicly accurate, but this system of events will create "what if" scenario, and its gonna be fun for playing. 

Events that i added for now are shown on the screenshots, for now they are just one option events.  For purpose of realism.    But later i will add more options for every event, with small or bigger chances of success.   And that will be "what if" scenario. 

Lets say this is 0.01 version of the scenario.   Some events never happened because of aggresive AI.  

Some event triggers other events, but they will not happen if country of event is attacked and conquered.  

In this case, Bulgarian independence in 1908 was trigger for Bosnian annexion, and also this annexion led to "bad blood" between Austro-Hungary and Serbia. 

But for some reason, Ottoman empire attacks Bulgaria every time, somewhere in 1904.   Bulgaria is even vassal of Ottomans.   And when Bulgaria is gone, a lot of future events will not be activated. 

I need to figure out how to calm down potencial agression before time. 

Edit  - 24 events added so far (1903-1913)   25. July 2019. 

Mostly one option events that follows the true story.    I need to fix their activation, it will take time. :)  

Screenshot_2019-07-24-21-08-50-031_age.of.civilizations2.jakowski.lukasz07.png

Screenshot_2019-07-24-21-10-08-744_age.of.civilizations2.jakowski.lukasz07.png

Screenshot_2019-07-24-21-09-48-323_age.of.civilizations2.jakowski.lukasz07.png

Screenshot_2019-07-25-23-07-41-196_age.of.civilizations2.jakowski.lukasz07.png

Screenshot_2019-07-25-23-09-16-650_age.of.civilizations2.jakowski.lukasz07.png

Edited by Jankovich

8 minutes ago, PANTIC_TIME_NEWS said:

Its rly freaking Awesome but if u did it in orginal map   🙂

This map have more provinces and cities, and its only europe.    Bigger battles and more realistic fun.   For example, bloody europe version of russian empire have over 650 provinces, only in europe part.   Asian part is cut off, because of realism.   Imagine how strong will they be if they have 2000 provinces. :)  Imposible mission to conquer.   Also, small countries have bigger chances to defend themselves.   They have more provinces. :) 

btw, tnx.   Tommorow i will continue. 

2 minutes ago, Jankovich said:

This map have more provinces and cities, and its only europe.    Bigger battles and more realistic fun.   For example, bloody europe version of russian empire have over 650 provinces, only in europe part.   Asian part is cut off, because of realism.   Imagine how strong will they be if they have 2000 provinces. 🙂  Imposible mission to conquer.   Also, small countries have bigger chances to defend themselves.   They have more provinces. 🙂

btw, tnx.   Tommorow i will continue. 

😍😍😍😍👍👍