Age of History 3
Polish Jerry

Western Roman Empire

Returning and Updates to the Mod

After a long while of inactivity, I can announce I will be returning to the mod and have begun working on the Iberian Peninsula!
I became exhausted from making an update to the mod every day, and had to take a break, but I am back now.
1979352315_iberianpeninsulaupdate.thumb.png.1427df95c4b4c1c5800204c8a11058c5.png
Current province map of Iberia, planning to work my way south from the French border.

Hello, I don't know if you accept advice, ideas etc, but I thought, big cities such as Paris, London etc instead of putting them in a single province  you could try to divide them into smaller parts that is in more provinces (but smaller) is to create such districts, municipalities, peripheral areas etc around? for example like the photo below where the area of the city of Paris is divided into several parts. all of this just to give an extra touch of realism to the mod and making the big cities (especially the capitals) more difficult to conquer and more detailed

R (1).jpeg

Edited by aldebaran011
correttura

On 3/7/2022 at 8:46 AM, aldebaran011 said:

question, as soon as it's finished how many provinces will this mod have approximately?

I don't really know, but with half of Iberia and all of italy complete, I have 2,400 provinces, and I'm planning to add the British Isles and France + Benelux

On 3/8/2022 at 10:07 AM, aldebaran011 said:

Hello, I don't know if you accept advice, ideas etc, but I thought, big cities such as Paris, London etc instead of putting them in a single province  you could try to divide them into smaller parts that is in more provinces (but smaller) is to create such districts, municipalities, peripheral areas etc around? for example like the photo below where the area of the city of Paris is divided into several parts. all of this just to give an extra touch of realism to the mod and making the big cities (especially the capitals) more difficult to conquer and more detailed

R (1).jpeg

That is a great idea! I had Rome subdivided into two parts, I'll see if I can split Paris and Madrid

On 3/9/2022 at 8:09 PM, Polish Jerry said:

I don't really know, but with half of Iberia and all of italy complete, I have 2,400 provinces, and I'm planning to add the British Isles and France + Benelux

That is a great idea! I had Rome subdivided into two parts, I'll see if I can split Paris and Madrid

Ok, another question, as soon as the mod is finished will there be only the version for pc or will you also make a mobile version? 

4 hours ago, aldebaran011 said:

Ok, another question, as soon as the mod is finished will there be only the version for pc or will you also make a mobile version? 

Most of this mod will be simple changes to the font and an additional map, I'm not too sure if I will be able to make a mobile version just because I lack the knowledge to do that, but I'll try either way

Important news regarding this mod!

So it turns out I have accidentally deleted the original cities, rivers, and province map for this mod when I cleaned my computer without realizing. There is some good news though, I've been working on a new map for provinces focusing on a larger area including parts of greenland, iceland, Ireland, UK, Poland, Denmark, Germany, Turkey, Greece, Bulgaria, Serbia, etc. I still have older versions saved from weeks before I even started the project, but it's missing cities and rivers and in around half the size. I also have quadrupled the amount of rivers on this new map.

Should I continue working on the old province map or focus on the new one?

Edited by Polish Jerry

How this mod will be developed in the future

Instead of working entirely on the map editor, which can be extremely time consuming (I am extremely busy and dont have much spare time,) I can make a linemap and color map using AoM (Age of Modding,) where I can quickly add a majority of the provinces, small areas that might have been missed and weird glitches can be added/fixed using the map editor itself

Edited by Polish Jerry
typo

In just 2 - 3 hours I was able to completely add all of Iberia, half of France, Cornwall, Iceland, Greenland, and southern italy totaling around 6,000 provinces, it's plausible this map could have around 10k or more provinces when it's done.
image.thumb.png.fbe57abc191efe68de92fbb0b63db7b7.png
(scaled image because of it's size)
(buggy areas in germany, greenland, iceland, as i have yet to cover them)

Sea provinces are also WIP, but I have added "sea lanes" which take shorter routes to their destination but can be easily blockaded to spice up naval combat.

If you have any suggestions for changes to the map, quote this post and I will look into them as the black outline isn't final.

Now that I have taken MOST of the workload off of making the map, I can focus a lot more on other things such as formables, UI changes, script changes, and other major additions.

Edited by Polish Jerry
added image

13 hours ago, Polish Jerry said:

In just 2 - 3 hours I was able to completely add all of Iberia, half of France, Cornwall, Iceland, Greenland, and southern italy totaling around 6,000 provinces, it's plausible this map could have around 10k or more provinces when it's done.
image.thumb.png.fbe57abc191efe68de92fbb0b63db7b7.png
(scaled image because of it's size)
(buggy areas in germany, greenland, iceland, as i have yet to cover them)

Sea provinces are also WIP, but I have added "sea lanes" which take shorter routes to their destination but can be easily blockaded to spice up naval combat.

If you have any suggestions for changes to the map, quote this post and I will look into them as the black outline isn't final.

Now that I have taken MOST of the workload off of making the map, I can focus a lot more on other things such as formables, UI changes, script changes, and other major additions.

What happened to northern italy??? I remember it having just as many provinces as southern italy. Without the north having the same province density, the gameplay will feel wrong

9 minutes ago, Italian PeC said:

What happened to northern italy??? I remember it having just as many provinces as southern italy. Without the north having the same province density, the gameplay will feel wrong

I'm still working on the map, in the newest addition of the map northern italy is just as filled in.
image.thumb.png.f7e8c9548a21e6541ec445ebf832f5af.png
the Sahara, Greenland, and some extremely far eastern parts of the map will have larger provinces unless I decide against it.

I haven't directly added the map into the game yet, because then i'd have to read the scenarios every single time, so im just waiting until i entirely finish the map to read the scenarios

Edited by Polish Jerry
adding image

4 minutes ago, Polish Jerry said:

I'm still working on the map, in the newest addition of the map northern italy is just as filled in.
image.thumb.png.f7e8c9548a21e6541ec445ebf832f5af.png
the Sahara, Greenland, and some extremely far eastern parts of the map will have larger provinces unless I decide against it.

What about that central area of France,  why does it have less and bigger provinces than nearby germany 

8 minutes ago, Italian PeC said:

What about that central area of France,  why does it have less and bigger provinces than nearby germany 

the map (France included) is still being worked on, however the reason why Germany has more small provinces is because of the HRE, despite me not having manually created any provinces in Germany yet.